Adding this since there isn’t one created yet. Please help add information.
- Left outlane - Standard. Can be qualified for a virtual ball save after enough hits to the left stand ups. Also has the “R” light in RAGE.
- Left inlane - Standard. Contains the “A” in RAGE.
- Left stand-ups - Two standup targets at the very far left of the playfield, with inserts reading “ADD TIME” in front of them. Hitting either target during a mode will add about 2 seconds of time. The targets also count down towards activating the virtual ball save at the left outlane and towards qualifying Add-A-Ball at the left saucer during Triple Knights Challenge.
- Left saucer - A saucer to the left of the machine that can easily be made from the right flipper and is impossible to backhand because of the curved lane leading up to it. The saucer kicks the ball upwards towards the ramp, where it feeds the right inlane. Collects Add-A-Ball during Triple Knights Challenge and starts Knight Mode when lit. Also acts as a mode shot and collects the Super Mode payoff (although there isn’t any insert dedicated to this).
- Left spinner - A spinner located in front of the left saucer shot. Changes the currently lit main mode.
- Left orbit - A short orbit that generally feeds the WAR lanes through a diverter, although if the lightning bolt insert in front of it is red, the shot will make the ball travel around the playfield towards the right flipper. Acts as a mode shot.
- Right spinner - Another spinner located in front of the left orbit shot. Along with changing the currently lit main mode, the spinner counts down to qualifying a Super Mode at the Black Knight target.
- Ramp - This ramp curves around towards the right inlane but it isn’t always accessible due to the Flail target spinning in front of it. Shooting the ramp after enough shots have been made in non-mode play will qualify the right saucer to start a main mode (indicated by the REALM lamp flashing in front of the ramp). Also acts as a mode shot.
- Flail - The Black Knight’s left hand carries a flail that spins around in front of the ramp, blocking shots towards it and sending them directly towards the flippers (and potentially ending your ball really quickly!). The flail is one of the three shots that can qualify a main mode and it also plays a major role during Triple Knights Challenge, where it is blocking the Super Jackpot shot, and the WAR Hurry-Up.
- Black Knight target - A target directly in the center of the machine, with a figure of the titular Black Knight on top of it that taunts the player during gameplay through an insert in its helmet that lights up. This is a very dangerous shot that can send the ball out of control if you’re not careful; however, the risk is worth it, as the target helps begin your main modes, will begin any lit Super Modes (“SUPER”) and will activate the Sword of Rage during a main mode if it has been charged up fully (“POWER”). Also acts as a mode shot.
- Shield - The Black Knight’s right hand carries a shield that lifts up when the ball hits it to block shots. Similarly to the Flail, the Shield isn’t active during main modes or other times during play. Generally, this shot is quite a bit safer than the other two - it can easily be backhanded without worrying about the trajectory of the shot, meaning this shot is preferable for starting up modes.
- Right saucer - Hidden behind the Shield is a short lane that feeds the right saucer, which kicks the ball onto the ramp and feeds the right inlane. This saucer can be made from either flipper and is especially satisfying as a backhand from the right flipper. The saucer is important throughout the game, as it begins main modes, locks balls for Triple Knights Challenge, and collects Extra Balls and Mystery awards throughout the game. Also acts as a mode shot.
- Light Lock target - A small standup target located directly to the right of the Shield (approximately in front of the right saucer itself). This is much easier as a backhand from the right flipper than a direct hit from the left flipper. Hitting this target enough times will qualify the Lock for Triple Knights Challenge at the right saucer. Also acts as a mode shot.
- Right orbit - The opposite of the left orbit and where the plunger deposits the ball. Most of the time the ball is diverted into the WAR lanes, but if the lightning bolt insert in front of the shot is red, the ball will be sent out the entrance of the left orbit to the left flipper. Acts as a mode shot.
- 3-bank drop targets - A set of three drop targets located to the far right of the machine. Completing the drop targets instantly adds 10% charge to the Sword of Rage and counts down towards qualifying Magna-Save if it isn’t already lit. The drop targets time out after a short time so complete them before the timer ends.
- Right inlane - Standard. A ball caught through Magna-Save will be deposited here. Also collects the “G” in RAGE.
- Right outlane - Standard. Collects the “E” in RAGE.
- Magna-Save - This feature is indicated by a circular shape with an arrow insert above the right inlane. When the insert is lit, Magna-Save can be used to save a ball that might be draining down the right outlane. If the insert isn’t lit, you’re screwed.
- WAR lanes - The standard three top lanes, spelling out WAR here. Completing WAR adds +1x Bonus and begins the WAR Hurry-Up after spelling WAR enough times.
- Action button - Pressing the button on the lockdown bar when flashing will activate the Magna-Save. Don’t waste it!
- The Display - There are several important features worth noting on the display:
- Super Modes - The five Super Modes (Slings, Pops, Orbits, Lanes, Spins, Targets) are shown to the left of the display. When these modes are active a timer will be shown in front of the mode’s respective symbol. Collecting the Super Mode payoff will end the timer and display a treasure chest that opens at the bottom of the row of symbols.
