- Game Information
- Rules Overview
- Skill Shots
- Monster Monitor Features
- Main Multiballs
- Other Scoring
- Extra Balls
- Mini-Wizard Modes
- Lead Designer: Keith Elwin
- Code/Rules: Rick Naegele, Keith Elwin
- Lead Mechanical Engineer: Harrison Drake
- Artwork: Zombie Yeti
- Computer Graphics Art Director: Chuck Ernst
- Lead Sound Designer: Jerry Thompson
- Release Date: September 2021
- Wiki Rulesheet based on Code Rev: 0.85
- Edit the Code revision, if applicable, when you make changes
Godzilla is the fourth Stern pinball machine designed by Keith Elwin and the first machine to implement the Stern Insider Connected system, released in September 2021. The table depicts events from 10 classic Godzilla films in an original story depicting Godzilla fighting against the Xilien invasion of Earth, while tearing up a few cities for good measure.
- The goal of Godzilla is to conquer four cities, win all seven Kaiju Battles, and defeat the Xiliens on Planet X. Each city has a Kaiju that must be defeated, and three optional objectives that have the potential to score big:
- Kaiju Battle - Shoot the ramps to light Battle at the scoop, then shoot the scoop and use the flippers to select a desired battle; the lit shots determine what you should be aiming for. Winning Battles allows you to conquer the city. The player starts in Tokyo and can only battle one Tier 1 monster there - no Tier 2s allowed - but selecting a different city will allow you to progress towards them.
- Tesla Strike - Shoot the Powerline targets enough times to start Powerline Attack, then shoot the strobing targets to start Tesla Strike. Shoot the spinner to increase the value of the blue shots, and make them all to win.
- Bridge Attack - Hit switches to light the captive ball to destroy the bridge; after four lit bridge shots, shoot the right ramp for a 2-ball multiball mode. Shoot the orange shots for jackpots, then loop the right ramp for super jackpots and add-a-balls.
- Tank Attack - Shoot the green tank shots to light the scoop to start this 2-ball multiball. Defeat the approaching tanks before they attack you, and cash out the super jackpot at the Maser Cannon target.
- After completing any of these objectives, two features will light: Destruction Jackpot at the building, and City Select at the scoop.
- Destruction Jackpot will drop the ball from the Magna-Grab captive ball to the upper flipper. Shoot the loop to collect Destruction Jackpot, worth a percentage of the total points scored during modes. There are several ways to increase the multiplier.
- City Select will allow you to change Cities. Changing Cities awards the Carnage Bonus worth the total values of all four objectives. Each conquered City also awards perks, like an extra ball after conquering two in a game.
- There are two major 3-ball multiball modes:
- Godzilla Multiball is started by shooting the ramps or the building itself enough times. When the arrow at the building is lit green, the next shot will start the Multiball. Shoot lit shots for jackpots and the building for Super Jackpot. Add balls at the right spinner.
- Mechagodzilla Multiball is started by shooting the right spinner to deploy Mechagodzilla. The three blue targets must then be completed, followed by another right spinner shot. Shoot the ramps and blue targets for jackpots. Super Jackpot - timed collect at the right spinner.
- Allies can be qualified at the scoop by achieving certain tasks in gameplay. Rodan awards 2x scoring for a minute, Mothra lights the left outlane ball save, and Anguirus qualifies an add-a-ball. Change the qualified ally using the right flipper.
- Jet Fighter Attack starts with enough lit inlanes. Shoot the red shots to destroy jet fighters. An extra ball is available after 10 fighters destroyed.
- The Heat Ray is a quick way to collect shots. Shoot the center spinner enough times to charge it up, then activate it by holding the action button for about 5 seconds. This will collect everything lit for you!
- Completing tasks throughout the game lights the left spinner to advance RAMPAGE. Completing RAMPAGE starts the Monster Rampage timed mode. Shoot the strobing shots to score big, and make 10 shots for an extra ball.
- Hit the flashing bumper enough times to score Saucer Attacks. Three destroyed saucers nets you another extra ball.
- Completing tasks throughout the game advances the Godzilla Powerup meter. Shoot the scoop when lit with the green light above it to score a Powerup of your choice.
The plunger on this game is player-controlled. Plunging at full strength will usually result in the ball hitting the Magna-Grab captive ball.
Regular Skill Shots:
- #1: Short plunge to the switch directly under the bumper. Scores 250K x number of unique skill shots, and 3 seconds of ball save time. Boosts future skill shots #1 and #2 by 250K.
- #2: Short plunge to the first switch out of the shooter lane. Scores 500K x number of unique skill shots, and 5 seconds of ball save time. Boosts future skill shots #1 and #2 by 250K.
- Short plunge directly to the bumper - or shoot it after failing to register any other switch. Scores 750K x number of unique skill shots, and 5 seconds of ball save time.
- Plunge the ball into the left spinner lane, behind the upper flipper. Scores 5M + 1M x the number of unique skill shots made, and 8 seconds of ball save time.
(Super) Secret Skill Shots:
- Plunge to the upper flipper and make a reflex shot to the upper loop. Scores 4M x the number of unique skill shots made, and 5 seconds of ball save time. Boosts future secret skill shots by 2M.
- Plunge the ball into the left inlane. Scores 5 million + 1 million x the number of unique skill shots made, and 5 seconds of ball save time. Boosts future secret skill shots by 2M.
- Super Secret: Make the left spinner lane skill shot described above, and immediately make a reflex shot to the scoop. Scores 10M, +2 Godzilla Power-Ups, and lights + collects an Ally. Does not add additional ball save time, but boosts future secret skill shots by 2M.
