Twitch/livestream setups.

Also,
currently using built in mic on the m200
it does ok for our voice capture but awful on pinball callouts etc vs flipper coil klacking
Want to upgrade to direct audio for the game thru the coindoor/jack option, so I will need another usb port for that…
Also forgot to mention a streamdeck I am using as well…

look at the playfield cam, you can see my webcam under the glass…it does a great job capturing the gauntlet and most of the marvel ramp but i cant get the feed to show up in obs until i disconnect something else
might fool with it again, it shouldnt be a computer power issue
thnks again

1 Like

So you need to make sure you get a 3.0 hub like this.

Then only do two cameras in that. Then obviously use the in laptop camera for the other.

Anker 7-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with 36W Power Adapter and BC 1.2 Charging Port for iPhone 7/6s Plus, iPad Air 2, Galaxy S Series, Note Series, Mac, PC, USB Flash Drives and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014ZQ07NE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_rUvWFb5AWEERH

Make this goes into a 3.0 port

2 Likes

But at the end of the day you are limited by the controllers your computer has. I’m not sure of any other way to increase your usb bandwidth without adding more controllers.

1 Like

Can someone help me with adding Matchplay information to OBS? Even just the standings would be fine I’ve done it before using auto refresh in Chrome and capturing the window in OBS, but to make it readable it has to be huge.

I guess that’s because there is so much space between the player name and the number of points.

I’m was hoping there would be an easy way to do it but can’t figure it out.

Thanks!

1 Like

this way is totally bootleg, but I have used it for years, and have not seen a better way to do it. You could stretch this to 90 players and still get them on the screen legibly. So here goes:

You need to make 2 browser sources for each column of players and points you want (6 total copies of the same browser source if you want 3 columns. Use the copy and paste function within OBS). that is so you can make the score really close to the player’s name. you crop one 1/2 of the column to be the players name, then the second 1/2 of the column to be the points.

The url will be the matchplay live standings page. Also set the browser source to auto refresh when you come back to that scene.

This takes a minute to set up initially, but if you save the scene, all you need to do for future tournaments is change the url for the browser source, and all your copies will update too.

here is what the finished product looks like. I used 900 width and 2250 height to get this result.

You can also use this trick for the final rounds to show all the groups in quarterfinals, semis, and final 4. I make a scene for each round.

Quick Edit. Here is what the scene would look like with 90 players on screen. this tournament only had 76 players, but you get the idea:

4 Likes

Then if you want the matchplay group to be on the OBS scene, I use a display capture and have the matchplay broadcast up on a separate window at all times. then to change the group, go to that window and select a different round and matchup. I tried browser source for this, but it did not work for me especially when I tried to select a different round or group.

1 Like

This really helped me for my tournaments. Thanks Mwelsh!

1 Like

I’ll have to try your way for standings and finals. I wish there was a way to use a hot key for refreshing browser sources

1 Like

No need if you have the auto refresh checked. It works in this application as you’re not using that standings scene all the time.

2 Likes

I’m getting these really weird artifacts on my CX405. If I push on the top or bottom of the micro HDMI cable that goes into the camera I can affect how bad the effect is, and it can get much worse than this.

Has anyone dealt with this and maybe have a solution? It’s easy to say buy a new camera, but I didn’t stream with this one a whole lot and if it’s just going to fail again I don’t see the point. Anyone ever fixed this? Is there a way to beef this port up?

EDIT: Well, I just pulled the camera and plugged it into a TV and it doesn’t give any issues. So, the issue is likely downstream. I’m starting to suspect the capture card. It’s not a name brand, but has also worked fine for almost a year. Might have to give a name brand a try next…

1 Like

Capture device is likely going bad.

1 Like

I was wondering how hard it would be to pull the API from Matchplay for results each round in a tournament (Matchplay/Knockout) and have them come up in an area on obs. The idea is to have the results seen for the other matches. Kinda like if you are watching a football/baseball/basketball game and the scores of other games are shown.

1 Like

I stopped using the Sony 405 camera, for movable streaming rig its too fragile, I just don’t think it was designed to have HDMI plugged in and out of it all the time. I have three of them where it doesn’t recognise anything connected to the HDMI port. The rest of them are in fixed ceiling mount locations where I don’t move them.

Neil.

1 Like

Anything in the same price range you’d recommend that has more robust hdmi ports? I haven’t had a 405 stop working yet, but wouldn’t mind a backup if that happens.

1 Like

well I got a couple of Sony HDR-CX450 in an emergency but they are a little more pricey they +seem+ to be more robust but because of Covid I don’t know if they really are.

On my rig at home I’ve gone Canon M6 Mark II which are nutty expensive but boy do they look good.

1 Like

K thanks. Hopefully prices go back down post covid. I got all my 405s for under $100 each

2 Likes

Yes, the price of cameras is nuts. but I’m glad of my share purchase in Logitech!

2 Likes

Hello, i have a frame rate problem in OBS and i hope you can help me out.

I have a duplicated frame every 23 frames, resulting in slight stuttering.
I checked the recorded videos frame by frame, so i guess it has to do with the camera and OBS setting.
I was able to recreate this issue on 3 different systems (PC and 2 laptops), and two different capture cards.

I’m recording with sony a6400 and a capture card at 1080p 60fps on my laptop.
no lost frames shown in OBS.
Camera settings: 1/125; 120fps, 1080p output
Cam input setting in OBS: 720p 60fps
Encoder: NVIDIA NVNEC H.264 (new) [Geforce 1650ti]

I do not know what else i can do to get a smooth video, anyone have had a similar problem or could tell me the cam/obs setting with an a6400/60fps stream?

1 Like

I would start by changing the camera settings to 1080p 60fps 1/60 - then cam input settings as is.

what other camera/inputs do you have?

1 Like

thank you,
i was able to fix it by setting the encoder to VBR instead of CBR.
May i ask what your settings are for a fluid video?

EDIT: it worked for 2 recording now its the same error again. i dont understand this.
EDIT2: i activated buffering in the camera obs settings and that seems to work for now.

1 Like