Twitch/livestream setups.

I had recently purchased it from Amazon, so it is going back for a refund.

1 Like

I have a question about setup for the Sony CX405. The quality I see is good, but seems like it could be better. Are there any settings on the camera itself that are needed in terms of the output? Using Cam Link Capture. In the OBS Properties (attached), I don’t see options for adjusting the FPS to say 60 FPS like the Logitech’s, just “Highest FPS”. Perhaps a step by step process would help.

Thanks to everyone who has posted previously. If made this process much easier than expected.

Auto focus exposure FPS and resolution are all done on the camera itself. Just play around in the menus. I think exposure and focus are in the camera menu. FPS and resolution are in the setup menu within the menu button. Also turn off demo mode and power save mode within that menu too.

2 Likes

Set the camera resolution in the camcorder’s menu to 1080p or 720p (aka turn off auto resolution)

1 Like

An external LED light on the PF or the streamer Pinstadiums make all the difference.

1 Like

Splurged on a black magic 4 HDMI port capture card. I’ll report back with my thoughts. Hoping the load taken off my USB 3.0 controllers will allow me to have more cameras going at once.

2 Likes

Anyone have a good source for a microphone stand? We use this one each week for league to hold the cameras, but I keep blowing out the collar at the bottom. It’s just a cheap design.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000978D58/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Eliminator Lighting E-133 Tripod… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WKW8GW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Overkill but I loved this before my mobile rig was built.

This is a smaller one but very sturdy.

RAM-DG-325, Handmade Damascus… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WKW8EY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I don’t recommend these if the games are super close together.

I like these, they are a little heavier and more expensive but you won’t have problems with them falling over, not being tall enough, being unsteady, not holding position, …

1 Like

Thanks. I was looking at the Pyle and thought it looked pretty sturdy. I’ll give that one a shot.

They’re beasts, and very tall extended. I also like the k&m brand.

It will for sure but in my view the black magic card is a compromise compared to the magewell ones.

Would be interested to know if you get three sets of devices?

Not sure what you mean? I plan to use this for the player playfield score and commentator cams.

I get three devices installed will post up a pic at the weekend

For anyone that’s wants a quick yet effective way to start streaming, I found out all your need is 1 harbor freight strap, 2 webcams (C922x for the 60fps and then whatever you like for the display, and maybe a third camera for yourself), a flat piece of wood, and a few zip ties!

2 Likes

a clamp might be easier to move than the strap

Not sure how you would clamp, there’s not any lip or anything to grab on to, it’s just a flat rectangle. The idea with this is you wouldn’t need to move it, you’d just have these set up on each of your games, and then just plug in the usb cables as necessary.

Gonna try it out at the next tournament I run (Time-Attack!) so we’ll see how it holds up

next to the keyhole on the backbox

lots of shaking on the video when people nudge but i assume it could be part of the “immersion” factor :smiley:

I don’t know, surprisingly my overhead rig doesn’t shake too much and settles very quickly for the really heavy shoves, plus has the advantage of the camera staying in place for slide saves. But the strap is way cheaper.

1 Like