Twitch/livestream setups.

I have one rifle case and one C-stand case. It fits everything I need except the commentator station, which is its on unit carried as-is (the carry-on is a mobile table when I stream solo on a single game on location).

I have a pretty beefy mixer in my rig that folks are usually gasping at. Hereā€™s a snippet of my praise and the features I use that are especially useful when streaming pinball. Using the Mackie 802VLZ4 audio interface for pinball streaming. Recorded at Raccoon City Pinball. - YouTube

2 Likes

I donā€™t know where else this meme would be understood. Memes aside, where can we source 8020 part numbers besides 8020.net? Iā€™ve seen Amazon have some from questionable sourcesā€¦

Maybe try one of the distributors? We have one here in MN that I thought about buying from. They have some stock of precut lengths it looks like and misc stuff.

https://www.airengr.com/store/8020-Products.html

1 Like

Try tnutz.com

All of the TV rigs I built for INDISC were from tnutz. Much cheaper than 8020, and parts are interchangeable.

2 Likes

Thanks folks, Iā€™ll wait one more week for them to get their thumb out before exploring other options.

They called me back after I tagged them on social media. :roll_eyes: Best they could do was shipping next week. :laughing:

Question on streaming at a location without WiFi/Broadband. What are the best options for a mobile connection and what type of quality can be expected?

Youā€™ll have to talk to your provider. Best to get a good hotspot plan. Tell them the speeds you need and go from there.

having to move to OBS in a hurry owing to another xsplit bug - how are folks changing what the mwelch mod displays, Iā€™m assuming updating the URL?

has anyone made this simpler? :smiley:

Neil

Anyone still using a Nyrius WS55?

I am running into an issue across all cameras that it either displays a black screen or on and off static- Iā€™ve tried different cables, ports and capture devices with no luck.

Thanks!

We use it at league. Works fin with a Panasonic HC-V770 camcorder and a monoprice HDMI splitter. I just got a Hollyland for myself, I havenā€™t put it to test yet, but I surely like the build quality and the fact it comes with a 1/4-20 thread. No more home baked mounts.

2 Likes

Hollylands are sick but I think can only do two at once like the blackbirds.

1 Like

I do 3 hollylands no problem. But I havenā€™t streamed that much really. I think there are actually 6 channels, so that would be the limitā€¦ but donā€™t hold me to that.

I want to love the holly lands but Iā€™ve just had too many wierd issue with them - they use the same band as 2.4Ghz wifi so you get collision detection from wifi and they will jump to other channels without you knowing about it although there is a menu on the device that might have settings to manage that but Iā€™ve not explored that (todays job :D) but annoyingly they donā€™t collision detect each other! During my stream of Inline tournament last week despite only using two holly lands that I set one on a low channel and the other on a high channel they both ended up on channel 8?! and started to interfere with each other. My accsoon was set mid band see below:

Iā€™ve been testing this:

and through a few streams and two tournaments its been bullet proof. It uses both 2.4G and 5G channels for diversity. Downside is it uses Sony batteries and doesnā€™t support USB power but I managed to get a whole day out of one large battery.

But some good news this week from accsoon: They just announced the CINEVIEW HE which has USB-C power but also has USB-C streaming, Meaning you donā€™t need an encoder anymore you plug this into your USB-C port and it looks like a streaming device to OBS. If this works the way I think it is then my MacBook Pro Max will be my new mobile streaming rig again. Iā€™ve got a Cineview on order and will update once it arrives, It has dual band transmission also.

CINEVIEW HE

Neil.

Good to know. Maybe I misunderstood a previous convo with @kdeangelo about them.

yeah so (unsurprisingly) no menu to lock the freq on holly land. I have emailed them and asked if they could consider a weighting option to specific bands.

Neil.

Very new to Twitch/OBS/Streaming, in fact our setup has mainly been put together by volunteers, with little involvement directly from me. My questions is this, we initially setup OBS on a laptop and now we are moving to a tower desktop. Is there an easy way to import all of our current OBS settings into the new PC?

2 Likes

Just adding on that you may want to export both your profile (Proifle->Export) and your scenes (Scenes->Export). The profile will control things like your Twitch stream key and encoding settings. The scenes are your stream layout.

3 Likes