Stern Godzilla Rulesheet

The second qualification requires you to hit each of the targets and the spinner individually, as opposed to the first where three hits to any of the targets/spinner will do it.

Note: This regards the Pro. I’m not sure if there are differences for the Premium.

1 Like

I noticed the last part of this description today (about relighting the shots after 40 more switch hits). Can anyone confirm this is accurate? I played the mode and went for this and did not have it happen.

The instructions are missing a step.

After lighting all the shots, you can shoot as many or as few as you want, then hit the building for the Fight/Flee decision. If you choose Fight, it will add some time, then allow you to relight shots via switch hits.

This is a good mode to use your Heat Ray on if you’re a few stages in and running low on time.

3 Likes

OK. So there isn’t a way to relight all of the shots within the same round by going through another set of switches, and it’s just the same fight/flee behavior as ever.

Is there a way to know the “missile count” at any moment? It seems to me it’s only onscreen when a missile is collected (and possibly not always, since other indications sometimes prevail). Unless I’m mistaken, it’s not in Instant Info either.

So maybe it would be nice to add that information somewhere? (Instant Info would be an obvious spot)

Aren’t those displayed on the inlane plastics?

1 Like

Oh, you’re right…

1 Like

Which switch exactly is the Mecha Bottom Rollover?

Is anybody else seeing balls get stuck behind the spinner on premiums late in games without a ball search? Works fine early, ball search kicks it out relatively fast, no search at all later in games. Switch above shooter lane otherwise plays fine.

Anyone knows if thats right?
Monster Rampage started during Planet X here @ 00:59:14
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1745094041

Had a monster game earlier (no pun intended), but had an interesting choice for Level 11: either light KOTM or spot 3 more Godzilla Powerups. What incentives are there, if any, to keep powering Godzilla up beyond level 11 and further? I assume maybe it’s just if I wanted to keep “milking” points until I was ready to start KOTM?

Correct. If you are on ball 1 then you would likely keep going since KOTM ends game

Once you’re past Powerup 11, is there ever another option other than “+3 Powerup”? I got to level 15 (just to get the achievement) before starting KOTM and there was never another option.

I just found an easter egg. I won’t spoil it, but there is a custom callout if you enter Dean Grover’s initials for a high score.

2 Likes

I found a scoring bug, and tested to reproduce it consistently.

Rodan doubles loop scoring TWICE! It doubles both the base value shown on screen AND the final collected value after that.

I did this test with the glass off. Light Rodan (easiest way is impostor battle #1) and start him. Shoot 10 consecutive loops by pressing the loop switch. These ten shots will show the following:

1,000,000 x 1
1,030,000 x 2
1,060,000 x 3
1,090,000 x 4
1,120,000 x 5
1,150,000 x 6
1,180,000 x 7
1,210,000 x 8
1,240,000 x 9
1,270,000 x 10

The base values are the starting 500k + 15k per shot, then doubled by Rodan. The total of those ten shot values is 64,900,000. But the loop total screen will show 118,450,000 and the score will increase by that much.

Now the even weirder part is that the loop total isn’t quite double. What’s happening is that the BASE value gets subtracted out after multiplying, presumably to counteract that Rodan already doubled it… but what would need to happen is that the MULTIPLIED value gets subtracted out. (Or more simply just don’t double that by Rodan at all since the base value already was.)

4 Likes

I was watching pinclash and it appeared that the Collect Rampage letters stacked and just needed to be collected separately but perhaps I just missed collecting one and lighting another and collecting again. Specifically, this was the Escher/Zmac battle.

Didn’t see the match but that’s always been my impression (because sometimes I’ll get a few in quick succession and assume I’m not doing whatever to requalify)

Thanks. It makes sense that they stack in a way because they’re a bit more difficult to light. Honestly, I had never really ever thought about it before because I’ve never focused on trying to achieve starting Rampage although it’s happened a couple times for me in competition. Now that I have one in my basement I’m effectively relearning everything.

They do stack and are collected separately.

The more that are stacked the brighter the ADV Rampage insert

7 Likes