Monster Monitor Features:
The goal of Godzilla is to light the four Monster Monitor inserts in each city to destroy them, before taking on the Xiliens once and for all and becoming King of the Monsters. These consist of defeating the Xiliens’ Kaiju in Kaiju Battles, destroying the cities’ power lines during Tesla Strike, collapsing their bridges during Bridge Attack Multiball, and demolishing their many tanks during Tank Attack Multiball. Each feature corresponds to one of the four inserts, and lighting any insert by playing their associated feature will light the Destruction Jackpot at the building.
The player doesn’t need to complete each feature in a city to move on - they just need to attempt a single Kaiju Battle to light “City Select” at the scoop. However, the game incentivizes players to conquer and destroy cities with several perks, as well as the potentially massive Carnage Bonus awarded after changing cities. Playing through all four Cities in a single game lights the scoop for Planet X Multiball.
The four Monster Monitor inserts are:
RAID - Kaiju Battles:
Take down all the Kaiju that the Xiliens have resurrected! Make a shot to both ramps to summon the Xiliens and light the scoop to start a Kaiju Battle, then shoot the scoop and select a battle using the flippers. Press both flippers or press the action button to confirm your choice, and lock the battle into the currently active City.
Your first Battle will be restricted to the Tier 1 column; in Tokyo, where the game starts by default, only Tier 1 battles can be played, and the player must change cities to get a chance at playing Tier 2 battles. Complete half of the lit shots in a Tier 1 Battle to light an Ally and to qualify a Tier 2 Battle. Changing your City or starting a Tier 2 Battle before completing a Tier 1 Battle will permanently forfeit that City to the Kaiju and prevent the player from gaining city-associated perks.
All battles display progress information and mode timers on the display. Draining or running out of time causes the battle to end. Progress is saved between battle attempts, but the value for the final shot will be reduced if the battle is finished across multiple attempts.
At the end of each successful Tier 1 battle, a timer bonus is scored worth 500,000 points (or 50,000 if you needed to restart the mode) x the number of seconds remaining in the mode when the player made the final blow. Completing a Tier 1 battle also increases the Destruction Jackpot multiplier by +1x.
A Kaiju Battle cannot be started if a multiball is already running or if Tank Attack Multiball is lit at the scoop.
Collect 15 spins from the left and right spinners each, and 40 spins from the center spinner. Each completed spinner scores 5M + 5M per spinner. After completing all three spinners, shoot the pop bumper for the final blow, worth 25M. Completing two spinners is required to qualify the Tier 2 battles.
Shoot five flashing targets - the three powerline targets from left to right, then the Maser Cannon, and lastly, the Magna-Grab captive ball. The first target scores 4M, then 7M, 10M, 15M, and final shot is 20M. 3 shots are required to qualify the Tier 2 battles. Each shot to the yellow flashing targets scores 1M and adds 500K to the next shot.
Make eight left or right ramp shots in any combination. Ramp shots award 1M + 500k per shot, and shooting the opposite ramp as a combo scores double (note that looping one ramp does not count as a combo). The final blow, if made as a combo, scores 4x the value (or 2x if it wasn’t made as a combo).
A random flashing yellow shot will light for about 10 seconds. Hitting the flashing shot before it times out will award 4M + 1x per lit shot, to a max of 5x, and light a new, different flashing shot; 7 shots must be made this way to win the battle. Failing to hit the flashing shot before time expires will allow Megalon to hide; while in hiding, shooting either ramp will return Megalon to fighting mode and light a combo shot to attack him. Timing out Megalon while he is hiding underground will result in him spawning at a random shot. Final blow scores the value of a normal shot + 10M.
Godzilla, Rodan & Anguirus VS King Ghidorah
75 seconds. Take down King Ghidorah by shooting the flashing shots - the left ramp, building, center spinner, right ramp, and big loop. Shots start at 400k and increase by 150k per shot. All shots start green and award 1x the shot value. Green shots become yellow shots which award 2x, and yellow shots become red shots which award 4x. Each red shot qualifies the scoop for Fight or Flee if it isn’t lit, and adds a multiplier to the jackpot value that can be collected for fleeing - which starts at 8M.
During Fight or Flee, pressing the left flipper for “Fight” adds 35 seconds (less time on subsequent selections of Fight) to the battle, and allows you to continue increasing the value for winning the battle and its multiplier; while pressing the right flipper for “Flee” allows you to collect the multiplied value and end the battle. The mode ends if the player drains while the mode is running, the timer runs out, or if they select Flee.
Godzilla & Jet Jaguar VS Megalon & Gigan
3-ball multiball mode, albeit lower scoring than the massive jackpots that can be collected in the other Tier 2 battles - this is generally the safest option, but is less rewarding. Two shots are lit for 30 seconds each to collect jackpots starting at 1.5M and increasing by 500K per Super Jackpot:
- Building & right spinner
- Left ramp & right ramp
- Left ramp & upper loop
After each jackpot, shoot the right spinner for a Super Jackpot worth the jackpot value + a multiplier that increases by 1x per Super Jackpot to a max of 4x - until one of the jackpots times out and the multiplier resets. Each Super Jackpot also advances +1 arrow towards Godzilla Power-Up.
Godzilla & Anguirus VS King Ghidorah & Gigan
75 seconds. Collect 50 switch hits to light the major shots for 2.5M each, then shoot them again to increase the jackpot multiplier for each shot; after completing all the shots, collect 50 more switch hits to relight them. Shoot the building at any time while the mode is running to activate Fight or Flee. Each switch hit adds 35K to the jackpot, and each lit shot adds 350K to the jackpot, which starts at 1M.
During Fight or Flee, pressing the left flipper for “Fight” adds 35 seconds (less time on subsequent selections of Fight) to the battle, and allows you to continue increasing the value for winning the battle and its multiplier; while pressing the right flipper for “Flee” allows you to collect the multiplied value + 200K x seconds remaining and end the battle. The mode ends if the player drains while the mode is running, the timer runs out, or if they select Flee.