- The Sword of Rage - Progress towards charging up the Sword of Rage will be shown as the gauge in the Sword increases through switch hits and other methods. When the Sword is fully charged, Power will be lit at the Black Knight target. A timer is shown in front of this portion of the display during main modes.
Standard Skill Shot - Plunge the lit top lane. 750k + 250k for each additional Skill Shot.
– NOTE: If the left flipper is held in (ie. Super Skill Shot) and the ball enters the lit top lane WITHOUT changing it, a Super Skill Shot will be awarded, worth 3m + 1m per Super Skill Shot.
Super Skill Shot - hold in the left flipper and hit one of the three Knight shots (flail, Knight target, shield). 2M + 500k for each additional Super Skill Shot.
Hit the center ramp, knight or shield X times, where
X = (# of modes played in current set) + (# of completed sets of 6 modes) + 1
(Essentially, for the first mode, you will only need to make one of either shot. For the second mode, two of either shot has to be made, etc. For each set of modes completed, the amount of shots required for the first mode will increase by 1, affecting the shots required to start further modes.)
These three shots will be rainbow color coded to tell you how many shots left you have (red = 1, orange = 2, yellow = 3, green = 4) and repeat colors every 4 hits (so red can be 5 shots or 1, for example). After hitting any X shots, the center ramp inserts will strobe. Hit the center ramp and then the shield (raised) into the scoop to begin a mode. (Ramp to scoop on the fly from the right flipper is super satisfying!) Each mode has its own insert colors, which are shown on the lightning bolt circle above the flippers, when the mode is qualified, and during the mode itself; these are listed next to the titles of each mode.
Mud Bog (Green)
Fight a 5-headed Hydra!
5 shots are lit (left spinner lane, left orbit, left ramp, Lock target, right orbit) to start. Shooting any shot “locks” the shot in and starts a timer. Shoot the shot again to score more points and cut off one of the Hydra heads and eliminate the shot from the mode.
KNIGHT letters are awarded after cutting off the 3rd and last heads.
Upgrading the mode with Power (from the Sword of Rage) awards 2x scoring for each shot during the mode.
Molten Fire (Orange)
Fight the Magma Beast with nothing but steel!
All 7 main shots on the game will start lit. Complete 5 of the shots to end the mode. Shots will disappear once completed.
A KNIGHT letter is awarded after completing the mode. (Is there another?)
Upgrading the mode with Power makes all shots permanent, so you can loop one shot for a fast completion!
Burning Sands (Yellow)
Don’t let fear be your mindkiller as you battle the Sandworm!
A roving set of three shots will move around between the 7 main shots. Shoot one of the three shots to lock in the three-shot set. The other two shots will temporarily hold position until they are completed or they time out. In either case, the roving phase will continue. Collect 9 shots to complete the mode.
KNIGHT letters are awarded at 3 and 9 shots.
Upgrading the mode with Power locks the roving shot phase onto the Ramp, Black Knight Target, and Shield. Bringing in a WAR Hurry-Up with this upgrade can result in some great scores thanks to how the two interact with each other.
Wicked Cavern (Red)
Send Hell Hand back from whence it came!
Shots alternate between two groups: the left group (Spinner lane, Left Orbit, Ramp, Target) and the right group (Target, Shield, Lock Target, Right Orbit). To start, a shot will be randomly lit out of the 4 shots of the left group. Shooting this shot will randomly light one of the 4 shots of the right group. This series repeats four times, with an additional random shot in the group added per cycle. Completing 2 cycles and 4 cycles awards KNIGHT letters.
Upgrading the mode with Power (from the Sword of Rage) changes the mode so that all 4 shots will be lit for all 4 cycles.
Deep Freeze (Blue)
Give the Lich Lords the cold shoulder!
3 shots are lit in blue (left spinner lane, ramp, right orbit). Shooting a blue shot freezes a Lich and turns the shot red. Shooting a red shot awards more points and defeats the Lich at that shot. Once a Lich is defeated, a yellow shot will be lit (left orbit for left spinner lane, Black Knight target for ramp, Lock target for right orbit). Shooting the yellow shot adds a new the Lich so you can beat on them even more!
KNIGHT letters are awarded after the 3rd and 6th defeated Lich.
Upgrading the mode with Power (from the Sword of Rage) changes the mode so that the 6 shots used in the mode all count as one-shot Lich kills.
Black Castle (Purple)
Get ready for battle, here’s the Black Knight!
All shots start lit. Making any shot awards points and turns the shot off. Complete a set of all 7 shots to re-light everything. The mode doesn’t end other than by time or drain, so keep charging away!
No KNIGHT letters or Power bonuses can be collected/used. After playing Black Castle, mode progression resets with the number of hits required to start increased by 1.
This mode will ALWAYS be the last mode played in a cycle. After this mode has been played, you will be able to choose from the other five modes once more.
Other Mode Things
Mode timer is at the top right above the sword and starts at 65 seconds, with the exception of Black Castle at 45 seconds. Time can be added by hitting the Add Time standups on the left (~1 second per target hit).
