Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

You can get more than that.

Best I have done is 300M total with a 60M and 50M shot. I think 260M from the mode itself and 30M time completion bonus. This was all in 2x.

Basically after you shift gears there is a short timer where any mode shot is double value.

new game at home already? :slight_smile:

we had that issue tonight for our monthly. Even i didnt know who was up when i was helping out newbees. lol

Nice! My initial thought for KOTI jackpot value would be total Rescues-based instead of Streak.

Totally agree with this.

I got a chance to play a Pro on location finally and itā€™s a great game. The first thing I noted was that the upper PF shots are farther away than they appear on stream/video. This gives you a lot of time to slap save and drains SDTM seem rare. I heard @sk8ball on podcast saying this was by design and the outlanes were purposely ā€œdrainyā€. This really rewards great nudging and I agree that the game plays better and rewards skill to a greater degree if the tilt is somewhat ā€œlooseā€.

Looking forward to getting mine (LE on orderšŸ˜Š)

Cool interaction factor. But to @raydaypinballā€™s initial point: does it make sense story-wise to still be able to ā€œrescueā€ a staff member when youā€™ve already Captured the dinosaur that is was threatening said staff?

1 Like

For me itā€™s just confusing. I feel like I have completed that paddock, nabbed the Dino, got the perk, but these rescue inserts are still lit. Maybe it will make more sense later, but definitely confusing now.

1 Like

Iā€™ll add an action button function ā€œall remaining staff can walk to the helipadā€

Not sure what isnā€™t clear about evacuating staff off the island. Even if the current paddock is secured they would still have to cut through other unsecured paddocks to get off the island lol

3 Likes

So when Iā€™m done with a paddock, trapped the Dino, got the perk. How do I collect and finish off those remaining rescues so they unlight? And do the go away when the next paddock is started, or are they still there?

Capturing the Dino is how you beat the paddock and collect the perk. Itā€™s up to you if you want to rescue the remaining staff or not. If you leave them itā€™s harder to advance back through the paddock during escape nublar. Once Dino is collected you can collect map letters and advance to the next paddock. As you enter the paddock the ā€œinteractive cd-romā€ on the crt screen tells you how many total staff are trapped in that paddock.

2 Likes

Okay. So before I start my next paddock I want to save the remaining people. Do I hit those solid lot recuses then the helipad or just the helipad?

Just the rescue shots. With the Dino captured itā€™s an easy way to build the rescue streak up to big values before the paddocks start getting hard. Especially if you captured the brachiosaurus which boosts the rescue streaks even higher in value

6 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. This game is incredible.

Ok. Thanks for explaining the thinking behind it.

For whatever reason, Rescues hanging around werenā€™t confusing to meā€¦and I welcomed being able to pick them up to keep boosting my streak while not under the pressure of a dinosaur. But of course, you arenā€™t actually making progress while doing this, and you risk draining.

Intentional or not, it can be easy to accidentally advance to the next paddock while you are shooting around for rescues. I appreciate that it requires a little thought.

Does anyone know why some times the T. rex hurry up is 1 mil instead of 500k?

Assuming you are talking about Feed Trex, the value builds with each shot you make before hitting the left ramp. Iā€™ve had it just under 5m, with one (or two?) build shots still unclaimed.

I imagine having 2x running could also explain what youā€™ve seen.

1 Like

@sk8ball What color plunger spring do you recommend in the game? Mine came with green as did the game on location I get to play. On my pin a full plunge isnā€™t consistently making the U turn, but thatā€™s not the case on location. Some others online are also reporting their games coming with green springs. The manual says it should be orange.

1 Like

The JP we have on location, full plunge fails to make the u-turn about 25-50%. We also noticed that the post next to the lower flipper was very loose after just a few days.

The smart button tends to give a cleaner launch on the few that Iā€™ve played.

2 Likes