World's Worst Scores!

Is 0 points possible without tilting on TWD? I know you can get zero bonus.

I thought you got some points just for going over the upper switch in the shooter lane. 30 points maybe?

no bonus if you don’t collect walkers. I’ve had several zero bonus balls on that game - it goes to the next player so fast it’s humiliating :joy:

1 Like

3 Likes

Man, I haven’t seen a 0 point ball on a modern game since I played that early-code NBA Fastbreak.

2 Likes

How did that happen? Soft plunge to clean drain? I swear that upper shooter lane switch scores something. Maybe it wasn’t working on that machine?

If you can drain and not get the ball back on a soft plunge, why soft plunge?

I don’t know, sorry. It’s the photo from a worst-scores group on Facebook.

I could swear I’ve seen zero-point balls on TWD though. Tough to get out of the bumpers still at zero!

Without some explanation it’s hard to believe both balls were actually played. They both could have been tilted for a goofy photo op.

Possible on Oktoberfest also. Soft plunge to a flipper catch, let the ball saver time out, drain.

It can easily happen on Pinball Magic. Botch the skill shot loop for a center drain. 0 point ball. Not sure if all Capcoms work that way or not…

IF the switch forces valid (no idea if it does or not) and IF it doesn’t score (no idea, but it’s believable because you wouldn’t want anyone to plunge the switch forever even at 30 (or whatever) points a pop), it’s easy to see arriving at a 0-point ball.

I’ll check it later, but I recall it scoring a small value only once, not repeatedly.

I’ve experienced TWDs where a full plunge for a skill shot gets rejected by the gate above the star rollovers. If the pops aren’t lively and the feed out of them is mean, I can imagine a no-ball-save plunge and then drain situation (provided the shooter lane switch doesn’t score anything on the plunge).

1 Like

I was wrong about the shooter lane switch scoring points! Sorry for the pointless discussion. I swear I had a two-digit ball 1 score once, but maybe it was on old code :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

On Munsters, if Munster Madness is qualified (lit at the scoop) at the start of the ball, the playfield is validated as soon as the ball leaves the shooter lane switch. You can short plunge SDTM and score 0 points. Doesn’t matter if the ballsaver is enabled or not. Assuming it was done to discourage running up the playfield multiplier with the kitty shot prior to starting MM.

2 Likes

No fun for you player!

so no ball saver even when on?

No. Did it twice in two games on a game with the ballsaver turned on. Thought the first time was a fluke.

I have gotten really good at doing this on any TWD, and I believe it’s a talent that is not valued enough in the scoring.

2 Likes