Twitch/livestream setups.

Go into Menu->Setup->HDMI Resolution and set it to 720p or 1080p.

4 Likes

Thanks Karl.

That was me, I was trying to help you but you guys ignored me.

2 Likes

I wasn’t ignoring you. I just didn’t know how to fix the problem mid stream.
Appreciate you pointing it out.

excellent wireless sound solution, uses USB-C for power and you can connect an external mic…

in case anyone’s curious about interlacing, this is a good overview. https://video.ibm.com/blog/streaming-video-tips/interlaced-video-deinterlacing-for-streaming/

PapaTV has been having the same issue on some streams recently.

It can be hard to identify on pinball streams, since it’s more obvious on large objects in horizontal motion.

2 Likes

Anyone have any issues with a computer suddenly not wanting to use multiple cameras at the same time? I use one of my old Asus laptops to display three 920’s on TVs in the bar where we play. No capturing, or streaming, just a local “pass through” for lack of a better term.

All of a sudden the machine has issues with 3 cameras. I can run 2 without issue, but the 3rd never initializes and powers up. I’ve tried everything. Removing the cameras, deleting the driver and rebooting. Swapping cameras, USB cables, etc.

Sometimes it’s Camera A that won’t initialize and other times it’s Camera C that won’t. One time it’s the camera associated with USB cable A and other times it’s that same camera with a different USB cable.

The only possible reason I can even fathom is that the USB bus for some reason isn’t able to power all three anymore. But that really doesn’t make sense to me.

My last resort was ordering a powered USB hub from Amazon to see if that resolves the issue.

I think the usb controller has too much on it. Try reducing the resolution of all cameras a bunch and see if that allows them all to work at once. That will confirm this.

I’m not sure if a hub will help with bandwidth, just increase the number of ports.

2 Likes

I agree. I was having problems with my laptop once I started running 3 camcorder cameras. I ended up getting a beefy desktop computer.

The part that completely confuses me, is that it has worked fine for 12+ months. I didn’t see it as a bandwidth issue, but more of a power distribution issue.

Welcome to the party! Haha. Every time I think I have webcams figured, they screw up.

Do all three show up in your drop down menu as selectable sources in OBS or whatever you’re using?

1 Like

Not to take anything away for the famous (and improved) “Karl rig”.

But check out what Swedish legend INK and friends build a while ago. The first two photos are from the Swedish championship in 2016.

At Pinburgh, was PAPA TV using a Karl rig with onboard UPS? makes some good sense if you can setup a few extension cords to power the UPS, i.e. unplug when moving the rig, plug back in once at your next game. A basic UPS under the load of transmitters and cameras should give you ~10 minutes between unplugging and plugging back in. Trade off is a couple extra things to do when moving the rig, in exchange for not having to worry about running out of battery.

Can anyone help me understand how to generate an on screen graphic with a “Now playing” animation? I’ve been trying to look around for a while and haven’t really found much info.

I’m using OBS/SLOBS. Any help would be super appreciated.

In a nutshell, you would have to make the animation in something like adobe aftereffects, then play it as a video in OBS and set it to loop.

1 Like

Thanks! Guess it’s time to learn some AE!

You could also do a browser plugin and do that as an overlay. Then it’s just write a webpage basically that does what you want.

1 Like

For those that use Stream Deck, have you been able to get the /marker command to work? We use OBS.

I’ve tried assigning it in two ways - using the Marker command under Twitch as well as Chat Message set to ‘/marker.’ In both cases the button shows the green checkmark when pressed but I get no response in chat nor marker on the video.

Stream Deck software is up-to-date (4.3.2.11299). The marker command does work for me when I manually type in chat as well as from the Twitch dashboard marker panel.

I have a set of monoprice wireless HDMI transmitters. I only used them a few times. Looks like they go for about $160. I would sell mine for $100 OBO.
I will be at expo in Chicago if anyone want me to deliver them there. If you are interested please send me a pm. Thanks. Tom

Did you upgrade? Curious minds want to know. Haha

1 Like