POWER - Tesla Strike:
Take down all the power lines, then use their electricity against them!
Complete the 3 Powerline targets twice (+1 per activation) to start Powerline Attack. The Powerline targets’ inserts will begin to rove between targets. Shoot the flashing target 5 times +2 per activation for 500,000 points each, with the final shot starting Tesla Strike.
This untimed mode revolves around shooting the center spinner to light the major shots. Shoot the center spinner to increase the Tesla Value, which starts at 2M (+2M per Tesla Strike started), by 100K points per spin. Then, shoot any of the blue flashing shots to collect the Tesla Value. The amount the spinner builds the Tesla Value also increases by 100k per spin after each Tesla Value collect; however, only one rip of the center spinner is allowed before you must collect a unique blue shot to relight it. Repeat this process 5 times, making 5 unique shots, to win the mode.
- Playing Tesla Strike will light an Annihilation Bonus that can be collected at the strobing Powerline target.
BRIDGE - Bridge Attack Multiball:
Destroy bridges and unleash chaos across the city!
50 switch hits (+25 per activation) lights Bridge Attack at the Magna-Grab captive ball to attack the bridge for -25% bridge integrity. Repeat this process four times to destroy the bridge, then shoot either ramp when Bridge Out! is flashing to start a 2-ball Bridge Attack Multiball. This is dependent on the building’s position on Prem / LE, but random on Pro.
All shots light to score jackpots worth 1M + 250K per right ramp shot (+1M for each time the MB is started) each; scoring 4 jackpots lights the Magna-Grab captive ball to score a double jackpot.
After 2 double jackpots have been scored, a 15 second timed super jackpot round begins where each right ramp shot scores a super jackpot worth 6x the base jackpot value, and the first super jackpot adds a ball. This process repeats for the rest of the multiball, and the jackpots increase by 750K per super jackpot collected.
- Playing Bridge Attack Multiball will light an Annihilation Bonus that can be collected at the Magna-Grab captive ball after enough switches have been hit.
TANKS - Tank Attack Multiball:
Destroy the many tanks sent to defeat Godzilla!
Destroy 10 tanks (+5 per activation) by shooting the lit TANK shots. Two will be lit at a time by default, at random shots on the playfield. After shooting all tanks, start Tank Attack Multiball at the scoop.
Once this multiball is qualified at the scoop, it overrides the Kaiju Battle selection screen, though you can start it during a currently active Kaiju Battle.
Shoot the flashing TANK shots for jackpots worth 2.5M + 1M per super jackpot collected - 500K per shot the tank moves towards. Each destroyed tank increases the jackpot multiplier, which starts at 1x, by +1x to a max of 3x. Tanks spawn at the left spinner and scoop, with one being lit at the right ramp at the start of multiball.
The tanks slowly approach the captive ball in 8 second intervals - 2 seconds per super jackpot collected to a minimum of 2 seconds; if this shot times out without scoring a jackpot, then a tank will reach Godzilla, and the super jackpot multiplier will decrease by -1x. Destroy 4 + (1 to a max of 8 per super jackpot collected) Tanks to light Super Jackpot at the Maser Cannon stand up target, worth 50% of the sum total of collected jackpots x the jackpot multiplier.
- Playing Tank Attack Multiball will light an Annihilation Bonus that can be collected at the random flashing tank shot.
Destruction Jackpot can be lit at the building by:
- Starting any of the four Monster Monitor features
- Defeating 12, 20, 30, 40 etc. Saucers
- Completing the Rage Combo sequence
- 25, 40, 80, 120 etc. total Loops
- 7, 20, 33, 46, etc. Tail Whips
- Collecting 10 Trains
- Maser Cannon mystery award
Shoot the building when Destruction Jackpot is lit, and the Magna-Grab post will hold the ball, then drop it to the upper flipper after about 9 seconds. Shoot the upper loop to collect the Destruction Jackpot. A brief grace period is given to collect the Destruction Jackpot if you miss the initial loop shot. Each collected Destruction Jackpot also boosts the value of all Annihilation Bonuses by +1% and lights the left spinner to advance towards starting Monster Rampage. There is a short grace period if the Destruction Jackpot is missed - this timer can be increased from Godzilla Powerup #3.
The total Destruction Jackpot value = 5M (+1M per Monster Monitor insert) + Temporary Base Value x multiplier. The temporary base value is the only portion of the Destruction Jackpot that doesn’t carry over when the player changes cities. An additional +4M is added to the Destruction Jackpot if London has been conquered, and an additional +15M is added for conquering all four Cities in a single game.
Temporary Base Value =
Multiplier: Starts at 1x & increases by +1x from the following:
- Win a Tier 1 Kaiju Battle
- Complete 12, 20, and 30 Saucer Attacks
- Destroy 15 Fighters during Jet Fighter Attack
- 3rd Imposter Battle
- Complete the Rage Combo sequence
- Make 10 shots during Monster Rampage (only if the extra ball has been scored from it)
- Godzilla Power-Up #8 (+2x!)
- Making 25, 40, 80, 120 etc. total Loops
- Collect 10 Trains
- Mystery Award
When you complete the following in a City, an Annihilation Bonus will be lit until you leave the City, based on a percentage (by default, 2% Powerlines, 4% Bridge, 2% Tanks) of each respective mode’s point total:
- Tesla Strike, a single pulsing Powerline Target
- Bridge Attack Multiball, hitting switches will pulse the Attack Bridge insert
- Tank Attack Multiball, a single pulsing Tank Shot
Annihilation Bonuses are boosted by +1% for every Destruction Jackpot collected, are boosted by +1% for conquering Tokyo, and are also boosted by 1% as the 2nd Imposter Battle award. Each Annihilation Bonus is added into the Carnage Bonus value, and has a base value of 1M if the ball drains while any of them are active.
