Stern Godzilla Rulesheet

Wait… seriously?

No, but the list of things that collect energy is so long, goat sightings probably should.

Is the correct/final powerups behavior?

When I got to level 11, the two options available were light king of the monsters or +3 powerups. I took KotM. After that, every time I hit the scoop with a lit powerup the only award available was +3 powerups. This was the case every time through level 15 (after which I played KotM).

I read in the 1.0 code notes that you can endlessly collect powerups now. I assumed that meant there would be different awards beyond level 11. Having the only award for collecting a powerup being to add more powerups seems pretty uninteresting. Would the only benefit be for bonus?

There’s an Insider achievement for getting to level 15, that’s about it.

Do we know if the current implementation is going to be the final? Would seem logical to at least offer up the awards that weren’t selected in earlier stages at levels above 11. Maybe will be included in future minor revisions.

1 Like

Major props to whoever came up with the idea of buffing the loop values from Magna-Grab. Just had a 40M loop session with that running, and the new sounds for it are incredible too.

How do you get out of Planet X MB? I had TOMG qualified on ball 3 and couldn’t get Planet X to end. I had already collected the SJP and it was just lighting the captive ball to be shot at. Closest I’ve come to KOM and stuck AF.

Just read the rules and my takeaway is that once in PX you will have to complete the mode or drain to advance past the mode. Is this correct?

This is correct. Planet X Multiball can be played as a single-ball mode, if you drain then the mode ends in failure but you’re still on Planet X for the rest of the game. To advance in the multiball, you needed 5 captive ball shots and then the right ramp.

So the only way to get to KOTM is to complete PX?

Yup. You need to complete that, play Terror of Mechagodzilla & Monster Zero, and get to powerup level 11.

1 Like

Thanks.

Sounds familiar :wink: Glad to see suggestions are considered.

Had this happen on new code and seems like a bug. Started a MB and for some reason the magna grab grabbed 2 balls during play. I was able to knock them off with the other ball, but it continued to grab balls during the MB. Is this a bug or normal play? Have seen this happen a couple times now, but this was the first time during 1.01

I had one a few days ago on a Pro where it launched my balls at the start of GZ MB and they stuck to the magnet along with the first ball, it held all three until the MB started, thought it was intended or something because it was cool as hell.

Yes. That is intended. But I think it happened mid multiball for Taylor and he has a premium I believe.

I’d check to make sure the balls are not magnetized.

Just upgraded from pro to premium GZ and learning the nuances around premium differences.

So it seems in GZ multiball, if you can save a ball from the initial building drop and immediately shoot the left ramp, you’ll neatly deposit the ball on the roof as the building raises back up. FWIW I would totally let someone play on if they managed to do this in comp, if nothing else they have to survive the eventual ballsearch dump after mb ends.

Killing off Gigan by looping the same ramp in lock mode was new and interesting. Maybe add in a “left hook” achievement for doing it the hard way and taking him out with 8 consecutive left ramps…

Bit of a bug I found yesterday:

If you leave Godzilla/Jet Jaguar vs. King Gidorah/Gigan (Tier 2 multiball mode) as your last Kaiju Battle (as in, last before moving on to Planet X), the software will automatically select the mode for you in the battle-select screen, since there’s only one option. However, if you have your Anguirus add-a-ball available, and accidentally hit the action button to select the mode, it will add a ball in to play at the very start of the multiball, and use up your ally.

I wasn’t paying attention to the display at the time, so I’m not sure if graphics show up indicating the ally was used. But I was pretty bummed to have wasted my add-a-ball on the Tier 2 mode and not have one available for Planet X (thankfully, I still managed to finish Planet X).

Bug?
Ball 3, tank multiball, haven’t used oxygen destroyer. One tank ball drains, oxy destroyer is lit, second ball immediately drains through right outlane, ball ends + game over.

I think there’s a brief limbo state between draining down to one ball in a mode mb and when the mode is treated as over. So you’re back in single ball play, but the game doesn’t immediately consider the mode over, and so draining through the oxygen destroyer doesn’t trigger since ox doesn’t work during mbs.

Likely the grace time you get in just about all stern and other games?
Or does the ball just need to fully drain 1st?