Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

Has anyone figured out more of the DNA combos? I collected a T-Rex DNA combo once but I’m not sure how, I think it’s center loop - side loop - side ramp - truck but I might be wrong.

Played KOTI on 0.88. The “fix” described above seems to have significantly lowered the KOTI potential points. A 0.87code KOTI where I got to the 5x jackpot level netted me around 800M points, with double scoring running during most of it. KOTI on 0.88 code, with double scoring running during most of it, getting to the 4x jackpot level, got me 180M. :frowning:

On the 800M 0.87-code KOTI, I don’t think I got any huge “background” points like Amber or Pteranadon, because I didn’t claim either of those two feature champion spots when I put my initials in.

@sk8ball Did you elect to put in any KOTI base jackpot modifiers based on # of Rescues or # of Dinos captured?

I had a 900 million KOTI on 0.87 code with only 3x jackpot achieved. Had double scoring running throughout. Locked spinner on first jackpot, left ramp on second and the A ramp on third. The readme said something about lessening jackpot build value with spinner, pops and slings. I was resetting the jackpots using the spinner almost exclusively so I bet that was the “bug” he fixed.

1 Like

In Paddock modes, are the only “timed” element that the dino will finish off remaining “rescue” before capture? Ending the mode.

Sorry if this is clarified in an earlier post.

Yes. Although if you take too long with a capture, you might have to visit the Helipad again.

@raydaypinball please, stream!

Already have a few times you should be able to watch the vods, and I’ll continue to stream sporadically. Follow raydaypinball on twitch!

4 Likes

I don’t speak twitch, nor “vods”. I’ll setup an account now though. Thanks! :slight_smile:

< offtopic >
EDIT: @raydaypinball I’m in! It’s getting late here in Stockholm though. I’ll watch it tomorrow.

EDIT2: @raydaypinball I could not resist watching a “vod”? Impressive game and skills. Let’s play a JP Deathmatch in 2020 (I still haven’t played it)! :slight_smile:
</ offtopic >

1 Like

I guess KOTI had a bug that caused exponential scoring increases. When we get through the slog of getting mechanical devices 100% it will be back to adding/ tweaking rules

2 Likes

The post under the upper flipper getting loose has been the first ‘common’ complaint. And plunge, either auto or manual, not making the return to the right flipper consistently. But I know this is a rulesheet thread. Otherwise it feels real nice.

1 Like

@sk8ball I’m on a slight pinball-hiatus (again). Do you have any date sort-of-set for a 1.0-release? My hiatus will probably be over that day (the game looks awesome though). :slight_smile: Meanwhile, I’ll try to keep up with this thread.

Anyone know if there is a factory update/fix for the ball getting stuck under the truck? We have one on location that does it several times a day. Oddly enough, the JP next to it rarely does it.

I’ve heard people are using those clear nubs that you stick to cabinets so they don’t bang shut. Just a tiny little little round thing, like a quarter inch or less. Stick it to the bottom of the truck.

2 Likes

Worth noting when it comes to DNA combos - you can hear a little sound when you make a set of two shots that are part of the combo. Might be worth keeping in mind. There’s one DNA combo that starts at the helipad and then goes to the spinner that I haven’t been able to figure out yet.

1 Like

I may have found a higher difficulty level of qualifying Chaos Multiball. Or a bug, but not sure.

I had already played Chaos Multiball at least twice and qualified it again. Made a shot to the pop bumper target…shot wasn’t clean, wound up missing it and hitting a bumper instead. Because of this, the Chaos Multiball arrow shut off and the game wanted me to spell CHAOS again, presumably for another try at making a clean pop target hit.

1 Like

Is there a call out when Feed Trex is qualified?

I tried this glass off and couldn’t reproduce it for any Chaos Multiball up to the 4th. What I did notice, though, is that after the second Chaos Multiball, the display will say “Chaos Multiball is lit” after every Chaos completion, even though it isn’t.

Feed starts automatically after the first T-REX completion, so it’s qualified when just the X is missing—there’s no callout for that.

I played around with T-Rex Multiball a bit, and scoring seems to work like this:

The collected hurry-up value is the base jackpot value, and each collected jackpot increases the value by 250K. Shooting a red shot both collects a jackpot and adds a multiplier to the remaining jackpots. The color of the non-red jackpots indicate how many multipliers have been added: blue = 1x, purple = 2x, cyan = 3x, yellow = 4x, N/A (only one jackpot left) = 5x. After all 5 jackpots have been collected, Super Jackpot is lit for the sum of the collected jackpots, and the multiplier is reset. Jacking up the hurry-up three times to about 3M before starting MB, then collecting 5 red jackpots and the Super will be about 110M. Doing the same during 2x playfield will be about 600M (2x base value from hurry-up, 2x jackpots added to Super, 2x Super).

There’s also some interesting behavior with regards to the Super Jackpot: When the T-Rex ramp is lit for Super, it will always also be lit for a normal Jackpot (because qualifying Super relights all jackpots), but shooting the ramp will NOT collect the normal jackpot, only the Super (IMO this is a bug, the shot should not be lit with the normal jackpot color when it’s impossible to collect the jackpot). This also means that collecting the Super will never end the red shot streak. Also, usually all jackpots have to be collected to relight them, but if Super is lit, the jackpot on the T-Rex ramp does NOT have to be collected to relight the other jackpots.

6 Likes

The callout is “rawr”.

1 Like

The LEs are delivered with v0.89 game code. I didn’t notice any change. Did you detect any additions or fixes?