Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

Yeah there’s actually some calculus to be worked out that might argue avoiding all loops until you get the easier perk makes the total number lower to get the fossil :wink:

2 Likes

Meh, forget the fossil. It’s all about the Super Inlanes.

2 Likes

Yeah, unlimited Super Spinner with the Spitter Perk and Super Predator BonusX’s would get ridiculous! Ridiculously good.

Added a bunch of shot scoring detail to T-Rex and Control Room modes to the Wiki

@sk8ball and @raydaypinball… in 1.02, it seems the Dino Bounties for the upper tier dinos got reduced. Was this intentional? Didn’t see that mentioned in the 1.02 readme.

Pteranadon and Raptor bounties are now each only 12.5M base.

Couple minor things I noticed, not specific to 1.02, but still there.

• Premature “shoot the trap target” voice calls still happen on later dinos.
  • When starting Invalid Frenzy via smart missile, nothing is lit for the first few seconds, while it goes through the opening audio choreography. I assume the ball is normally held during this time when starting it the legit way, which I’m not sure I’ve ever done. I just hope I’m actually being awarded stuff even though nothing is lit.

One funny annoyance that I’m not sure anything can be done about without a slight rule change:

• Started the T-Rex paddock and then immediately Raptor mutiball. Kept trying to use my super tranq, but when a drained ball is saved, the action button light show disables it. Factor in how much I drain and the extended ball save to due to add-a-ball, and the T-Rex had chomped three workers before I could do anything about it. I know, play better!
2 Likes

Another minor thing I’d like to see get fixed is the the lit escape timer running when the ball is held - I’ve missed out on relighting the escape several times because an animation is playing and I have no chance to the target while going through an introduction - TREX mode, Paddock, Control Room

I recall a code update where it was an intentional decision to never pause the Escape timer.

2 Likes

Back in the day I mentioned timers running during animations on Maiden, and I think the response was akin to “don’t shoot lockups when timed things are running.” :smile:

Huh… I never realized that each time you qualify Lit Inlanes (via Rescue threshold), while only one inlane is lit at a time based on the direction of the Truck, that after using one Inlane reward, you can change the Truck direction and then get the opposite side reward as well.

1 Like

Some sneaky pluralization going on there. :rofl::rofl:

Yes. But what I haven’t noticed is if it carries over to next ball after it is lit?

Nope does not carry over. When you drain, you lose both the smart missle and or supper spinner if it was lit.

2 Likes

Same goes for Super Inlanes, but good luck getting that far…

I forgot, does Super Escape hold over for the rest of the game or is it similarly a one-ball ordeal? I’ve only gotten to it once.

T-Rex Encounter deep cut: if you shoot the spinner as your choice of right-side shots, unlike other spinner-based shots (Resuce, Dino capture/stun, etc) where the shot registers upon the first spin, the Encounter shot doesn’t register until after the spinner finishes its last spin.
This is really only important if the mode timer is running out, and you shoot the spinner for your final shot, only to have your Encounter mode timer expire before the spinner finishes its last spin. :frowning:

10 Likes

Had a bug in 1.02 in which the smart missle was qualified, call out given, but up post never triggered. Just saw it once.

If smart missile didn’t actually start pretty sure that means that the ball missed the inlane switch.

Since updating to 1.02 the arrow at the Control Room only lights green. In test Blue and Red don’t work at all, meaning it is not lit during Trex or Chaos MB among other times.

Is this code related or is there some other fault?

Some other fault. Mine works fine for blue and other colors.

Oops, I misstated this issue. Things are lit, but don’t seem to respond to hits during the opening sequence. They could very well be registering in the background, not sure without glass-off testing, which would cut into my playing time. :wink: