TPF 2019 Tourney: Announcements

I’m hoping 77 drop out lol

3 Likes

Going to highlight some of the updates that we’ve been announcing:
First… Addition of the Texas Takedown: Women’s Pinball Championship tournament

We’re excited to announce the first ever Texas Takedown: Women’s Pinball Championship tournament! The tourney will take place on Sunday March 24, 2019. This tournament is open to all female attendees of TPF. This is a SEPARATE event from the women’s division finals of the Wizards tournament. You do not have to play in the Wizards tournament to play in the Women’s Pinball Championship, so please spread the word to any other female attendees that aren’t currently registered for the Wizards tourney. Registration will take place all day Friday and Saturday at TPF, and limited to the first 64 players who register. More details can be found here: https://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/womens-tournament-2/

2 Likes

Great news to share with all of you!

The TPF Team is pleased to announce that Scorbit has agreed to sponsor the TPF Classics tournament for 2019. As part of this partnership, Scorbit is contributing $500 to the tourney purse for TPF Classics. Thank you, Scorbit team!

For those of you unfamiliar with Scorbit, at its highest level, it is “connected” pinball. Scorbit allows scores and other data to be real-time broadcasted to an Internet service from a pinball machine, ranging from solid state to DMD and modern era machines. You can imagine the many applications that emerge from doing that. You can learn more about Scorbit here – http://scorbit.io/

To see Scorbit in action in a tournament setting, check out much of the stream of the INDISC 2019 Finals featured on iepinball’s Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/videos/363395618?t=

6 Likes

Continuing the announcements that were sent out to registered Wizard (main) tourney players via email around two weeks ago:

Warm-Up Period Added on Friday morning

Based on player feedback, we’re adding a warm-up period from 9am-10am on Friday morning. We invite players to warm up on the tournament games. The purpose of this warmup period is to find any last minute problems with the games before the tournament begins. We request that all players limit their warmup to around 30 seconds on each machine to give other players a chance on the machine. There will be no other opportunities to warmup after qualifying begins at 10am. Players are not guaranteed warmup on all or any games. There will be no warm-up or practice allowed on pins outside of this period. Further, the qualifying time on Friday for both Wizards and Classics is now extended to 1am on Saturday morning.

Classics Tourney: Save time by buying Entries in Advance

Avoid the long line to buy Classics entries! We recognize that it took a long time to get players registered and initial entries purchased for Classics players early Friday morning last year. In response, we’ve added Classics entries to the TPF Store that you can purchase now through March 15. After March 15, Classics entries will need to be purchased at the tourney registration desk. Whether purchased in advance or on-site Classics entries are non-refundable and non-transferable. Buy them here: https://texaspinball.com/tpf/store/#!/Texas-Classics-Tournament-Entry/p/130844104/category=0

1 Like

Slight update to pin list: the Stern Iron Maiden Pro will now be an Iron Maiden Premium.
3rd Tomb Treasure will be set to +15M Power JP instead of Madness MB.

1 Like

Are you disabling secret skill shots?

Yes. Doing Competition Install, and disables Secret Skill shots. And sets a stadard starting mode, deterministic mysteries, etc.
(that type of info on Secret Skills will be prominently displayed on pins)

1 Like

Note should say, “plunge left outlane and die!”

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverPrettyHamburgerKappaClaus

1 Like

Oh my. I guess no signs at SPC?

Yippie!!! I’m debating pulling the trigger on a Maiden Premium so I’m excited to have a chance to play one again, even if it kicks my butt (likely will).

1 Like

I assumed it was an unfortunate miss on the standard skill shot, since he does half heartedly nudge

poor Paul :frowning:

Brave move opting for Maiden Premium instead of Maiden Pro. I love both flavors, but in our league the pro has become the go to due to so many issues with the premium.

I would prefer the safety/reliability of a Pro for tourney. But we have a Maiden compliments of a TPF show purchase deal (someone buying a NIB pin being brought to and shown at TPF). And the vendor only has one Maiden Pro to show, so they want it in their booth instead of in the tourney to display to potential customers – they have Premiums to spare. So we’re getting a Premium instead in the tourney.

5 Likes

the premium will be fine just need to tune it in.

I’m assuming that I’ll be tasked with this. Anything you’d recommend tackling or checking for? I know about the issues with the captive balls and the switch going into the sarcophagus lock but if you have a list of things I’d appreciate it.

worst case, if this isn’t one of the games I’ll be assigned to I just put in a purchase for a Premium so that info will help there too as well as I can advise the tech of those items as well.

I’d clean the play field and put some wax on it, that way any launch issues should be minimised for the length of the tourney. but other than that:

• the captive balls, especially note the pinky left flipper in hitting the mummy captive ball, often you think you’ve fixed the captive ball but it only works head on shot. Make sure someone has blue thread locker (locktite).
  • sarcophagus (who knew I’d be able to spell that perfectly!) lock, my guess is that this will be fine for the tournament, ideally I’d recommend you to swap to the williams style ball switches but given the time limitations that might not be doable, but if you own this game this is a must do change.
  • Can you stage on the flippers properly
  • do all the switches properly detect on the main loop shot (watch out for the mylar lifting)
  • ensuring that the auto launch and manual plunge take the right figure of 8 path, suspect this won’t be an issue on a new game but the full solution is to drop in a https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-090-5023-ot22-600-coil.html and turn the power down a little.

since doing all of the above my IMDN LE has been rock solid for a while it was on its way out because of all this agro. I’m around thursday if you wanna catch up on this.

Cheers,
Neil.

3 Likes

Appreciate it. I’ll be their about 3ish Thursday to start my volunteer time slot.

Since this one isn’t my game I don’t think I’ll change any coils or switches (on mine that comes in I diffidently will so thanks for the tip).

I’ll try to remember to grab a bottle of locktite as well and bring it to the show. For some reason I thought Stern changed the mech for those so was hoping those registration issues was a thing of the past. Guess we will see.

1 Like

they did and its more precise but doesn’t help with the unscrewing issue… Make sure you have a switch gap tool :smiley:

1 Like