Twitch/livestream setups.

That is an excellent point. If you want an absolute bullet proof 3 x 1080p60 setup, future proof to boot, this is the ticket.

I am intrigued by the added distance. But I would need to learn this multiview stuff to make it make sense money wise. Might look into it after Pincinnati.

I need to be able to take the rig from the main tournament area to a room down the hall around the corner that I would say is about 500ā€™ from the stream desk.

for sure, next big points is the priceā€¦ and availability? :slight_smile:

Ya, odd

hi there, took me a few hours but iā€™ve read through this forum and have

hi there took me a few hours but i have read through this super helpful forum. I recognize many of you as my fav streams to watch. thank you i know how time consuming and expensive it can be to be dedicated to the streaming passion projects.
I have recently started streaming with a beautiful borrowed setup and am now piecing together my own.
I will make the wireles rig (Karl one) and run thisā€¦
3 sony ZV-E10ā€™s
gopro
battery packs
Accsoon cineview HE (3 of them)
rodecaster pro
and a touch screen
all through OBS
I feel like i have most things sorta figured out- but my question is about what do i need for a computer. I am a lifelong Mac user (donā€™t hate on me hah) and have NO IDEA what to buy and i get different opinions from friends but would love to hear specifically from pinball streamers. Especially cause Iā€™m trying to save a few bucks and buy used if i can. I think a tower is what is best for my permanent set up in a booth.
I know i need as many HDMI ports as i can get and I need a Elgato cam link pro.
no clue on gaming cards, processor, blah, blah, windows extra blah.
What do i have to have to run things smoothly. (Iā€™m in canada if you are linking things)
Thanks in advance for any input.

Just make sure it has a big hard drive, recent processor, and a decent to good video card. Lots of usb 3.0 ports and a Magewell quad capture card.

Avoid any usb capture devices.

1 Like

Iā€™ve switched to 100% MacBook Pro from a gaming laptop this year. Itā€™s challenging in the sense that everything has to run very efficient and optimized. An example would be that you have to refrain from having a 4K canvas in OBS and flick on lanczos scale filtering for shits and giggles as your laptop will die and your stream will suffer. A gaming laptop with an NVidia chip itā€™s unnoticeable and you can have far more outputs (for local program display) on a gaming laptop than a MBP too. I usually donā€™t recommend Mac to other streamers but I want to point out that itā€™s totally doable.

GoProā€™s are a PITA to deal with in live broadcasting, very picky about continuous power USB cables and voltages, you have to fiddle with the camera every time you turn it on to switch of the HDMI output overlays. Older models only do 1080p60 with double frames. I think GoPro 11 and onward are ok.

Iā€™ve also moved away from the conventional 3 x Accsoons and switched entirely to NDI when doing tournament streams, but a Magewell Quad in a Thunderbolt enclosure is the bullet proof HDMI capture solution for your 3 cameras on the rig and the broadcast hosting talent.

All i found so far:
ā€œThe CIneView Master 4K retails for $849 USD and will ship in Q3, 2024.ā€

Accsoon CineView Master 4K Wireless System First Look IBC 2024 - Newsshooter

Thank you for the input. Iā€™ll ditch my old GoPro and get another Sony.
Whatā€™s does NDI mean? Iā€™ve already ordered the 3 x Accsoon cineviewsā€¦but Iā€™m happy to send them right back if thereā€™s a ā€œbetter/easierā€ wayā€¦again, Iā€™m super basic on the tech knowledge so simplicity of use and reliability is important to me.

NDI is an industry standard for putting video and audio feeds on a standard network. I would argue itā€™s ā€œbetterā€ than using Accoonā€™s that were designed for monitoring, not broadcasting. The 3 x Accsoon solution is the norm for pinball tournament streaming (easy) and Iā€™m just defiant by nature and does things differently by default. In other words, donā€™t take advice from me (at least on this subject) and I think most folks on this thread would agree. :slight_smile:

If you are using NDI I strongly recommend you take your own network with you.

Typically local networks canā€™t cope with it, and if you have multple NDI flows it can be challenging for alot of PC hardware.

Iā€™m probably going a slightly different way with 1080p/60 with HDR. 4K gets amazingly challenging pretty quickly and I think the resolution benefits for the stuff I stream are limited.

Neil

Iā€™d be slightly skeptical of the range noted here. In the specs it pretty much says it needs LOS. 5 and 6GHz is not going through anything thick. But having another band in an open wide event room is definately welcome.

Yes and yes. I bring my own mesh and run a single NDI feed on that. Depending on the distance and air quality the resolution and compression can be set dynamically on the NDI encoder on the rig.