If multiple Annihilation Bonuses are lit at once, their scoring will be given a +1x multiplier, up to 3x for having all three lit on the same ball. Very high points can be scored from Carnage Bonus if the player has enough stamina to score big from all three Annihilation Bonuses, then cashes out the Carnage Bonus when the time is right!
Once the player leaves a City, they will score the Carnage Bonus. This is determined by adding up:
- The current Destruction Jackpot, excluding the multiplier but including temporary base value
- Total points from all three types of Annihilation Bonus
- +1x per Annihilation Bonus activated on the same ball (ie. if all three were collected before cashing out the Carnage Bonus, this would be 3x)
- +1x if all four Monster Monitor inserts were collected
After lighting one of the four Monster Monitor inserts, the right scoop will light for City Select and allow you to change your current City and collect the Carnage Bonus, or remain in the current one. The game always begins in Tokyo; New York, London, and Paris are also available. Changing Cities also lights the left spinner to advance towards starting Monster Rampage.
The purpose of City Select is to determine whether you want to continue playing for a potentially larger Carnage Bonus by playing out the current city, or if you want to complete cities quickly to get to Planet X. Kaiju Battles are locked to the City they have been selected in, and changing cities before completing their respective battle will permanently forfeit the city. The four modes associated with the Monster Monitor inserts can only be played once per city, and the city must be changed to re-qualify them.
Cities can be conquered by winning their respective Kaiju Battles, and each city rewards a perk immediately after the end of the Battle. Additional perks are awarded if Godzilla conquers a number of cities. Each city conquered also adds +1 Bonus X.
- Tokyo - +1% Annihilation Bonus
- New York - +2M Saucer Attack
- Paris - +500K Loops
- London - +4M Destruction Jackpot
- 1 City - 5M & +3 Godzilla Powerups
- 2 Cities - 10M & Extra Ball
- 3 Cities - 20M & quicker Heat Ray cooldown timer
- 4 Cities - 40M & +15M Destruction Jackpot
Each of the 4 Cities has a set of unique combos, 3 combos on the Premium / LE and 2 on the Pro (note that Prem / LE exclusive combos require the building to be in Lock position). After completing 5 City Combos, an extra ball will be awarded. City Combos that have not been collected yet can be viewed in the status report. City Combos score 5M, with a bonus of 10M for completing each city’s set.
|Combo||1st Shot||2nd Shot||3rd Shot|
|Tokyo Combo 1||Center Spinner||Big Loop||Mecha Side Lane|
|Tokyo Combo 2||Right Ramp||Through Building||Big Loop|
|Tokyo Combo 3 (Prem / LE)||Center Spinner||Pop Bumper|
|New York Combo 1||Left Ramp||Center Spinner||Mecha Side Lane|
|New York Combo 2||Right Ramp||Left Ramp||Pop Bumper|
|New York Combo 3 (Prem / LE)||Right Ramp||Center Spinner||Mecha Side Lane|
|London Combo 1||Right Ramp||Left Ramp||Scoop|
|London Combo 2||Right Ramp||Through Building||Any Shield Target|
|London Combo 3 (Prem / LE)||Left Ramp||Captive Ball|
|Paris Combo 1||Left Ramp||Right Ramp||Left Spinner|
|Paris Combo 2||Left Ramp||Right Ramp||Hit Building|
|Paris Combo 3 (Prem / LE)||Left Ramp||Left Spinner|
These three multiball modes can only be played by themselves, but can stack with Kaiju Battles if they are started before the multiball; other side modes like Tesla Strike and Jet Fighter Attack will also run as usual during either multiball mode.
Damage the building and decrease the building integrity; upper / middle floors can be destroyed by shooting the ramps or the building, while lower floors can only be destroyed by shooting the building itself. Once the building integrity has reached 0%, shoot the building to start Godzilla Multiball. (On the Premium / LE, shoot the building three times after reaching 0% to lock balls, with the third lock starting Godzilla Multiball.)
Shoot lit shots for Jackpots worth 500k + 500k per Godzilla Multiball started. Each jackpot advances its corresponding shot to the next Jackpot level, up to three times per shot until the Super Jackpot is scored:
- Blue > 1x Jackpot
- Green > 2x Jackpot
- Yellow > 3x Jackpot
- Orange > 4x Jackpot
- Red > 5x Jackpot
Light Super Jackpot at the building by shooting 6 Jackpot shots. Complete all lit shots for +1x to Super Jackpot. Shoot the reverse building for an additional +1x.
Super Jackpot is worth the jackpot total and relights all jackpots at +1x their initial level. The highest level jackpots can be lit at after scoring the Super Jackpot is 3x.
Balls can be added to this 3-ball multiball by:
- Pro: collecting 30 spins at the right spinner.
- Prem/LE: hitting the three Neo-Barrier standups, and then one right spinner shot.
Shoot the right spinner enough times (20 + 10 per activation) to bring Mechagodzilla online, then shoot the spinner once more to deploy him. Once Mechagodzilla has been deployed, the jump ramp will rotate to the target bank side on the Prem / LE.
Disable the Neo Barrier by shooting all three targets (or on the Pro, the two standup targets and the right spinner). Then, shoot the right spinner once more (or use the jump ramp on the Prem / LE) to start Mechagodzilla Multiball.
Collect jackpots worth 1M + 500K per Mechagodzilla Multiball started each, at the ramps and the building. After collecting a jackpot, shoot the target bank to score another jackpot and re-light the jackpots that weren’t collected - third and fourth jackpots are 2x, fifth and sixth jackpots are 3x.
