Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

Yep…same issues here. Make sure your plunger is correctly aligned and you’ll need to red loctite that post! (Mine fell out after 20ish plays)

@sk8ball Hey man! Love the game so far and I wanted to give you some code recommendations. One is relatively minor and the other concerns the Smart Missile, which I know you were thinking about giving some added depth to.

Recommendation 1 (Raptor Tri-Ball Restart): If no Jackpots are made during the first stage of Raptor Tri-Ball, an opportunity for a 2-Ball Restart should be made available by hitting the center raptor pit shot under a time limit. Include a shorter (not nonexistent) ball saver at the start of the restart. This would be in line with what the original Data East game did, and it would allow novice players to get more mileage out of the mode considering how hard it is to light in the first place.

Recommendation 2 (Smart Missile): Currently, the Smart Missile simply awards 15 million hits for a successful hit to the amber target. However, these awards would incentivize more strategic use of the Smart Missile and integrate it further into certain modes.

• If no mode is currently active, a successful Smart Missile will award 20 million points (increased from the 15 million value from before, in order to encourage more potential uses).
  • If a Paddock mode is active, using the Smart Missile will give you different features depending on when its active.
    • If the Smart Missile is used during the initial “staff rescue” phase, it will award 10 million, give you credit for all of the required staff to light the Set Trap targets, and temporarily stun the dinosaur (for a longer time than hitting its shot directly). This would NOT advance your Rescue Streak but would still award the base points for each staff member.
    • If the Smart Missile is used during the dinosaur capture phase, it will award 10 million and allow the player to successfully capture the dinosaur with one yellow shot instead of the required amount. If one yellow shot is the only one left, the Smart Missile will capture the dinosaur and award 2x the current Bounty value for your effort.
  • If a T-Rex Event or Control Room mode is active, using the Smart Missile will award 10 million, give you credit for a lit shot (and award its value), and double the scoring for the rest of the mode.
  • A “Super Smart Missile” award from the upper loop would allow the Smart Missile to act more like how it behaved in the original Data East game (although this should be fairly deep in the awards in order to prevent abusing the feature - maybe once per game?). The next time the smart missile is activated and that award has been collected, tell the player that pressing the action button will allow the player to activate the Super Smart Missile instead of the normal one. The Super Smart Missile acts like, well, the Smart Missile from the original game mixed with the Big Bang from Dialed In, where using it collects anything lit on the playfield, finishes any ongoing modes (albeit for less points than you would have obtained by completing it manually), and qualifies one CHAOS completion towards lighting Chaos Multiball. I’m not sure how this would interact with the Control Room modes as they have to manually be chosen, but this is just a sketchy concept for now - I’m sure you can work it out.

Thanks in advance - keep up the great work on making this game the best it can be, and let me know what you think!

~ Captain B. Z. (current high score: 614 million :P)

2 Likes

The plans for smart missile are pretty close to what you suggest. Complete current paddock, complete chaos, complete raptor, big points and extra ball in addition to the 15 mil

6 Likes

Green or orange should work. Make sure the plunger is slightly higher than the ball and centered. Too low and it will hit the bottom of the heli ramp

1 Like

Code suggestion: perhaps have some way to disable the rear standup target from starting Chaos MB if you don’t necessarily want to start it now - maybe holding the lockdown bar button? I had it lit but I also had a T-Rex and Control Room mode I wanted to stack. Ball fell in the pops from a slow upper loop return and it started Chaos without my stackables.

2 Likes

The rulesheet says the direction of the truck influenced where the ball goes when you shoot the spinner but I’m pretty sure that’s just … not true?

you cant stack control room and t rex modes, on the current code anyhow.

true, spinner shots always go to right orbit no matter which way truck is facing, unless you get lucky and it dribbles into the pops somehow. also, ball gets stuck on top of gate up there often as well as raptor gate. wish we can fix that somehow. 4 of them i have do the same thing.

1 Like

If the truck is facing right, the right orbit feeds the pops. If it’s facing left it goes around the orbit.

3 Likes

But does the truck direction have any impact on up-post behavior from a center spinner shot (not right orbit shot)?

No. Not that I’ve noticed. It will feed the upper flipper unless it’s a sloppy shot and just happens to fall in there.

2 Likes

Then let’s just say “one of those two”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In which case, I shoot a lot of spinner in Chaos MB in hopes of sloppy shots :slight_smile: (for more pops add a ball)

1 Like

I “missed” the center loop in Deadpool… playfield X!

2 Likes

“Oh sh… I mean, Snikt!”

1 Like

New on .88 code Extra Ball awarded for t-rex bounty

6 Likes

Did it miss the release notes or did I skip over it? This is huge!

1 Like

Release notes are never 100%

3 Likes

Archive of last night’s stream on the new code - https://youtu.be/DPIAOJhMKME

1 Like

@sk8ball How much did KOTI scoring get nerfed with this: “- King of the Island - fixing an issue where the jackpot value would be incremented too much for spinner, pop, and sling hits”
:frowning:

And thanks for all the other tweaks and updates. Awesome attention to detail to keep improving the game experience. Great game just got even better!

1 Like