Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

Classic problem, though. Easy to miss the warp ramp as a required shot on Stern Trek cause the insert isn’t on the playfield but hovering above.

3 Likes

:rofl:
Funniest thing I’ve heard all day…Thank you!

What is the incentive to rescue additional people past the initial amount to light traps? It seems as if it’s actually advantageous to intentionally not shoot rescue shots to give yourself more time… do you get a higher bounty when you capture based on # rescues? Do you get a perfect bonus if none are eaten? Or is it just the rescue streaks?

As far as I can tell the only benefit you’re getting from actually going for all of the Rescues is you’re advancing your Rescue Streak faster. I’d love to see some more incentives added for players who decide to rescue everyone. A completion bonus or something could be sweet.

What @CaptainBZarre said on the Rescue Streak faster, particularly on the early/slow dinos. If you choose to go the path with +200K, this complements each other. Although I haven’t thought through an estimate of how much is that really worth.
Other incentives: Rescue thresholds give you other awards (see rulesheet) such as lit inlanes and EB. And Rescues contribute to end-of-ball Bonus.

Overall, though, I agree with you that making quicker work of capturing dinos and progress toward the more lucrative paddocks/dinos seems to be a better option than milking Rescues.

1 Like

Yes, plan on implementing perfect paddock bonus and # of rescues determines value of one of the wizard modes. When you are getting 20mil + per rescue when you have a good streak going I see no further incentive :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll lower the base rescue value and really boost streak value to make it more risk/ reward

4 Likes

I also find that the streak bonus makes me want to stay away from certain dinos, notably Trex. If the streak bonuses are getting jacked up, I could see skipping those big dinos to play it safe with high value rescues.

It’s an interesting choice though, and that’s very cool.

3 Likes

20mil per rescue due to rescue streak? I need to #playbetter.

T-rex will award EB in the next update so add that monkey to the wrench :wink:

4 Likes

How much are EBs worth when turned off? And can the value be multiplied?

And can the screen display the value when they are turned off and you earn one?

1 Like

+1 to consider fixing this prioritizing KOTI over TRex mode in future code revisions. Qualified KOTI for the first time on ball 3, and shot L ramp, only to find myself locked into 40 seconds of shooting the L ramp / ski jump in order to time out TRex.

And KOTI is a great Multiball — very cool rules and scoring. Combined it with 2x and the points blew up. @sk8ball are the KOTI jackpot values fixed? Or dependent on some element of how you played your Paddocks in getting to it?

1 Like

Finally got some time on one here in Seattle. Lots of fun. I struggled with a bunch of the shots at first, but found most of them after awhile. EXCEPT the tower shot - I think the one here (at 8-bit Arcade) is a little busted. Got a ball hung up past the lip of the tower ramp.

Now, I don’t really ever care about licensed actors, movie clips, etc., but can we please start a GoFundMe to pay for Stern to license Goldblum’s “Must go faster” for hurry ups.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s on the mega list of things of things to do. Pretty much all the micro and mini wizard modes scoring will be based on paddock progression, or number of rescues. Maybe I can give a boost for bringing a rescue streak into koti

3 Likes

Are rescue lights supposed to stay lit after you’ve captured a Dino? Seems odd… people just chillin’ waiting to be rescued… from what? Also it makes the “rescue as few people as possible” even more tru because you can always rescue them afterward…

EDIT: omg this game is so much fun to play
I really appreciate the subtle nudges required to keep it out of the outlane areas, I hope tournaments don’t pull rubbers and set too tight of tilts because there is an art to keeping it out on this game

2 Likes

Yes, the more rescues you abandon the harder and less valuable escape nublar becomes. But for now, sure leave em :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ooohh I love me a good wizard mode pay off! Also I just heard the “it’s a spike system you know this!” Easter egg lol

3 Likes

Billion+ game from @bkerins today: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474464075 Somewhere towards middle.

I should have been streaming!

This game is so great… I love how huge some of the awards are if you make enough shots to earn them… also does anyone know how I got a 24 mil then a 36 mil truck shift gear combo? It looked like it gave it to me when I ricocheted the truck into the left loop during a T. rex Mode

Sounds like it might’ve been T-Rex Chase, with the 3 second timer that doubles next shot? Plus double scoring running maybe?

Please!