Collect all three jackpots at the lit shots and the target bank for a timed super jackpot - build up the super jackpot value by 500K points per spinner hit for 20 seconds, then collect it at the Tail Whip / right spinner lane (Tail Whip exclusively on Prem / LE) within 20 seconds. Draining to a single ball while the super jackpot is lit will give the player a 10 second timer to collect it.
Saucer Attack Multiball:
This Multiball is qualified by defeating 6 saucers through the Saucer Attack feature. Once it has been qualified, the next shot to the flashing pop bumper during normal play will cause the flippers to die and the ball to drain as multiball begins. Saucer Attack Multiball can only be played once per game.
Three white flashing inserts are lit to score jackpots starting at 2.5M + 1M per Saucer Jackpot collected - each Saucer Jackpot also requires more shots to be made. Complete them all to light the Maser Cannon target to lock onto a saucer for 2x the jackpot value, then shoot the bumper within 15 seconds to score a Saucer Jackpot worth 10x the jackpot value +1x per Saucer Jackpot collected.
Godzilla has three allies, each with associated perks, that can be collected at the scoop when lit. Allies can be lit by:
- Scoring a Super Secret Skill Shot (also collects it)
- By destroying 5, 21, 33, 45, etc. fighters during Jet Fighter Attack
- Completing half of a Tier 1 Kajiu Battle
- 1st Imposter Battle
- Making 6 consecutive loops
- Making three shots in the Rage Combo sequence
- 8th Godzilla Power-Up (lights all of them!)
- Mystery Award
Pressing the right flipper when an Ally is lit cycles between any of the unlit ones, so set up a shot to the scoop by holding the ball on the left flipper, and use the right flipper to choose the ally you want. These can be collected at any time, and stack, meaning multiple allies can be collected in a single shot if more than one is lit. Each collected ally also lights the left spinner to advance towards Monster Rampage.
- Rodan - 2x Playfield for 60 seconds (+15 seconds from Godzilla Powerup #6)
- Mothra - Light left outlane for Mothra Save. If the ball saver is already active, Mothra Save won’t be qualified until it expires.
- Anguirus - Action button adds a ball during any Multiball. Collected Anguirus activations stack over the course of the game.
Note: As of V0.93, up to 3 Allies can be stacked without missing out on one.
Saucers control the monsters that the Xiliens brought back to life. They can be destroyed by collecting Saucer Attack, which lights for 10 seconds - 2 seconds per saucer collected on the same ball after hitting the bumper 5 times (by default, +3 per saucer collected) or rolling over the switch at the exit of the right spinner lane by itself (in single ball play only). They can also be instantly defeated from a mystery award.
Saucer Attack scores a minimum of 2M + 20,000 points per bumper, reducing by 75% for each saucer destroyed. The value for Saucer Attack is multiplied by +1x every time one is collected on a ball, and is further doubled if the player shoots the bumper by making an alley pass through the right return lane; this will also count as 2 Saucers destroyed. Conquering New York will add an additional 2M to the Saucer Attack value.
Awards are given after destroying certain amounts of saucers:
- 3 Saucers: Extra Ball
- 6 Saucers: Light Saucer Attack Multiball
- 12, 20, 30, 40, etc. Saucers: +1x and Lights Destruction Jackpot
Jet Fighter Attack:
Start Jet Fighter Attack by collecting 6 missiles at the flashing inlanes. On subsequent attempts, the inlanes must be lit by shooting the right spinner lane.
Shoot roving red arrows to collect hurry-up values starting at 1M, add 1M to the value of the next hurry-up value at a higher level, temporarily pause the timer, and destroy jets. The value for each jet destroyed increases by 500K per Jet Fighter Attack started. If 5 shots are made during a single attempt at the mode, the left spinner will light for a final hurry-up starting at 3x the normal hurry-up value.
Destroyed jet fighters also count up and score various awards during the course of the game:
- 5 Jets: Light Ally
- 10 Jets: Extra Ball
- 15 Jets: +1x Destruction Jackpot
- 21, 33, 45, etc. Jets: Light Ally
- 27, 39, 51, etc. Jets: +1 Godzilla Power-Up
Magna-Grab & Imposter Battle:
Completing all 3 Tesla stand-ups will light the right inlane. Passing through a lit right inlane will light the Magna-Grab to score points and capture the ball. Release a ball from the Magna-Grab by pressing both flippers at the right time; every loop shot following a Magna-Grab will be doubled.
Alternatively, time the release of the ball so that it enters the left spinner, and one of a series of awards will be scored in the following order:
Every time the Heat Ray has been leveled up, the left inlane will light. Rolling over the lit left inlane will light the right ramp to start the Rage Combo sequence. The following 5 shots must be made in succession: right ramp, left ramp, center spinner, upper loop, tail whip. Each shot awards 3M (+1M per activation) x the number of the shot. Making the center spinner shot will light an Ally, and making the final tail whip shot will score a 20M bonus, increase the Destruction Jackpot multiplier, and light the building to collect it.
- After collecting the first Ally, the 4th shot in the sequence, then the 5th shot in the sequence, must be made to light future Allies in subsequent Rage Combos. Only 3 Allies can be collected from Rage Combo per game.
