Twitch/livestream setups.

Probably fine. I haven’t looked into this at all and I have a Q802 anyway.

This is great advice as in the thread and others I have seen many fretting over USB hubs so was going to add a 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card (http://a.co/79aqIaW)

Thanks for this… but it looks like its cheaper to add the number of USB 3 Ports with a PCI to USB 3.0 Expansion Card (link above)

Thanks I missed this…

On the Audio question :
Great info on the TNA Audio via HDMI… Do you know if the AFMr with LCD’s are the same?

I am going to buy an entry level mixer Behringer Xenyx Q502USB and see how I go.

This is what my setup does. I have like 8 3.0 ports on my machine. No issues with bandwidth so far.

I’m going to be moving some of my older broadcast equipment if anyone here is interested in any of it. This is just the start, more to come I’m sure. These are pinball-people prices and include shipping. Trying to avoid ebay if at all possible.

1x Canon Vixia HF R800 - $140 (This camcorder has, IMO, better picture quality than both Sony/Panasonic BUT it doesn't retain any manual settings when powering it off. Drives me NUTS!) 4x 3x Panasonic HC-V250 - $75 each 9x Xaomi Yi Action Cam - $40 each 1x Elgato HD60 Pro, PCI-E - $120 1x Avermedia Livegame HD 2, PCI-E - $150 3x Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD PCI-E - $50 each

Last call for equipment is on Thursday, March 29. It goes on Ebay on the 30th. Moved to ebay…

4 Likes

Karl, I ended up buying 2 X Elgato Cam Links HDMI capture cards… and was thinking of getting one of your Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD PCI-E cards and wanted to know if thought they would “play nice” with the Elgato Cam Links?

Does it matter to mix manufacturers?

What do you think is the main advantages of the Avermedia ‘Livegame HD 2’ vs the ‘Game Broadcaster HD’ to justify the price differential?

Same question really for Elgato ‘HD60 Pro’ vs ‘Cam Links’ ?

Thanks…

I’ve mixed plenty of times. The only one I had trouble mixing with was the HD60 Pro while on a Ryzen-based system. Elgato’s drivers suck.

The Avermedia Livegamer HD 2 will capture 1080p60 whereas the Game Broadcaster HD (c127) only does 1080p30 maximum.

Elgato HD60 Pro and Cam Links both do 1080p60. Personally I prefer to use the internal cards where at all possible. Have plenty of other stuff running off of USB.

Heads up: Stream Deck for $99.99 on Amazon, today only for 15 more hours after this post. This thing was well worth the money for me and has helped tremendously in making my setup more user friendly. Allows me to give a quick 1-2 minute rundown on how to operate everything.

1 Like

Ooh nice! Any idea how to get that to work with an HDMI switcher with a serial port? Can you tie the scenes to both switch the OBS scene and send a signal to the box?

1 Like

I create batch files to switch my Monoprice 8x1 switcher (via serial) then use the stream deck to execute those files. Two button presses for me, one for the hdmi switch and the other for the scene. Don’t know how OBS handles things but I wouldn’t think you’d want to switch to the scene immediately anyways since the hdmi handshake process can take a few moments.

1 Like

I wrote a little app here that lets me switch signals with a hotkey:

MonopriceHdmiController

I set the hotkeys in the app to match my scene hotkeys in OBS. I use a video stinger transition in OBS to hide the signal switch (press stream deck button, video fades in, HDMI signal changes, video covers screen for a few seconds, video fades out).

3 Likes

Has anyone put in serious experiments into working with IP (network based) cameras instead of HDMI? Seems like the main issue would be playfield camera, but a cheaper version (without having surveillance in mind) of Axis Q1615 Mk II (check out the “live profile” in their demo video) could be perfect.

@mwelsh mentioned he used GIT2 Pro, which sorta does it (but over wifi which has less bandwidth and not salable), anyone else?

Edit: Also, has anyone attempted to mount the setup (dmd, playfield cameras) on an active gimbal stabilizer attached directly to the machine?

2 Likes

This has been on my to-do list for a while.

I have a few of these guys collecting dust on my bench right now: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1280-720P-1-0MP-mini-IP-Camera-ONVIF-2-0-2-8-12mm-manual-varifocal-zoom/2019281843.html

I have both a 1080p and 720p, but have only really messed with the 720p so far, and while it works well, the firmware is a little shady. I’ll wander over to the shop this weekend and see if I can put together some sample video (unfortunately no pins on hand to demo with).

2 Likes

A friend tried using a raspberry pi with the v2 camera module. It worked but, the image was to dark to be usable in a real environment. I think that IP cameras would be ideal for a tournament setup but we, couldn’t find any for a reasonable price. You can add a usb cam to a raspberry pi but that wasn’t cost effective for what we were doing.

That looks promising, seems to be limited to 25fps, unfortunately. If something like this exists at 60 or 120fps, that would be KILLER.

Is there an easy way to get direct audio out on dmd games?

1 Like

Hey guys, I have tried the usual selling channels with no luck, maybe someone here is interested:

I have a new without original packing. Bought this a few days ago to test it with my new rig but at the end it was not needed and (dumb me) I trashed the box. Again, item is new without its original box. Manual and software can be downloaded free from ElGato’s website.
Price: $140 Shipped.
Thanks!

The following should work for any game where speakers are connected in parallel (which is true for my WPT).

You could “splice” in a cable with 3.5mm plug to connect to line-in on a PC. The splicing is done on the audio+ and audio- wires that connect to speaker+ and speaker-. Line-in has impedance of 10kohm which should be minimal enough that the lowered impedance shouldn’t smoke the amp, as long as you connect the channel(s) (mono or stereo doesn’t matter) on the cable in parallel.

I haven’t done this, so no guarantees.

More expensive: Pinsound has line-out on their boards.

1 Like

Stumbled on this great tutorial post on pinside. Some great advice all around, but I personally found the stuff on lighting to be very informative. Note the OPs name is lethalfrag, who is apparently insanely popular on twitch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-recordingstreaming-tutorial

3 Likes

The audio issues can be addressed using this stuff in newer versions of OBS. This would let you have a direct output from the game or audio from a mic’d game, plus a headset mic. When you talk into the headset mic the game audio will be automatically lowered so people can hear what you are saying. You’d still need to dial in how much reduction, how fast its applied and how long it remains after you are done talking. You might need to use a gate on the mic channel to avoid things like pops, flipper coils, game sounds etc triggering the compressor.

4 Likes