When Do Pinburgh Results Get Posted?

Being an event organizer for a big show I have sympathy as it ain’t easy, Reply must be 10x the work of our show so if it takes 60 days then so be it. Just wondering thou on how hard it is to validate the persons name spelling and the IFPA number at the pre-registration desk and registration desk at event. I would add in the initial email that is sent out for competitors and stated that you will need to verify your name spelling and IFPA number upon registration of both Pinburgh and Interglacial tourneys. It may still take the organizers 60 days to submit but at least it takes less effort if everything is validated in advance. If you have ever ran a show the less things you need to do after the show the better as a person needs a good month to destress it takes a lot out of the whole organizing team to run a successful event.

2 Likes

MY GOSH

Yay! This is going to make a ton of people happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

Although intergalactic will need a few tweaks as some names didn’t match up -

And no ties either?

Yeah, intergalactic seems off? Should be a lot of ties.

I think ties were broken by qualifying position.

1 Like

Oh no @mwelsh didn’t get credit for his pinburgh points because he got put in as “Michael welsh” (just me looking through all the unrated players that could be mistakes…)

1 Like

And this is a huge part of the problem.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I was on the waitlist, and it seems like this is the pain point! Possibly my payment information got used as opposed to the information I entered, despite providing my IFPA name and ID both at purchase and upon signing in at the tournament :dizzy_face:

Thanks for the hard work in organizing all the data!

This is frequently a problem when events don’t provide separately for “legal name used on credit cards, etc.” vs. “I go by” player names, or do so but make it difficult or not clear as you go through the sign-up process that you can. Case in point, my casual “Bob” vs. “Robert” on the credit cards; I’ve had several times when I’ve had to correct it on site to prevent issues later. I’ve also gotten, “we don’t have a packet for Bob Matthews” and questions about whether or not I’m registered. They get resolved eventually, but having and using two independent data fields from the get-go avoids the problem.

So for all us “Tom” vs. “Thomas”, “Mike” vs. “Michael”, “Steve” vs. “Stephen” and “Fred” vs. "Frederick"s out there, let’s get everyone to use two fields.

2 Likes

I know of two people that had new ifpa accounts created by playing in Intergalactic using the exact name and spelling of thier old/current account used by Pinburgh event… How does that happen?

1 Like

Level up @ryanwanger !! Well done buddy.

5 Likes

Yep. Used Paypal for pre-registration for the SLAP 100,000 tournament. Ran into Maiden names, etc. I did do the homework before the event to make sure I could eliminate any problems once I submitted the results. Had 93 players at the event. It took a little while but it was a resource that might require someone to kind of know what to look for. Those new players in the top 200 have a high chance of being duplicates. Might have to dig deeper to find those at the lower ranks due to probably a more limited history.

The submission process can lead to tears and recriminations on, like, the simplest things. For example:

If you search for “Amy Covell” it offers you “Amy L. Covell-Murthy.” If you try to submit “Amy Covell” in a tournament it says “Did you mean Amy L. Covell-Murthy” and there used to be a link there to approve it and say yes, that is the Amy I meant, but I guess that link is not a thing anymore?

Even if you have the IFPA number, if the name doesn’t match exactly it throws that (error? question?) And I’m not bringing this up to rag on the IFPA - websiting is HARD - I’m just pointing out that it’s easy to fix for my 16 person league and another ball of wax entirely to do it for a 1000 person tournament and then for a 600 person tournament.

There’s a lot of collaboration that goes in to getting the list to the point where you can get to submission errors, and we super appreciate our friends at the IFPA helping carry the lists over the line.

8 Likes

https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=34625

When will the prize money be distributed?

Who is this new guy Daniele Acciari 35073 Not Rated? Placed well in Intergalactic. Derek Thompson, Ryan O’donnell, Greg Povarelli, and Alek Kaczmarczyk also shown as noted rated. WPRR’s should go up I assume.

Should be a lot of ties based upon strikes format. There were a lot of players exiting each round. Will all of these items eventually get corrected?

As said above, rules stated ties will be broken by qualifying position.

1 Like

Last Thursday

2 Likes

I got knocked out of the 2nd round of B finals and my e-wallet still has $0. Who do I contact about this?