Complete R-A-M-P-A-G-E to start Monster Rampage. At the start of the game, the first two letters are spotted, so only five need to be collected to start it the first time. Letters can be collected at the left spinner when “Adv. Rampage” is lit through any of the following:
- Lit by default at the start of the game
- Changing Cities through City Select
- Collecting a Destruction Jackpot
- Collecting an Ally
- Mystery Award
This single-ball mode starts with a generous unlimited ball-save. During the mode, shoot the single lit shot repeatedly for points, with each successful shot increasing the value for the next shot. The jackpot value starts at 3 million and increases by 1.25 million for each jackpot collected, regardless of which physical shot is lit. The lit shot is timed (15 seconds) to move from: Left Ramp → Building → Center Spinner → Right Ramp → Loop → Tail Whip → Left Spinner → mode ends. Making 12 cumulative shots during the mode awards an extra ball the first time, and +1x Destruction Jackpot on subsequent 12 cumulative shots. Your cumulative shots carry between Rampage modes.
Heat Ray & Super Spinner:
Qualify the Heat Ray by spinning the center spinner enough times - 60 for the first, 120 for the second, etc. Once the action button is flashing, hold the action button to “charge” the Heat Ray to collect all lit shots. As soon as the meter on the display reaches 100%, it’s safe to release the button. The more times you use the Heat Ray, the longer you will need to hold the action button to use it (though this can be sped up by conquering three Cities).
After using the Heat Ray, the next spinner shot will score Super Spinner points - 6x per spin for 1 spinner rip only. This maxes out at 25M.
Completing select tasks throughout the game will add arrows to the Godzilla Power-Up meter, which can be cashed out for rewards at the scoop and add 300,000 points to end-of-ball bonus. These can be collected from:
- Making a Super Secret Skill Shot - +2
- Completing a Tier 1 Kaiju Battle - +2 for 1st try, +1 otherwise
- 1st City conquered - +2
- Super Jackpot during Godzilla & Jet Jaguar VS. Megalon & Gigan - +1
- Starting Powerline Attack - +1
- Winning Tesla Strike - +2
- Starting Bridge Attack Multiball - +1
- Starting Tank Attack Multiball - +1
- Collecting a Destruction Jackpot - +1
- Enter a new City through City Select - +1
- Collecting a City Combo - +1
- Super Jackpot during Godzilla Multiball - +1
- Starting Mechagodzilla Multiball - +1
- Starting Saucer Attack Multiball - +2
- Starting Jet Fighter Attack - +1
- Winning Jet Fighter Attack - +1
- 27, 39, 51, etc. Jet Fighters defeated - +1
- Starting Monster Rampage - +2
- Lit Super Spinner - +1
- Consecutive loops - +1 for 3 loops, +2 for 9?
- Tail Whips - +2
- 3, 20, 30, 40, etc. Trains - +2
- Collecting a Mystery Award - +1
- Collecting 5 Secret Combos - +2
Power-Ups are rewarded in the same order every game. The first Power-Up set is randomly determined from the five options listed (and remains the same across players in a multiplayer game), but will always be +250k Godzilla Multiball Jackpot or +500k Mechagodzilla Multiball Jackpot in competition mode.
Level 6 and beyond of Godzilla Power-Up can only be collected by scoring a Super Jackpot during Mechagodzilla Multiball. You can collect any other powerups you’ve qualified before actually playing Terror of Mechagodzilla, which takes the place of Powerup #5.
|Powerup Number||Powerup Arrows Required||Left Flipper||Right Flipper|
|#1||2||Godzilla Multiball Jackpot +250k or Light Heat Ray or 15M or Destroy Saucer or Jet Fighter Attack Values +250k||Mechagodzilla Multiball Jackpot +500k or +1x Skill Shot Multiplier or Loops +250k or Saucer Attack +500k or Collect 3x Bonus|
|#2||3||Tier 1 Battle Timers +10 secs.||Tier 1 Battle Time Bonus 5x|
|#3||4||Destruction Jackpot +3 secs.||Tier 2 Battle Timers +10 secs.|
|#4||6||Saucer Attack +3 secs.||Rage Combo +3 secs.|
|#5||6||Light Terror of Mechagodzilla (at the building)|
|#6||6||Rodan 2x Scoring +15 secs.||Magna-Grab 2x|
|#7||6||Super Spinner 2x||Loops 2x|
|#8||6||+2x Destruction Jackpot||Light All Allies|
|#9||6||Collect 10x Bonus||Collect Imposter|
If a mode is running, a strong shot to the exit of the building that passes through its entrance will award one lit shot, prioritizing those on the left side of the playfield. Further uses of Godzilla Wallop during the mode just award 1M. The first two times (in single-ball play) this will award a short ballsave.
Godzilla Wallop also lights Advance Train at the left ramp.
Shoot the upper loop from the upper flipper to score 400K (+20K per loop), with consecutive loop shots adding +1x to the loop value for only that consecutive sequence - to a max of 10x. Loop scoring is doubled after releasing a ball from the lit Magna-Grab captive ball.
Reaching consecutive loop shot thresholds rewards certain perks the first time they are reached during a game:
- 3 consecutive loops awards +1 Godzilla Power-Up
- 6 consecutive loops lights Ally
- 10 consecutive loops awards +3 Godzilla Power-Up
Awards are also given after scoring enough loops during the course of an entire game:
- 25, 40, 80, 120, etc. loops adds +1x to and lights Destruction Jackpot
Each loop adds 100,000 points to end-of-ball bonus.
Score Magna-Grab when lit to light the tail whip shot for Tail Whip. Shooting the loop followed by the tail whip awards a “Super Tail Whip” worth 2x the value and collects 2 Tail Whips. Further loops don’t affect this.
Tail Whips count up and score awards during the game:
- 3 Tail Whips awards +2 Godzilla Power-Ups
- 7, 20, 33, 46, etc. Tail Whips awards +2 Godzilla Power-Ups and lights Destruction Jackpot
Light Advance Train at the left ramp by shooting:
- Reverse building
- Captive ball when “Attack Bridge” is lit
Shoot the left ramp when “Advance Train” is lit to collect 1 train for 2 million points + 200K per train. Collecting Trains will also score awards.
