Stern Godzilla Rulesheet

I did the same last night. Came out of Planet X and started Mecha, played that and then drained. One thing I was wondering, are destruction jackpots still available at that point or is it only the multi’s, tank, bridge and Tesla?

Deadpool

Yes, Destruction Jackpots can still be lit and collected through all of the methods described in the rule sheet outside of the Kaiju Battles.

I’ve seen some people say Monster Zero isn’t as lucrative as Terror of Mechagodzilla but I’m not so sure about that, especially if you manage to lock all 3 balls and have the jackpot base value at a good amount. Managed a 1 billion Monster Zero the other day with 2x scoring running and a 300M Heat Ray collect during the mode.

1 Like

MZ can be lucrative but it’s long and you gotta do everything right from the beginning to end to get the big cash in. Or be like me and have amazingly-long 2-ball multiballs for pitiful jackpots after screwing up the beginning… :sob:

3 Likes

Terror is too frikkin’ hard for me. I’m pretty good at sniping targets in single ball, but on the later stages I’m either wasting too many flips keeping balls in play, or letting them drain to get a clean shot, also wasting flips. Limited flips just not rewarding for me in multiball, where my accuracy drops off a cliff.

1 Like

Or that, that’s happened to me a bunch of times too. Definitely a risky mode and not guaranteed that you’ll do insanely well during it, but I think that the mode’s difficulty is balanced accordingly as it’s the easier of the two wizard modes to qualify (IMO).

1 Like

I’ve been having trouble with it as well, the target phase I’m fine with (especially love getting bounces off the shield targets into the powerlines), then the spinner phase gives me trouble mostly because of the cap on the left and right spinners. If this helps at all I can fairly consistently backhand the right spinner on my machine so you might want to shoot that a few times before relying on the center spinner for safer points.

Ramps phase - I try to get two balls on the right flipper, one ball on the left, then shoot the right ramp; transfer a ball over, shoot the left ramp with the ball returning from the right ramp, rinse and repeat with the other side. It sounds more complex than it really is and I have been able to complete the ramps phase once this way…

And for the final 4-ball multiball, it always helps to bring in a heat ray to collect everything. Heck, heat ray is probably a good idea to bring into the mode in general, I can especially see it being useful in the ramps phase.

1 Like

dear Lord…

That was my recent game, too. A paltry 30 million in MZ. A complete joke compared to CaptainBZ’s capabilities

Oh that’s nothing, talk to IE Pinball sometime. I’m just trying my best with what I’ve been given.

1 Like

Here’s a new thing that happened to me which might benefit for a software solution: Hit a strong shot through through the building during the third tier-two battle that flew past the magnet instead of being caught by it for the fight or flee decision and rather than resetting the shot (like what happens when the magnet is missed for destruction jackpot collect shots) the game just decided I fled.

More magnet fun: I shot a lit DJ last night that rattled around slowly and then got “stuck” at the exit (wallop entry). I’m looking and there’s absolutely nothing that the ball could be hung up on, then I realize the magnet was repelling the ball into the nook behind the left tesla target. Sure enough, the ball dropped after the 3,2,1. Guess the shot took too long to make it around and the magnet switched to DJ hold mode. If you ever get a ball “stuck” there during a DJ, don’t leave the machine!

2 Likes

That’s just weird. Did the Earth’s magnetic field briefly reverse while you were playing? Maybe somebody replaced the factory balls with moon rock balls? I’m tempted to want to see this, but no DJ.

Just wondering if King of the Monsters has been coded in yet?

I think the magnet has different modes of running, one to grab and fling the ball, another to hold it for the DJ drop. Ball didn’t make it around before hold mode kicked in; it holds at 8 o’clock and repels at 2 o’clock? I can play around next time I have the glass off

Issue still exists in .98 where starting rampage when destruction jackpot collect on upper loop is lit immediately kills the jackpot shot.

Realized this happens to me more frequently than most because on my machine solid shots through the building often fly right past the magnet, and the missed pulse redirects the ball behind the upper flipper.

no

1 Like

Recent things noticed (code = .98 - though not all are things to new .98):

Heat ray during stage one build phase of Monster Zero awarded 1.5m. Suggests it collects only one lit jackpot instead of all.

With oxygen destroyer running, timer doesn’t stop when ball goes into scoop and video clips play (so ball can end while you’re waiting for it to eject).

Maser Target still awards +1 powerup even after level 10 has been collected.

Onscreen rage combo scoring values are not multiplied with Rodan running

Heat ray does not take out shield targets (towards qualifying add-a-ball) during Godzilla MB

There remain a number of unskippable, extended videos/cutscenes/whatevers that can play when the magnagrab grabs the ball such that by the time they end, all swinging momentum and opportunity to direct the ball to the impostor award is lost.

1 Like

Don’t shoot the scoop. :slight_smile:

2 Likes