Walking Dead wiki rulesheet

CDC is fun

cdc

cdc2

4 Likes

can you link to a video of a good cdc?

Hereā€™s the best one in competition that I can remember off the top of my head:

1 Like

If youā€™re in Competition Mode, thereā€™s only one MK available: for completing it.
- Starting a multi-kill from the CDC mode can be set to ā€œcomplete
modeā€. This is the default for COMPETITION mode.

2 Likes

Indeed. Nice! Dropping a ridiculous CDC completion shot on your opponents in a match is a sweet feeling.
Did you also capture the details of what comprised the ā€œXā€ shot? I love that detailed feature of TWD. Thank you, Lyman!

This seems about right. And no, I donā€™t believe that after Step 4 (first L ramp in phase 2) that the other shots are even lit for CDC shots anymore. I could be wrong.

1 Like

Anyone know? Apparently, Lyman hinted at this in his Pinball with the Pros video.

I didnā€™t capture the X champ breakdown, but I do really like that feature. Pretty sure it was an 8x shot.

You need to start out with more left ramps for big scores because 3 isnā€™t going to get you very far. If Iā€™m really going for a big CDC Iā€™ll just keep shooting the left ramp as much as possible during the initial mode timer, then add more time via the drops before picking off any red arrows.

What, if anything, does doing >5 do for you?

When any mode is running, shooting a previously played mode shot scores some points AND adds value to the current modeā€™s shots.

For example, if I had already completed CDC, and then I start Tunnel, I can loop the CDC ramp to score 1,250,000 and add 1,250,000 to all Tunnel mode shots.

The exact value varies based on which mode you are playing. I think for CDC the previous mode shots will score and add 500,000?

3 Likes

The key concept here is that each shot to the left ramp is adding 750k to your red arrow value.

So lets say you make 8 left ramps before shooting ANY red arrows. Each arrow will be worth 6M when you shoot it AND adds 6M to the bank for the big collect youā€™re building towards. Pick off all 5 red arrows and they all relight, so you can add more to the bank. Add more time via the drops so you can shoot more arrows and build the X value. If I notice Iā€™m getting close to BB, I will avoid it by repeating the same supply items on the drops because I donā€™t want the multiball to start and cause the inlane X to get wasted. CDC is very much a single ball mode for maximum payoff.

1 Like

Timing the build phase of CDC with a Bicycle Girl start on the Premium helps a ton. At least on my game at home the feed out of the under-shot on the left ramp comes back to a nice drop catch on the right flipper. Bang-bang-bang complete Bicycle Girl and you have a pretty nice stacked deck of shot value across the playfield.

On Proā€™s Iā€™ll usually go ā€œShoot until I missā€ for the build phase, and using that as my moment to move on, rather than trying to force a strong build phase that isnā€™t likely to end well.

If Iā€™m going for a CDC Champ type score definitely play the mode last so you can benefit from all the other mode shots raising your value. I will typically knock it out first on a ā€˜real gameā€™ because you can time it with your Bicycle Girl start easily (on a Premium).

3 Likes

YMMVā€¦ last TWD Prem I played, the Bicycle Girl return was deadly.

Anyone starting a POWER 100 Championship cheat sheet? :wink:

3 Likes

Added some 1.60 Horde info (fight/escape).

Are the ramp post rubbers factory original? On my TWD Pro, the previous owner replaced them with fatter red rubber which made both the barn and riot shots annoyingly tight. I replaced those with Perfect Play (Pinball Life) thin post sleeves, same size as original Stern.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a look tonight. I have a feeling theyā€™re factory original and Iā€™m just not very accurate. I know I checked to make sure the standup target on the right isnā€™t leaning left.

For whatever reason, I feel like itā€™s easier to hit the Riot shot after a left ramp. Itā€™s probably just a mental comfort thing and programming myself to think of it as an AFM ramp/lock combo.

2 Likes

Not a mental thing. The Riot shot is definitely easier on an inlane feed, as the ballā€™s momentum ā€œwidensā€ the shotā€™s sweet spot ever so slightly. Because the ball already has right to left movement, you can shoot a hair earlier and use this momentum to angle the shot into the left wall of the Riot lane without hitting the left stab target. From a cradle with no momentum, the angle is much tighter, since the shot can only be made from a little further down the flipper and youā€™re more likely to hit the ramp post.

This goes for any shot with a guide wallā€¦ Met left ramp, some JM shots, etcā€¦

7 Likes