Twitch/livestream setups.

I have been using ones I bought at Best Buy for my cameras.

Working well I assume? Running more than two at once?

Yes I am running 3. No issues. I believe spraynard tried them but didnā€™t have good luck with them.

Most of the rigs folks are running on USB battery packs. Challenge (only once really!) Iā€™ve found is topping the power up whilst broadcasting and there are some big lithium packs that can run a lot of them and be charged in situ. Weā€™re thinking of getting one to do a pinball in the street event to promote our pinball club.

Looks like monoprice has a new wireless hdmi product. Anyone know if this could be used in tandem with the other monoprice blackbirds?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=30915

Just getting started and have been reviewing this thread in detail. Working on adding my newly purchased CX405 to my setup. This appears to be my issue, cannot get the Sony cam to come up in OBS. I have the Elgato Cam Link capture device with micro HDMI to HDMI cable. The light does come on the Cam Link when inserted, but other than that I donā€™t see that it is recognized. I downloaded the Game Capture Device Software, but it also is not recognizing a signal, ā€œNo Capture Devices Foundā€. Verified in Device Manager that I have USB 3.0 as all of the USB controllers reference 3.0. Any thoughts/suggestions? Could I have a bad Cam Link? I did verify I have HDMI output by connecting to my TV. Thanks.

Try a different micro hdmi to hdmi cable. Some of them are junk.

Even though I got a good connection on the micro hdmi to hdmi on my TV, the cable could be bad? This is what I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/BlueRigger-Speed-MicroBlueRigger-Micro-Ethernet/dp/B00609B3J2

Does the Cam Link show up on your disk drive like a jump drive would show up as a local disk? I just donā€™t see any evidence that it is recognized.

Thanks chuckwurt.

Is the light solid or blinking on the cam link?

And yes no matter what else youā€™ve used the micro hdmi to hdmi cable for and tested working, it can be bad. Iā€™ve had multiple brands fail after theyā€™ve worked for a while. Always have extras is my recommendation.

Get into OBS and see if the cam link comes up in the source drop down. Make sure nothing is plugged into that usb controller but the cam link. Try multiple ports.

1 Like

Cam Link does not come up in the source drop down, just the laptop web cam.

When I plug in the Cam Link without cable, it blinks about three times and then goes dark. With the micro hdmi to hdmi cable connected and camera on, it blinks about three times then lights solidly.

sounds like a dead capture device.

If the light goes solid then itā€™s on and working. If after that point it doesnā€™t come up on your computer as a selectable source, not sure what the issue is. It should show up at that point.

Iā€™m considering a setup for my basement. Not really for streaming over the Internet, but just in the basement. Iā€™ll have (if I ever finish the damn thing) 5 TVs. It would be neat to have a rig I could move from game to game and display on the TVs. However, I wouldnā€™t be able to run an HDMI cable from the rig to the HDMI matrix that feeds the TVs.

Iā€™ve seen HDMI transmitters, but it looks like they just go HDMI to HDMI. Is there anything that would allow me to plug the USB cameras in on the rig side and then wirelessly transmit that to a computer next to the AV matrix in the closet? Then I can send the video from the computer right to the matrix.

Picam might be a good setup for what you are describing. If you are not too worried about latency and are just using Logitech camera.

Thats pretty much what I have at the Domino Arcade.

1: TNA, DI, MMR, AFMR, MMR- have direct output DMD to HDMI and a camera installed above them and I can switch to those views even when not streaming - I ran HDMI cabling for this. Wireless for multiple cameras is doable but expensive if you want a lot of channels, you need to go pro. What I really want is a box camera that does Video over IP at 1080p/60 but there isnā€™t anything like that on the market (PTZ Optics come close but /30).
2: All Stern LCD games connected to matrix
3: Karl-Phil-Rig to move to other games.
4 (coming soon ColorDMD to HDMI direct out which will pick up most of my other games except BoP and Meteor).

I then have two PTZ cameras for grabbing the people view.

It was non-trivial to do this and using USB will make it a lot harder and I wouldnā€™t recommend it but it will work you have patience.

Neil.

Iā€™m going to be updating it shortly for the latest version of Raspian. Iā€™ve been a bit sidetracked lately and need to see if anything useful has been added to OBS too.

1 Like

Yea, if it doesnā€™t show up in the Game Capture software, not sure what the deal is. Even if it were in a USB 2 port or there was no signal, the Game Capture software would at least show the device name and display an error message.

First Iā€™d try different USB ports on your laptop. If that doesnā€™t work, Iā€™d try it on another PC to verify if the device itself is busted or not.

edit: With the CamLink plugged in, you can check in Device Manager (Windows Key + Pause/Break -> Device Manager) to see if it appears in there. It may appear in there with an exclamation point, possibly as an unknown capture device, in which case hopefully it gives you more info and/or you can try reinstalling the drivers.

I have a lightly used Xenyx Q802USB Mixer for sale if anyone is interested. Great if youā€™re ready to take the plunge into the wonderful world of headset mics. This one only supports two, otherwise it works great.

2 Likes

Replaced with new Cam Link and am now up and running. Thanks for everyoneā€™s input. Had a bad capture device.

That sucks. How old was it?