Twitch/livestream setups.

As I predicted… I wonder what the price point on this will be.

Do any streaming services allow 4k yet?

YouTube does technically, but this 2160p60 capability is mainly for multiviewer users which allows four 1080p60 cameras on the rig to use a single TX/RX pair. TeraDek charges $6,500 for theirs (their previous gen is half off but uses ancient technology) so if Accsoon can bring this new one around the same price of four RX/TX pairs, we have a winner.

1 Like

While patrolling the news today I also saw DJI entering this market. This is a direct competitor to Accsoon (DJI SDR is $549 at B&H). I really like the form factor.

Pretty slick showcase to be fair:

Edit (WTF?):

1 Like

Uh ya, I don’t think I believe that marketing.

Those transmitters are easily 10k feet apart in that picture. Haha

DJI have been in this space through their drones but they actually had a proprietary receiver from their drones and I kinda expect them to come into this space.

I suspect it won’t be quite as good but as the brochure but as user of their high end drones for live shooting they go very far and the quality is outstanding.

I work with DJI and I’ve been hassling them to get a loan of a kit. I expect it won’t be cheap.

I could do 4K now but the agro of it isn’t worth it.

I just whinged at my DJI contact and he is sending me a SDR unit this week!!!

you actually used to be able to stream to YouTube at 4K a while ago but at some point the limited streaming to 1440p

I don’t see 4K live streaming right now being worth the effort, given the amount of bandwidth needed but recording in 4K for VOD use is worthwhile, I’ve uploaded a few 4K Videos and I know Karl has done a few also. YT took days to encode a 8 hour stream recording for me.

I’ve found the way around the YT encodes for 4k is to export them from Premiere with the YouTube 2160p/4k preset. Takes no time at all then, outside of the massive upload time.

2 Likes

YT took days to process a 10 minute 4K clip for me, so there that too for sure. :slight_smile:

The Accsoon 4K capability is not about streaming a 4K canvas from OBS to streaming services, but getting 4K worth of content from the rig to OBS in one TX/RX solution.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the review. I was thinking about getting a pair just to kick the tires.

Looking for input on a cost effective playfield camera with zoom for a new/part-time streamer. I upgraded from my Logitech 920 to a Kylo Razer but I feel like it makes the playfield look so far away.

Depends on what’s cost effective to you. Could get a camcorder for 100-200 and a capture device for another 100 or so.

100% move away from USB and to HDMI. Cx405 or the better 625 (can do audio and powers off properly although I have 5 405s that have been powered up almost non stop for 5 years!).

Then personally I’d go avermedia for hdmi encoding or streamer X from rode and you get a mini mixer for audio too.

Yeah I but I suspect that isn’t so straight forward also - I’m keen to see how accsoon use the bands to make the payload work on 2.4G and 5G and how the compression works. Good to have a low cost 4k option irrespective.

Adjust the FoV setting. By default I’m going to guess it defaults to the widest setting. It also can zoom with the software settings. Which version do you have? I run both the Pro (player) and Pro Ultra (playfield) in my setup with a Brio on the backglass.

it arrived, going to test tonight

1 Like

@chuckwurt Thank you sir for the help. Is the capture card what is needed to get the camera signal to the laptop to make it work with OBS?

Yep. It converts the HDMi signal to whatever is needed to have it show up in obs like a webcam.