- 3 trains - +2 Godzilla Power-Up
- 5 trains (Pro) - Big Points (50M)
- 5 trains (Prem / LE) - Super Train Loops
- 10 trains - +1x and Lights Destruction Jackpot
- 15, 25, 35, etc. trains - Big Points (50M)
- 20, 30, 40, etc. trains - +2 Godzilla Power-Up
Super Train Loops: (Prem/LE only)
Starts immediately with your 5th Train. Timed mini-mode that takes priority over all other modes, where making ramp shots awards points and increases the value of the next shot provided that you don’t hit any switches not part of the loop. There is an increasing multiplier on the increasing values for “looping” the same ramp vs. alternating ramps. Shooting the building ends the mode prematurely.
- The building is set to the one-story lower height to facilitate looping either ramp.
- Successful shots seem to add back a couple seconds of time.
- After 5 consecutive Right Ramps, the building will divert the ball to the other flipper.
- After 5 consecutive shots to the Left Ramp, the Bridge open and divert the ball.
- After 4 consecutive Right Ramps, a bonus will be lit at the Left Ramp.
Collect mystery awards at the Maser Cannon standup target when flashing. Qualify the target by either rolling over the switch directly right of the pop bumper - and / or hitting the standup target itself - 3 times + 1 per collection.
- +1 Bonus X
- +1 Tail Whip
- Advance Fighter
- Advance Train
- Advance RAMPAGE
- Destroy Saucer
- Light Ally
- Light Destruction Jackpot
- Light Inlanes
- Light Kaiju Battle
- Spot Powerline
- Spot Bridge Attack
- Spot Tank
- Start Mechagodzilla Battle (activates the Neo Barrier, only available once per game)
- Start Hedorah (see below)
Secret Combos & Hedorah:
There are 10 secret combos throughout the game (you’ve been reading this long, figure them out for yourself!), and collecting 2 of these will cause the next mystery award to dispatch Hedorah to the current city.
Once this award has been collected, for the rest of the current ball, one of the shots will be lit in light green. Shooting this shot will collect and increase the Hedorah value, which starts at 750K and increases by 15K per switch, and light another shot to repeat the process. Score 100 switch hits to cause the green shot to flash, and shoot it to score Hedorah Jackpot for 3x the value. During a long ball, points from Hedorah can be very lucrative!
- Cities: 750K
- Tail Whips: 150K
- Godzilla Power-Ups: 100K
- Fighters Destroyed: 200K
- Loops: 100K
- Bonus X (earned through conquering Cities or as a Mystery Award)
Extra balls are instantly awarded once any of the below tasks have been achieved.
- Conquer 2 Cities
- Collect 5 City Combos
- Destroy 3 Saucers
- Destroy 10 Jet Fighters
- Make 10 shots during Monster Rampage the first time
There are three smaller wizard modes in this game:
Terror of Mechagodzilla:
If the player scored the Super Jackpot during Mechagodzilla Multiball, and has collected Godzilla Power-Up Level 5, the next building shot will begin Terror of Mechagodzilla. This is a unique, flip count-based multiball where the goal is to lock in values for the targets, ramps, and spinners during each phase, then cash them out during the final phase.
Completing the goal in each of the first three phases will add flips and reset the goal. The goal can be completed a second and third time to add a diminishing number of flips again. Once the player runs out of flips per phase, they will move onto the next phase. The mode ends when they run out of flips at the end of the 4th phase.
- 1st phase - 30 flips. Single-ball. The standup targets are lit to score points and increase their value. Complete them all to add flips. Drains subtract 6 flips.
- 2nd phase - 45 flips. 2-ball multiball. Shoot spinners to score points and increase their value - left spinner scores more than the center and right spinners. Collect 100 spins to add flips. Drains subtract 5 flips.
- 3rd phase - 50 flips. 3-ball multiball. Shoot ramps to score points and increase their value. Shoot 8 ramps to add flips. Drains subtract 4 flips.
- 4th phase - 100 flips, and no way to add more. 4-ball multiball. All shots are lit at the values that were locked in during each phase, and the bumper & captive ball are lit for 3M. Drains subtract 3 flips.
Planet X Multiball:
After conquering all four Cities, choosing to head to Planet X will reward the Earth Bonus, awarding half of the four Carnage Bonus awards from each City (minimum of 55M). The mini-wizard mode, Planet X Multiball, will then start. This is a 3-ball multiball with balls added at each major phase; it can also be played as a single-ball mode, but will end if the ball drains.
Defeat the Xiliens once and for all by making the following sets of shots in order:
- 3 Powerline targets, then center spinner for 10M
- All Tank shots, then Maser Cannon for 15M
- 5 Magna-Grab shots, then right ramp for 20M
- All major shots
- Scoop within 20 seconds
The last shot of the first three sets are multiplied by up to 5x - +1x for each city that Godzilla was able to conquer. The scoop shot is a timed shot that must be made within 20 seconds to win; it is a hurry-up that starts at 50% of the Earth Bonus (minimum of 50M) value before decreasing over time.
After the final scoop shot, the 2-minute timed Planet X Victory Challenge will start, allowing you to play through all four waves again for double the Super Jackpot values. The final shot value during the Victory Challenge is double the hurry-up value from the first phase of Planet X. After collecting the final shot, or if time runs out, all progress will reset and the player will return to Tokyo with all three Annihilation Bonuses active.
The Heat Ray is disabled during Planet X Multiball.
