The Munsters Rulesheet

Haven’t seen it on Munsters, but I think Ghostbusters had something similar for mystery on earlier code. Press both flippers rapidly when the mystery mode choices begin scrolling on the display and it would keep scrolling longer. Sometimes you get better stuff, sometimes you don’t. GB mystery gives 3-5 awards every time, so a lot of awards would go by until you finally see what you got. Fun show. Seems like a Dwight thing. Will try this on the Munsters at league next time.

Aaaand I’m wrong. Played it twice on league play last night, 2 players or more collected mystery. Someone skipped the Raven for a plus 3x bonus multiplier, ouch.

Still would be great to have a mystery relight function on this game!!

2 Likes

Didn’t an early instruction card say that playing Munster Madness would relight it?

Can’t speak to the instruction card on the mystery relight but I haven’t seen this happen… yet!?

When is the playfield multiplier applied to the super jackpot? If you hit the super jackpot shot during multiball, then while it’s doing the animation, if you hit Kitty to increase the playfield X, does it still get applied to the super jackpot collect? I’m guessing it will apply anytime you increase the playfield X before the moment you can cancel the collect. The other possibility is you’re locked into the current playfield X as soon as you hit the super jackpot shot. Which is it?

You are not locked in when you make the shot. I have definitely increased the playfield X while the jackpots are adding up. I think as long as you do it before the final animation it will work.

3 Likes

Since Secret Mania is a normal part of the game now, the actual puzzle was this: the random lights near the score, when interpreted as binary, spelled out a flipper code in ASCII. Entering the flipper code revealed a password which you could tell to Dwight and required an oath of secrecy, at which point he would reveal the second clue to unlock the mode. But from there it took me a long time to figure out how to actually start it…!

This was my guess at how to start the mode for a very long time, figuring it had to do with ‘3’ in so many other games. I spent way too much money on location actually setting up 3 combos, 3 SJPs, 3x PF, and 3 zaps just to be disappointed… :slight_smile:

Once it was unlocked, the actual method to start Secret Mania was to complete the standups and start Grandpa a second time before Munster Madness.

3 Likes

Edited the rules document to describe chattering teeth, at long last, and would appreciate help on calculating the new super jackpot values now that up to 11 can be stacked.