Twitch/livestream setups.

Ok - not a great starting point. I didn’t mention in the video that these are very plasticky and way lighter than accsoon - not cheap but not as solid as Accsoon.

Plug them into the port the accsoon using on battery fan noise nothing else. Plug them into a USB-PD port and they both boot up… 9.7v and 8.1W

Firstly you have to activate them with a DJI app (I have this as I have a Ronin gimble) it then prompts to update them - probably better than updating accsoon but not a great start. It logs the ownership to your DJI account.

Finally get them talking to each other pretty easy but whats that noise - fans very noticeable. DJI always seem to do this on first run products.

The UI on the device is very good - colour OLED touch screen - like acceoon you can use your phone to login in and see whats going on and adjust settings etc. Also if you take it off auto it has a red amber green system on what channels are good to use or not.

Tomorrow I’m going to put them on the loop through of the playfield camera on my rig - streaming around 5pm Uk time.

Right now though - I’m not feeling it compared to Accsoon other than the UI - PD power could be fatal for pinball setup.

Yep, I have concerns too. Knowing that NDI gobbles 250Mbit/s at 2160p60 on default settings with compression artifacts I’m interested to know how Accsoon performs with their proprietary solution. Their 1080p60 solution produce terrible artifacts in certain conditions.

Can you give us a sample of your playfield cam in 1920x1080 horizontal?

At the beginning of this year, Twitch announced “enhanced broadcasting” which allows for sending multiple client-side encodes:

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/multiple-encodes?language=en_US

This allows providing multiple encodes at different qualities from your local PC, instead of relying on Twitch to provide you with transcodes. This may be worth experimenting for those of you with beefy rigs – but also this will eventually lead to official 4k and HEVC/AV1 support, while still supporting older devices with the lower quality encodes. That’s all still locked away in private beta and won’t have widespread rollout for a long time while all the devices catch up, but worth keeping an eye on.

1 Like

So just uploading a 30 minute test video. Hard to tell any difference between Accsoon and DJI, out of the box settings on the DJI - it does have a low latency mode that I’ll have a play with over the weekend. (I did spend 30 minutes wondering why the DJI system didn’t work because I had TX and RX the wrong way round! LOL).

Just to note I had no lights just some Room ambient light.

Accsoon remains on top still. Look at the artifacts on the sideartblades next to the pop bumpers, the DJI is struggling quite a bit. Also, when you play a game you get “compression haze” all over the place. Nice try by DJI though.

Interesting. Frame peaking I noticed some duplicate frames from the Accsoon. Maybe that’s just a YouTube/encoding glitch though.

Most likely from OBS I took Karl’s idea and changed the format for 4k to the youtube format but its clear OBS performance suffers.

You are right after watching it on something bigger the Accsoon seems to be the better of the two by some margin (idnonly really looked on my phone) but I have fed the video back to DJI with some feedback - this is newish product and I expect them to dial it up.

I did a regular stream with the DJI as playfield cam to twitch ill publish it tomorrow

Good deal. Picture quality is just one part of the equation. Price, range, power draw, form factor etc are also taken into consideration. Being able to dial the soft settings as a consumer would be ideal. Short range in exchange for higher bitrate and more power draw.

Maybe tell our mate at DJI to offer them in 3-packs at a discount for a certain targeted group. :wink:

1 Like

Upsides: light/small UI - seems to work.
Downsides: needs PD power, fan noise, PQ

Normally DJI stuff has epic PQ.

UI is excellent with it telling you what channels to avoid but the PD power is the deal breaker for me - that could change if they improve the PQ but I don’t seen it getting much better than Accsoon.

Neil

How the heck do you know the PQ on these things you nerd? :smiley: The fan noise is real Debbie Downer and I remember Hollyland had that as well. Every power bank under the sun does USB-PD today so I’m not sure why that would be a concern.

I have a lot of legacy batteries and many banks have only one PD port. You’re probably right its not a huge dealbreaker but its limiting.

Just got back from Pinburgh and have fallen slightly in love with the telestrator setup that Karl was using. I believe it was a touchscreen monitor similar to this one and then an OBS plugin for a whiteboard canvas overlaid on the scene. I also liked the foot pedal to clear the screen, but it might not work in my situation so I can find a way around that.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations on the OBS plugin to use for this?

Do you have a stream deck? Map one of those keys to clear the whiteboard or just designate a key on your keyboard to clear the whiteboard. Or you can get the stream deck app on your phone and have a key for clearing the whiteboard there.

2 Likes

I do, and that was the plan – I assume whatever OBS plugin/additional app will have a keystroke command I can bind on the deck. I’m just not sure what people are using for the plugin / application.

I see. I can’t remember the name of the plugin I have. I’ll try and dig it up. Allows you to pick the color and thickness of the lines you’re drawing.

I always thought that was a commercial grade telestrator. :slight_smile:

This is the Windows plugin most folks are using: OBS Lua - Whiteboard Source (Windows only) | OBS Forums

I’m using this one (which I think is platform independent as I use it on Mac just fine): GitHub - BlankSourceCode/WebRTC-Telestrator: A remote telestrator app using WebRTC

This is the touch screen I’ve been using: ViewSonic TD1655 16” Touch Portable Monitor - ViewSonic Global

As FYI I’m working on a new solution (based on WebRTC) that doesn’t interfere with the pointer focus or steal any resources from the streaming computer. I’ll type up my hack in a couple of weeks if I get it to work. :wink:

2 Likes

look for dell used touch screens, I picked up 2 super cheap.

My Frankenstreamer project RigC is starting to see some legs. I found a more reliable remote serial interface that I used during CAX and it didn’t have any issues at all.

If anyone know of any small form-factor WiFi 6E bridge that runs on 12V, I’m all ears. The TP-Link AX55 Pro I use now has the juice but the range at 550Mbit/s is not what I had hoped.

Here’s a cut from from today’s stream showing some of the advantages of using 4K cameras in single scene setups with RigC.

1 Like