Stern Jurassic Park Rulesheet

Yes. Every supply drop includes light 2x scoring

Updated rulesheet with tidbits added in the last few posts and one on pinside: how to light 2x scoring, how Escape works on left outlane, only Orange/Red paddocks require helipad, and what I gleaned from only making one or two shots during King of the Island MB.

@sk8ball any plans to implement some type of visual on the tilt danger screens to differentiate between your first and second danger? Or did I miss a difference thatā€™s already there?

I love the Nedry danger screen and callout, so my suggestion is rather than clutter the screen with the traditional ā€œdangerā€ spelled out, would it be possible to change the Nedry background screen from white to red for the 2nd danger? Or maybe put a red border around the 2nd danger screen, if you want to keep the original white background?

1 Like

Not sure if people have mentioned that itā€™s often a bit hard to tell which player is up at a quick glance. A lot of newer players are confused as to whoā€™s up the way it is - I donā€™t think it shows a visual PLAYER # designation on the screen?

3 Likes

Yeah there is still lots of text work to be done for sure.

3 Likes

Truck stuck

5 Likes

Does anyone know what to do at the start of Visitor Center ? I couldnā€™t figure out what to hit when I got to it to advance this mode. Stuff like CHAOS was advancable, but it wasnā€™t obvious what to hit during the Visitor Center mode.
Thanks.

1 Like

Visitor Center hasnā€™t been coded yet.

2 Likes

An operator just mention this to me today. He said he stuck one of those clear rubber adhesive nubs (like you would use to prevent cabinets from banging shut) on the bottom of the truck and it solved the problem.

4 Likes

So how does Multiball stacking work in this table? Iā€™ve heard that Chaos & Raptor arenā€™t stackable now, but Feed T-Rex and Raptor are?

So how is the super spinner inlane lit? If I saw right, I had a fully lit spinner, shot the helipad shot, then it was a right lit inlane to the spinner and it got like 60-70mm on one shot. Did I see that right?

1 Like

Got my JP this weekend, been really enjoying it so far! Some issues I noticed in the current code:

• If both a T-Rex Mode and King of the Island MB are qualified on the left ramp, shooting the ramp starts the T-Rex mode but not the MB. King of the Island remains unavailable until the T-Rex mode is completed or timed out. Seems like either the MB should take priority or it should just start both?
  • The blackout on the lights after hitting certain shots can be really annoying. In particular, the blackout after hitting the helipad to qualify a capture is brutal since it lasts until the ball is already on the flipper which makes it difficult to aim and also difficult to determine the location of the capture shot before taking a shot.
  • Lighting the arrow in front of the R Ramp when Pteranodon Attack is running would be nice. Iā€™ve seen a lot of players panic when the timeout/countdown callouts start because they have no idea what timed mode is running and no idea what they need to shoot.
  • The T-Rex arrow color and the capture arrow color are very similar; makes it pretty difficult to figure out where the capture shot is when you have a T-Rex mode running.
  • Raptor MB seems like itā€™s more difficult to start than Chaos MB but also less valuable. Doesnā€™t help that the raptor pen has no effects other than advancing towards that MB (whereas a shot to progress towards chaos MB can net you 3+ other awards)
  • MB scoring seems to dominate right now (but I may just need to Play Betterā„¢ in the control room and T-Rex modes~)
2 Likes

Iā€™ll just leave this here :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah this has been bugging me after a right ramp trying to take upper flipper shots. Really tough in a dark room.

1 Like

Nice! So there are only two Raptor Supers when you get to 6ball phase, and then it returns to Raptor Rampage jackpots?

@sk8ball would it be too difficult to suggest the return of the Mr. DNA awards from the Data East game? The idea of being able to choose between several awards instead of just one could be interesting on this game, especially considering the options one has with stuff like the Smart Missile and the Escape target. Maybe make it a task similar to the Control Room where you have to complete certain tasks to qualify it, perhaps the DNA combos (heā€™s in the display for those after all!)

1 Like

It goes to victory laps phase. All shots lit. Raptor target re-lights and boosts all jackpots. Raptor 2x re-lock still active

4 Likes

Everyone simply go listen to @sk8ball ā€˜s interview on H2H to fill in any gaps on the rules/nuances of JP. Great interview! Looking forward to getting deeper into the game and the expert phases of each multiball.

Is King of the Island MB now coded in with rules (as of last weekā€™s code release) as you described on the H2H interview?

1 Like

KOTI has always been in

Ah, yes. Sorry ā€“ I was mixing up KOTI with Visitor Center.