Stern Godzilla Rulesheet

Is there any reason that you wouldn’t be able to light Kaiju on the 4th city? I had two games with no SJP so I was stuck in Level 3 but I did get to the 4th city. In that situation the ramps did not light to qualify Kaiju.

Did you start rampage or any other mode that locks you out of progress? Did you already play a tier 1 and tier 2 in the 4th city?

No to both. And I didn’t play Planet X but the game is behaving like it did. BTW this is my first week playing the most recent code that allows you to jump ahead to Planet X.

Did you possibly select the early Planet X powerup, but not start it?

No, but that would make sense. I’m going to do some glass off testing and see if I can replicate.

Found a minor but 100% reproducible bug, it happened twice in the past couple days.

Complete a kaiju battle in a city, and hit the scoop to change city before the animation plays (not too hard if there are a few things running like a saucer attack or tesla). Go to a new city and when the animation plays, it says on screen and voiceover “Godzilla now controls (New city)”.

1 Like

I am trying to get 10/10 secret combos on a PRO model and I am not entirely sure it is possible. I can do all of them except for:
5 Reverse Mecha Side Lane Skill Shot (left spinner)

How the heck is this possible on a PRO? I thought MAYBE with the perfect left sling this could work, but in my glass off testing it just doesn’t have enough umph to send it up the side lane reverse.

Maybe there could be a different combo on the pro for this one? Left return lane → Shatz the UFO?

It’s possible (I did it once). Can’t say I recall how that particular shot happened.

One reason that the ramps wouldn’t light to qualify Kaiju - the maser cannon can award it randomly, in which case the ramps wouldn’t be lit. Unlikely but it’s possible this happened and you didn’t notice that Kaiju was lit at the scoop if you were focusing on the ramps.

As for secret combo #5 - yeah there really isn’t any way to do it intentionally, you have to get lucky from the left sling. I’ve seen it happen but it has to be a super hard and perfect whack.

I need to try to do the secret combos in earnest as my machine happens to hit that shot every once in a while.

Having said that, my machine also sometimes has slower-than-typical clockwise ball speed and will sometimes cause problems with that right outlane if I’m not moving the machine. I probably should figure out how to dial that in better.

This is possible on the Pro but there’s no way to reliably make it - it assumes the slingshots have enough strength to kick the ball through the side lane reverse and into the left spinner.

Just played first game in months. 1.0.7. Experienced a bug in mechagodzilla multiball where

• I’m one shot away from lighting the SJP
  • Use heat ray to collect the last shot. Build phase begins.
  • I drain down to one ball
  • The SJP lights, the announcer says to shoot the SJP and starts to count down
  • After the announcer gets to five, the SJP unlights and the game displays mecha gz mball total.

It skipped the build phase of SJP? After you get the last shot before SJP, it goes into the build phase for about 10-15 seconds before the SJP lights.

No, Forgot to include the build phase. Good catch. Will update.

1 Like

Does anyone else hate Monster Rampage? I hate being locked out of progressing through the game, I hate the repetitive music, and I hate draining my last ball during it.

If nothing else we should get an audit for # Games Ended during Monster Rampage :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t necessarily hate it, but always kinda dread it. Rampage is a mid-game fork in the road. Is it gonna cost me a ball, or reward me with a ball? If my shots are rolling, I get the EB and somehow avoid draining, it’s probably gonna be a great game.

I understand why it’s not stackable, although I still wish it was. Feels like a Dwight jail mode to me (lightsaber duel, winter is coming, etc).

3 Likes

Monster Rampage almost always seems to come at the worst possible time. I just do my best to hit the shots while the ball saver is on and then trap up and wait for the timer to stop, hit something safe, then trap up again and wait.

Funny story: I was in a tournament and had a extra ball I needed to plunge off. I just hit the button and walked away so I didn’t see exactly how it did it, but it managed to start rampage. Because it kept plunging and not hitting any switches afterward the TD had to rule that I could turn backward and flip once each auto-launch until I hit a switch and keep doing so until the ball saver was off. (Not sure if that’s the correct ruling but it was kind of fun while the rest of the bar watched.)

1 Like

It literally takes 10 seconds to turn off extra balls. Not sure why this comes up so often, especially on modern Sterns. Plus you actually get rewarded the 50M for extra balls versus a plunge off. Kind of irks me when I see it.

1 Like

Some locations the TD doesn’t have access to the keys. That’s why I’d love to have insider connected help with this. Make custom QR codes that with an OP approval that once scanned will change all the settings on the game to tournament stuff. Or they could be put on a timer.

7 Likes

I’m fine with it, especially getting far into it and having every shot be worth boatloads of points, and the music is also fine though it would be neat to have the music cycle between the other “unused tracks” that also get used as options during Godzilla Multiball.

1 Like