Twitch/livestream setups.

Checkout the gl.inet stuff. I’ve used some of their travel routers and have a Spitz to play with once I finally start getting out to stream on location.

I had some time to play around more with my Pi setup and added ntp sync which I think is pretty decent. Looks like I’m within a frame or two between all of them, along with the remote audio.

1 Like

So tiny! I question the range and throughput on that thing though.

My bad, it’s the Spitz AX I got which has fancier antenna. Hopefully I’ll get out in the next couple weeks to test it outside of my house.

This sort of worked with DaVinci Resolve too, but a 10 minute clip was just around 900MB. It looks pretty decent though and it got processed instantly.

I recently invested in an Atomos Ninja (it’s a 4K external recorder) and put that on the loop out of my capture card. This gives you the ability to recompose the entire production and publish a 4K version of something you’ve streamed. This is of course a lot more finicky than just “Export” from Twitch but it looks hella nicer when you blow it up on a 4K display.

Does anyone care is my real question here I suppose?

Twitch “Export”: https://youtu.be/dPloJIP_ssA

Recomposed with DaVinci Resolve: https://youtu.be/dCHt7lO8S1w

1 Like

Getting a few cameras ready for next weeks big tournament… :wink:

1 Like

Single handedly bought out the stock of camcorders didn’t you? Or multiple stocks.

Nice. Can’t wait to watch.

Purchased throughout the years via ebay. :slight_smile: Not the worst and not the best, but for the price they can’t be beat.

There is a level of coolness about that. :slight_smile: Congratulations. :partying_face:

I need to see the computer. Or computers I guess. Haha

I’ll try to take more BTS video and pictures of the setup. It seems to get crazier and crazier every year.

Here are the three racked 16x1 HDMI Switches that all the cameras, DMD Extenders and SPIKE Capture HDMI goes to.

From there 3 HDMI, 1 USB Cable head back to the PC. +USB are for the serial adapters to control the switches remotely.

PC is a higher end gaming rig with one 4-HDMI Cam Link Pro capture card and another standard pro for a 5th input.

Semi automated at this point with some Stream Deck programming, etc.

So far I’m pretty happy with it. :+1:

1 Like

wow that’s wild look forward to seeing it in action

I’ve wanted to try this for a bit, but here are a couple videos showing the differences in various fps and shutter speeds in a side by side. I recommend slowing the speed down to 0.5 or 0.25 in the settings to really notice the difference in motion blur.

60fps 1/120/125 vs 1/60s differences. The first minute is 1/120 vs 1/125 (the Sony doesn’t do 1/120 but close enough). The rest of it is 1/60s on the left and 1/125s on the right.

30fps 1/60s shutter left vs 60fps 1/125s shutter right.

I’ve noticed if the camera is anything higher than 1/60 you get the weird sweeping of the playfield insert lights. So I’ve kept ours at 1/60.

1 Like

If you want to do shutter speed > fps you have to bring more light in to compensate for that. The lighting situation here is of course less ideal as I thought we were looking at the GZ 70th initially. Looks like really good cameras otherwise and I can’t imagine how that would pop when they actually have light to gobble.

Anecdotally we’ve been showing the program locally at the arcade on a 2160p30 display for the last two years or so. No one has ever said anything about that being 30fps. I recently switched the display to 1080p60. No one noticed anything or have said anything.

1 Like

Actually the lighting was relatively OK, I applied a teal and orange LUT (I think it’s stock for OBS) to try and match the two colors and it sort of mutes things a bit. There is a “red isolated one” I thought about using to really give that 70th feel but I think it’s a bit too aggressive. I also adjusted the ISO when adjusting the shutter to compensate for exposure, so no unfair advantages there. Both cameras were set to fixed shutter and ISO.

I think some of the older issues with doing 30fps streams stemmed from using webcams or other devices that had dynamic exposure and weren’t providing a true 30fps. There is a noticeable difference in blur but a solid 30fps is still fine IMO. I do think I like the 60fps 1/60s shutter best though to give just a little blur.

Can anyone smarter than me with custom CSS figure out how to set the matchplay projector colors to more of a dark mode? Or has someone already figured this out?

What do you mean by projector? Broadcast view or big screen view?

1 Like

Big screen view, sorry. We have broadcast view running in dark mode and it would be nice to match that without changing everything to dark mode as the same account is used to display big screen view on TVs that are much easier to read as a white background with black text.

Example of our stream: https://youtu.be/8dncfHRrsAI

We still have a few small issues to get past but it’s early days

1 Like