Scooby Doo, Where Are You? Rulesheet

During one of the mysteries (Creeper) you have to mash the action button if he’s close to stealing the paper.

1 Like

It has a use for Scooby’s mode to refill the shakes.

1 Like

An important heads up regarding the new Scooby Doo Code (3-17-2024)!

It seems to increase scoring by about 10x. A decent game on my machine went from 5 million to about 50 million.

But TDs should know about a potential major problem: If you have Extra Balls turned off (Tournament Mode), then it awards points for them instead.

200 million points.

Honestly I think even 20 million would have been too much, but 200 million is just completely insane.

Oh by the way, Extra Ball is lit by unmasking two villains. I’m not sure if there are other ways to light EB.

1 Like

who uses Spooky games in tournament settings?
All of them have issues some more then others.

rick and morty is ok now still some settings may crash the game if set in X way.

tna is ok other then mode ends game (may have tpg issues / issues with other rules) and lock stealing. Also this game does have some forum of dirty pool.

others bad

Alice cooper is usually fine.

I use TNA and it’s fine.

In general, any new, modern pinball game I buy, I expect to be acceptable for tournament use. Saying “don’t use spooky games in tournaments” is not an acceptable answer, IMO.

1 Like

usually?

I think it has stuff that can give points to other players.

well maybe at times don’t use new stern games till code has had an few updates / be on the look out for issues with new stern game early on.

Yes usually. I’ve never seen an Alice cooper give points to another player.

The game is working as intended. I’m talking about game errors. There nothing wrong with lock stealing games for competition. Especially ones that give you points should someone steal your locks.

That does have issues for rulings / at the very least makes it so that NO score is finale till the last player is done with their last ball.

and hard locking stealing should be an thing in an 2000 or later game

Hard lock stealing is a think in 2000 or later games and it’s fine. Always need to be ready to rule accordingly on games you’re using. Or don’t use them if it’s a pain to use games like that.

well it should be an software setting.

Collected an extra ball today and it awarded me 550 million points. So not only is it absurdly imbalanced, it’s also highly variable.

multiplier? that can X EB points?

Combo points stack with EB points?

Your guess is as good as mine. I was having a good game. Played Captain Cutler MB and Mystery Machine MB and unmasked two villains. But at no point did I hit, like, 100 combos in a row or anything crazy like that.

Did you collect the EB during either multiball, or scooby snack multiball? There’s a balls in play multiplier during those.

I don’t believe so. I think I picked up the EB immediately after unmasking my second villain. I know I didn’t have Scooby snack Multiball.

EB points seems to be to high and maybe should have no multiplier allowed for them.