Stern Godzilla Rulesheet

I think you’re right on the money here, the game status hadn’t quite reverted to “single-ball play” so the right outlane oxygen destroyer didn’t count.

3 Likes

Yeah. I think it’s pretty common to other situations in the game. For example, if you finish a mode and shoot the building too quickly for a destruction jackpot (that was lit prior to mode start or that would be qualified by the mode completion) the ball will pass right through. There’s a small time gap between mode turns off and DJPs turn back on.

Bug?
Just had something happen for the second time on latest code that I hadn’t seen before. Mecha multiball, have the SJP qualified, drain down to one ball, voice call out starts counting down time left to hit the shot before it times out and the shot turns off and mode ends before the countdown reaches zero (this time, it only got to 4). Anyone else experience?

2 Likes

I’ve definitely experienced the Mecha SJP turning off prematurely during the single ball countdown grace period at least once. Distinctly remember this because I had a heat ray available and right as I went to use it (with the intent of collecting that SJP) the SJP turned off and so did the heat ray button (countdown was probably around 4 for me as well).

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me a couple days ago. In previous software it would always give me the chance to collect with the Heat Ray in this situation.

1 Like

For the Super Secret Skill shot (which is really satisfying to get!)… am I correct that most of the initial ball-save time (plus the earned added ball-save time from the left spinner lane skill shot) expires while the Super Secret Skill shot animation is playing?
If so, @sk8ball … any chance that the ball-save time could pause while the ball’s in the scoop for the Super Secret Skill shot?

You are correct.

While we are making requests of minor things, I’d like to add:

• changing hedorah lit shot behavior so doesn’t totally cover the other active insert colors for the shot (like megalon, gz mb ready, destruction jackpot, etc)

• pausing timers when the coin door is open and glass removed (my machine has the ball trap at the back of the upper loop so I have to do this often - whatever was running when I go to get the stuck ball expires by the time I can play again)

• Don’t kill the lit destruction jackpot when rampage starts (this happens to me a bunch - anything else active light fighter jets, saucer ready to be destroyed, etc keeps running when rampage starts)

• Being able to blow off any clip that plays when the ball is on the magnet (still regularly lose all side to side swinging momentum)

• Being able to blow off all regular clips (love that this was done for many, but there are still some oddball ones that for whatever reason can’t be skipped and are really long - certain tesla strike ones come to mind)

• The above mentioned new bug where draining down to a single ball in mecha mb with the SJP lit sometimes ends the mode / turns off the SJP shot before the countdown reaches zero

1 Like

all timers need to stop while there.
also stop timers for multi ball start when balls are locked in the building.

1 Like

I think if you enter the menu that stops timers and there may be an setting for pause timers on coin door.

Can imposters still be collected by dropping into the spinner? I only earn it by shooting up through it.

Yes.

1 Like

I also don’t know if there’s some way starting bridge multiball on the prem/LE can happen without its interrupting an active Rage sequence on account of the breaking bridge that doesn’t allow the ball to be returned to the right flipper?

2 Likes

Yes! I find myself trying to swing the ball on the magnet enough to make the shot and not tilt. :laughing:

Just learned some things about King of the Monsters:

• Godzilla multiball takes precedence starting over KotM
  • The heat ray is enabled during phase one but not during phase two

I finally got all of the secret combos and took the opportunity to update the wiki with the official descriptions from instant info in the correct order.

I’ll note that one of the combos lists “skill shot” as one of the shots, so I added a parenthetical to denote which skill shot. I can see value in changing that description in a future code update to clarify the shot.

Another totally minor instant info fix I noticed today is that for tesla strike when you have one set of targets to go it reads “1 sets” remaining (rather than “1 set”).

Also, some score displays don’t take into account rodan. For example, feeling a tier two battle with 2x rodan running displays the non-multiplied award. However, when the mode total is shown it does reflect the multiplied value.

2 Likes

A new bug I’ve seen a couple times (don’t know if introduced in 1.02 or .03) is the magnagrab dropping the ball near the start of the destruction jackpot countdown, rather than at the end of it. A couple of times I’ve looked away when the countdown begins “3, 2, 1” only to turn back in surprise when the ball is dropped just after “3”

I had early DJ drops in versions earlier than 1.02. There was a bunch of clips queued up at the magnet and I was blowing them all off, and the ball dropped well before the countdown ended.

Interesting. I know the DJ clip itself can’t be blown off. I do try to blow off as much as I can, so it’s possible I triggered the too-early drop behavior in this way.

What seemed like a strange bug tonight: in Terror of Mechagodzilla, I had a good round two (spinners) going. I made it through the three waves and then used up all remaining flips. Flips remaining showed zero on the screen, but I was able to keep flipping probably a dozen more times over the next minute or so—continuing to receive points and build the spinner values—without being advanced to the ramps stage. I eventually moved to it, though I don’t know what triggered it.

I just had the most ridiculous blocked progress game, burning four balls in the city after planet x trying to get an sjp in mechagodzilla mb. An unintended benefit is I got exposed to some deep code not yet in the wiki no one ever wants to have to see.

The behavior of the targets changes for subsequent mechagodzilla mb qualifications (I assume the number of spins and target hits also increases). Not sure if it does the second time through; I only noticed it on time #3.

Third qualification (fuzzy on this one, though I know it’s different from the standard): one target is blue, the other and the spinner are unlit. Hit the blue one. Repeat for the other two shots.

Fourth qualification: two of the targets are blue and one is red. Only the red one counts. Hit the red one. Once you do, the next shot is red. Repeat until hitting all three red shots. (Is there a penalty to hitting the blue?)

Fifth qualification: A single blue shot cycles through the two targets and spinner. Hit a bunch of blue shots to qualify (this one as actually easiest on the pro because you can repeatedly wait for the spinner)

1 Like