Twitch/livestream setups.

Any thoughts on these? Only $160 and says 300 feet. The reviews are positive.

https://www.amazon.com/Micca-Wireless-Extender-Transmitter-Pass-Back/product-reviews/B07N5MLDQN/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_paging_btm_next_2?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=2

They honestly look better built than the Blackbirds too.

no USB in so harder to use truly wirelessly. and 20% of the reviews of it are negative.

DC to USB plugs work pretty well, I use them without any issues. I would say give it a shot given Amazonā€™s return policy. Micca is also known as a solid brand in the budget home audio realm so it might not be that bad.

1 Like

Looking at these nowā€¦did you end up buying them? Looking to add a third transmitter to my set up.

I didnā€™t. Did you? Sorry for the slow response.

Has anyone tried these? https://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-Wireless-Supporting-Transmission/dp/B071VCK1FG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa

They claim to not require a direct line of site and work up to 200 ft! And reasonable price.

I have a new iPhone, a tripod with a phone mount, a decent gaming headset, and a Logitech c920. What kind of streaming should I try to do?

Iā€™ve been trying to research ways to cut down the cost of a mobile rig. Check these out. About half the price of a CamLink:

https://www.amazon.com/Nekteck-Definition-3840x2160-External-Multi-Monitor/dp/B06WWFF1MC/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=camlink&qid=1585853356&sr=8-19&th=1

Has anyone tried these?

Iā€™m definitely not an expert, but I donā€™t think this is a capture device. Simply an adapter that converts usb 3.0 to hdmi.

Ah too bad. I got excited there for a moment.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve been looking around too since during this tough time cam links are hard to find and way too expensive. I havenā€™t seen any suitable replacement outside of the other elgato products that are more expensive.

Has everything gotten more expensive? The only thing out are those rebranded capture cards that donā€™t really produce 1080p/60. They just upscale the 720p footage and it looks like crap.

Seems like camcorders went up in price as well. How much was a CX-405 when everybody was buying them up?

So much for a budget rig. I was hoping to spend some of my government stimulus check on building one after all this blows over (assuming I donā€™t get laid off during this whole coronavirus debacle). I donā€™t want to blow the whole check on a setup though just to cover a few tournaments and league finals each year.

Thereā€™s also a difference in capture devices, some of them do encoding on the device, others use your CPU/GPU to do it. The camlink do NOT do encoding on them, they use your CPU/GPU which is why you canā€™t string a camlink in a long usb cable (it has to be close to your computer). Elgato does sell a Capture HD60 that does the encoding for you which is a nice option for people with less powerful PCs

Thankfully I have a decently powerful laptop. Itā€™s a few years old but it has a Core i5-7300HQ and a built-in GTX 1050, so I havenā€™t had any issues pumping out a good looking stream with one camlink, a Panasonic HC-V180, and a couple of webcams.

The issue for me is mobility. We have locations here with 40+ games, so moving the rig for each game during a finals or something is a major pain and requires tons of editing later.

Itā€™s hard for me to justify dropping $1,000 on equipment, especially right now. The sucky part is that you have to do it all at once.

Used all day last year for under $100 on eBay.

I spent lots on equipment last year.

The C922 that does 60fps 720 is a fairly economical way to scale your pinball streaming, we used 7 of them for SPL finals and they work fine. No need to buy al those full camcorders and capture cards especially since 720p turned sideways is 1280 which is the same as 1080p turned sideways or whatever the math is

Did you pull that off wirelessly? I havenā€™t found a way to send a wireless webcam signal.

We used lots of usb cables, but you could potentially pull it off wirelessly through having a raspberry pi or two take in the webcams, then repeat them out to an rmtp server which you can then pull in to OBS. There would be a few second delay but could possibly work. I think I read somewhere that one pi could handle up to 3 streams at once, but Iā€™d definitely have to test it to see how well it works (if at allā€¦)

yes. BUT all the webcams are on backorder. also doubledā€¦sometimes tripled in price since the outbreak. A way around this. Using ios apps with iphones. NDI connection. There is an OBS ios app out there too.

Whoa thatā€™s insane! Iā€™m glad I grabbed mine when I didā€¦