Prior to starting, the main mode can be changed via either spinner.
Super Modes (Lanes, Slings, Spinner, Orbits, Targets, Pops) are started by hitting a sufficient number of right spinner turns, which then light the Super standup to begin a Super Mode. Currently, there is no way to know which mode you’ll get! Prior to starting a super mode, but it appears that the left lane spinner increases the super mode’s value (?).
Once started, a timer (currently top left display) will tell you how much time is left on the active super mode(s). Orbits + standup can activate subsequent super modes in a stack, which will also reset the timer.
Hitting the left lane saucer will end all active super modes and award a cashout award worth the value of the Super Mode scoring (after playfield multipliers during KNIGHT Multiball are applied.)
Note: The left lane is also the add-a-ball shot during multiball. Choose wisely
Triple Knights Multiball
Hit lock standup to light a lock at the shield lane. Collect the Lock to re-light the target for the next Lock. 3 locks starts Multiball. Triple Knights Multiball works in two phases:
During Phase 1, the three Knights challenge you! Defeat these skeletal knights by shooting the left spinner lane, ramp, and Shield lane. Both the Ramp and Shield will be in their normal “open” configuration.
After completing these 3 shots, the Ramp will be lit to start Phase 2. The Knight’s flail will be spinning rapidly, and can be stopped temporarily by making partial progress on the ramp/hitting the flail ball. Shooting this shot awards a mini-Super Jackpot.
During Phase 2, it’s time to take all the money! All shots will be lit for Jackpots. Complete all of the shots to light the Ramp for a Super Jackpot. Similar to the end of Phase 1, the Phase 2 completion will require a pass-through on the flail, which is only temporarily stopped on a hit. Once the Super Jackpot is collected, a KNIGHT letter is awarded and the Multiball returns to Phase 1 (but with boosted scoring).
Completing the “Add Time” Targets will light the Add-A-Ball on the left spinner lane, which is then collected by a subsequent shot.
For each subsequent Multiball, the number of target hits to light a lock increases by 1.
The Sword of Rage & Power
The sword meter on the right side of the display is filled via right drop target hits and miscellaneous switch hits. Individual targets give a small bump (1%) while, a bank completion gives a decent bump (10%). Once the sword is filled, the POWER target will light on the knight. Starting the POWER feature when lit during a mode will begin 2x Scoring for the mode, along with modifying the mode to make it easier to complete. Note that the Sword CANNOT be used on the Black Knight!
KNIGHT (2 letters spotted at game start) letters are spotted by sufficient mode progression, completing hurryups (1 letter per completed WAR Hurryup sequence), and collecting MB super jackpots.
Completing KNIGHT and shooting the left spinner lane allows you to enter an awesome original BK retro mode multi-ball. During this MB, the playfield is multiplied by the number of active balls, but no mode/Triple Knights Challege progression can be made. Jackpots are lit on various shots throughout the playfield, and are re-lit when a set of Jackpots are complete.
By completing RAGE lanes, the Mystery will be lit at the (raised) shield. Mystery can award the following things:
- 250k/750k/1.5m/2.5m Points
- Hold Bonus (score only)
- Light Lock (advance lock progression by 1 target hit, not a true “light lock.” Will award the lock immediately if 1 hit away from lighting)
- Spot WAR lanes (progression towards WAR hurryups + 1 bonus X)
- Add Bonus X (just 1 bonus X)
- Add KNIGHT Letter
- Light Super (Starts a Super Feature)
- Advance Save (Advances left ball save progression by 1 target set)
- Light Magna Save
- Light Extra Ball
End of Ball Bonus
End of Ball Bonus is split into 3 categories:
- Base Bonus - Switches 'n stuff.
- Super Modes - 25k per Super Mode played during the ball.
- Combos - (value) per Combo scored during the ball.
Bonus can be held via Mystery award, and Bonus X can be advanced by Mystery award or WAR lanes.
Ball Saves & Extra Balls
- Ball Save: Completing the two “Add Time” targets enough times during normal, non-Multiball play will qualify the left outlane for a virtual ball save. The amount of target hits required for this ball save increases every time it is used.
- Magna-Save: Returning from Black Knight 2000 is a Magna-Save feature above the right inlane. Press the action button when the ball is about to drain down the right outlane to save it using a magnet. After the Magna-Save is used, complete the drop targets to relight it. Don’t waste your Magna-Save at the end of a ball, it isn’t Iron Bank or a VIP Pass.
- Extra Balls: Collecting 2 KNIGHT letters (adjustable) will light the right saucer for Extra Ball. Shoot the saucer to collect it. Extra Ball can also be lit as an award off of Mystery.
- Stacking modes with Triple Knights Challenge can be lucrative, especially for Black Castle!
- Chase down KNIGHT letters - the Knight Multiball can is EXTREMELY valuable with Super Modes running.
- Learn to post catch on the right to make the Lock Target easier to hit.
- Try to keep both ball saves lit at all times, or at least the Magna Save. Don’t be afraid to hit the button to use the Magna Save!