Strategies & Tips:
- There are seven battles that the player must start to access Planet X, but some of these have higher scoring potential than others. Out of the four initial battles, Megalon has the biggest scoring potential if the player can shoot switches in between making major shots to build up their value, but its also the toughest mode and is thus not recommended for newcomers. Titanosaurus can often be completed during a multiball, as can Ebirah; while Gigan has the utility of helping light Godzilla Multiball at the building due to all the ramp shots you’re making. And be sure to get that +5x timer bonus from Godzilla Power-Up #2 if you want to guarantee big points!
- The three Tier 2 battles should ideally be started if you know that you can light an Ally at the right scoop before or during it - ideally Rodan for the 2x playfield. Godzilla & Jet Jaguar VS Megalon & Gigan is the lowest scoring of these battles, but should be played first because of the Godzilla Power-Ups you get by making successful jackpots and super jackpots - and generally, allies won’t make this battle any higher scoring, so it’s also a good pick if you don’t have any allies lit. It may also be a good option if you have a lot of high-value Annihilation Bonuses ready to go, as you can safely pick many of them off during the multiball to really boost your Carnage Bonus. If you decide to tackle the other two battles, it might be a good idea to charge up the Heat Ray with center spinner shots to make them easier to win. The third conquered City also makes the Heat Ray easier to relight after it’s been used. Like before, pick +10 seconds from Godzilla Power-Up #3 if you want to score even higher during these modes.
- The annihilation bonuses that are lit by completing either Tesla Strike, Bridge Attack Multiball, or Tank Attack Multiball might seem small when you start scoring them - and that’s because they are at first. But if you can score Destruction Jackpots consistently (see below) and get all three annihilation bonuses lit on the same ball, huge points can be scored both immediately and in Carnage Bonus. Each annihilation bonus active at once adds a +1x multiplier to the bonuses, and adds an additional +1x multiplier to the total value of the Carnage Bonus. Just remember - if you drain, you’ll lose the active annihilation bonuses and the multipliers. Greeeed…
- Generally it’s a bad idea to aim for the annihilation bonus shots during single-ball play, and this gives the multiball modes, particularly Godzilla Multiball and Mechagodzilla Multiball, some added scoring opportunities. If the annihilation bonuses are high enough, you might be better off shooting for those instead of the jackpots! It’s also a good idea to make progress towards Tesla Strike, which requires many dangerous powerline target shots, during these multiball modes.
- One of the biggest sources of points on this game is the Destruction Jackpot, which has many ways it can be lit and just as many ways to multiply its value - and even helps contribute to the annihilation bonuses when collected. The easiest way to increase the multiplier is by winning a Tier 1 Kaiju Battle, but there are plenty of other methods worth considering. Loops and Trains can light the Destruction Jackpot and increase its multiplier, and you can also increase it by defeating jets during Jet Fighter Attack or doing particularly well during Monster Rampage. Just like the annihilation bonuses, the only aspects of the Destruction Jackpot that carries over between balls are the base value and the multiplier, so if you want to score big from Destruction Jackpots, you’ll have to work for them by scoring well during the modes and maintaining a huge multiplier.
- The most dangerous shots to recover from on this game are arguably weak shots to the center spinner, the right ramp, the upper loop, or particularly dangerous shots to the saucer pop bumper. If you miss the center spinner, try giving the game a bit of a slap to the left and catch the ball on the right flipper. Don’t double flip off the right ramp return - wait until you know where the ball is going before trying to catch it. Nudge the game to affect the ball’s trajectory if it is exiting out the upper loop, or collect a Mothra Save if you can’t save balls from that area consistently. As for the bumper… this is a very important spot to practice nudging, even from balls that exit the tail whip lane. Don’t hold either flipper until you know where the ball will head, and nudge the game if it looks like the ball will drain down the right outlane.
I’ve never played this pinball machine before, and it looks like so much to take in! What should I do?
Completely understandable - the layout is unlike anything ever designed in pinball before, and the rules are… comprehensive, to say the least. If you want some basic tips, check out the Rules Overview at the very beginning of this page. The upper flipper can be particularly difficult if you’re not used to its placement.
The “bare minimum” rules I give to people learning this game are to shoot the ramps to light Battle at the scoop, and to try shooting the building repeatedly for Godzilla Multiball. From here, you can work on developing further strategies. The four Monster Monitor inserts in the center of the playfield should help guide you towards the game’s biggest features. And remember - when in doubt, shoot the flashing lights!
I just beat my first Kaiju, but the game won’t allow me to light the next Battle. Is the game broken?
Nope - the Tier 2 monsters don’t want anything to do with Tokyo, because Godzilla’s already destroyed so much of it. To light the next Battle, you have to shoot the scoop when City Select is lit, then move to a different City. Of course, if you want to maximize the Carnage Bonus, then you might be better off not leaving…
The game told me that the Heat Ray is ready, how do I use it?
After shooting the center spinner enough times, the action button must be held in order to activate the Heat Ray. This is indicated by the action button flashing a blue color. If you’re holding balls on both flippers, slamming your chin on the action button is always an option…
(Prem / LE) Why does the bridge randomly fall apart sometimes?
The bridge activation isn’t random - there are certain times during a game when it activates, so look out when it happens. The bridge activates whenever you collect a Train Award, and when you score the Train Jackpot during Super Train Loops. It also activates at the start of Bridge Attack Multiball and when the Bridge Super Jackpot is lit during that multiball. The game should divert balls that exit the broken bridge to the Magna-Grab, though sometimes they can bounce right off the upper flipper and towards the bumper.
Who are those weird aliens on the display?
Those gray dudes are the Xiliens, the antagonists of the game and the whole reason Godzilla was thrown into this mess. They first appeared in the Godzilla film Invasion of Astro-Monster, where Godzilla was able to take them down on Planet X. Along with bringing Godzilla’s former opponents back to life, the Xiliens also deployed flying saucers to control them. Their voice is hard not to recognize.