Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

I think Secure Control Room behaves the same; was playing it the other day and had an outlane drain that I thought was 100% unquestionably safely within the ball save window due to the state of the flasher and was quite surprised when my ball ended. I think it’s a combination of:

A. The ball save doesn’t immediately trigger on outlane switch (unlike the standard ball save)
and
B. There is zero grace period after the flasher stops (unlike the standard ball save)

I believe the ball saves on 2MTM and NotB on Maiden share this same quirk.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. Yes, I now recall an unfortunate drain during 2MTM on Maiden that did the same.

@sk8ball: I’m curious – Given that it’s consistent across your two pins thus far: why the different handling of initial ball-save period on the mini-wizard modes (where the ball-save doesn’t bail you out from an outlane drain based on when it hits the outlane switch) vs other ball-save logic for beginning of ball and multiballs?

Question about qualifying When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth…
Is it only based on the completion of the three mini-wizard modes and successful Escape Nublar? (as described in the rule sheet), or,
Is it based on collecting all 11 Fossils plus successful Escape Nublar?, or,
All of the above (11 Fossils, completing all 3 mini-wizards, and successful Escape Nublar)?

I believe It is the completion of the three mini wizard modes plus Completing Escape Nublar.

1 Like

Thanks. Good to know. I assumed it was like Iron Maiden, where the ultimate wizard mode was based on the “collectibles” (Tomb Treasures / Fossils). I was gunning for Fossils, supplementing with a few Wild Cards – particularly for Secure Control Room. That mode is difficult to complete on any consistent basis.

1 Like

New code 1.02 is released!
Check out that readme, lemme know if there’s any questions :wink:

4 Likes

Glad to see that the up-post bug appears to be fixed. And I love DNA combos meaning a bit more.

edit: I was never sure if it was intentional or a bug, but Pteranodon timer continues to run during up-post stuff in 1.02

Not a bug, that timer and I think the amber timers are set to never pause for anything. I think it’s to avoid exploits since early on people showed like… ludicrous Amber Slings awards

Fair enough. Shouldn’t be shooting anything but spinner anyway during Pteranodon.

It certainly didn’t help that the Amber Sling awards were secretly quadrupled at one point. :rofl:

1 Like

I think I’ve figured out that random Fossil that you experienced (and @Brian). The Anklyosaurus perk makes it so from that point on, all rescue threshold awards are reduced by one. The awards are not implemented in an absolute way, but rather an incremental way. So, if you don’t have the perk and never get the perk, the awards add up to make it so the Fossil is given at 30 rescues. But, if half way through you get the Anklyosaurus perk, then from that point on, the next awards are reduced by one, which throws off the math entirely. So for instance if your next bonus X award was 4 rescues away, now it is 3. If then the next Light Inlanes award is 4 rescues after that, it’s now 3 rescues away (after you get the bonus x). Meaning your fossil could be given to you at any number less than 30.

2 Likes

I think I follow. Tricky bug. Hardly a showstopper, but means picking ankly is probably the right call at level 3…unless you’re really gunning for those Super Supply Drops. Which, actually. Well. The rule sheet above actually explicitly states:

Additionally, a wildcard Fossil is awarded at 28 loops (unaffected by the Easier Loops Perk).

I’d think the bug would go both ways on any perk that reduces thresholds.

Yeah, the rule sheet is wrong, it works the exact same way.
It’s not really a bug, just a misunderstood feature… Otherwise those perks would be useless if it only reduced all the thresholds by 1… Way better to reduce all the INCREMENTS by 1.

3 Likes

Adding an extra ball for DNA combos is a perfect idea and I’m glad it made it into the code. Adds more incentive to go for them other than trying to increase your bonus.

1 Like

On an unrelated note - can anyone clarify the score values for the Triple Super Skill Shot & the MXV Skill Shot?

Yeah, I didn’t test it to see if the “Easier” perk reduced the Fossil when I wrote that. I thought it didn’t based on in-game experience where I couldn’t recall getting the Fossil at fewer #, even when I had that Perk. I must have misremembered which level 2 path I took.

Curious to see the standardized Nublar speed run times coming in.

Really miss playing this game and looking forward to when I can get access to one again.

2 Likes

Well it’s called Easier Inlanes. So it was safe to assume that the perk only applied to the inlane awards from rescues, not all awards.

1 Like

Nice. Got the Loop Fossil at 23 loops tonight

1 Like

Came across a bug where TREX was spelled but didn’t qualify the mode start at left ramp. Was not running concurrently w/anything other than a 3rd level paddock. After draining only the T was lit and I was able to start the next event.

Did get to KOTI for the first time tonight.

2 Likes