Stern Godzilla Rulesheet

I’m probably a masochist, but I don’t like seeing my carnage bonus even when I’m choosing cities. I usually at least vaguely know if it’s huge based on how much I’ve done. Love seeing the count-up with the multiplier slammed on at the end. City change UI kinda spoils the fun.

We still need a carnage bonus lost screen on tilts/drains!

2 Likes

I actually agree but also see the point that it’s valuable to know what your value is to determine whether to cash out if a city or not… maybe there could be a setting, or by default don’t show the carnage but you can like hold a flipper instead of just flip to flash the carnage on screen?

1 Like

Oh, it’s definitely valuable, I just enjoy the surprise. I guess it’s kinda like power JP in Maiden where knowing the current value is too strategically valuable to hide.

Would be nice if you could pass on a Battle sometimes. Once in awhile, a random hit or sling action will result in a premature scoop shot before I can setup a MB, Ally, Heat Ray, and/or 2x scoring stack.

Saucers seem to time out more quickly when certain battles are chosen. Like if I choose Gigan and the saucer had just been qualified it seems to just time out immediately. Anyone else notice that?

Worth considering that there are different saucer colors that disappear quicker too, so if you had gotten a few saucers destroyed before starting that battle maybe that was another part of why it timed out so quickly.

What do the colors indicate? Didn’t know that was a thing

The saucer colors work the same way as the jackpot colors during Godzilla multiball, reverse rainbow - blue for 1x, red for 5x. Each destroyed saucer increases the multiplier and reduces the amount of time that the next saucer is lit for.

2 Likes

Sorry for posting this here, but are the tips of the flipper supposed to be pointed at the alignment holes or below?

Pointed at them.

1 Like

Seems like a common manufacturing quirk on this title. Left flipper was slightly drooped on my GZ, my friend’s game, one that I saw on location, and now yours. Exact same discrepancy on the same flipper. Doesn’t look like much, but it made the center spinner impossible on the fly, and the right ramp tougher than it should be.

I’ve had to replace coil stops and broken bolts so they probably aren’t factory. It’s just my understanding on modern Stern games that the tip of the flipper is centered on the guide holes.

I’m most cases I think that’s true. Just learned recently that the upper flipper on JP needs to be a tad above the hole.

On WPC games, the alignment hole is behind the flipper bat. This leads to arguments over whether the hole should aligned with the back of the bat or the back of the flipper rubber. I align with the back of the bat.

Stern solved all that arguing by making the hole exactly at the tip of the flipper. Hard to screw up.

I just finished a game where I started Planet X multiball, but double-drained out of the all-shots phase. On next ball, it looked like I was still at planet X (saw it on the screen), but neither select city nor start battle (at ramps) appeared to be lit. I wound up playing a mecha-godzilla multiball then drained out. What should I have been shooting for to get back to planet X (or Tokyo?)

Sounds like code is working as I understand it is supposed. After Planet X mode, you can continue to hang out in that fifth “city” and play tesla, tank, and bridge one more time (but not leave or fight another kaiju because there are no more).

2 Likes

Yep. All that is left at that point are the other wizard modes via the power ups, and the final wizard mode (when that gets added)

Thanks for the answers. The rulesheet states “After collecting the final shot, or if time runs out, all progress will reset and the player will return to Tokyo with all three Annihilation Bonuses active.”

The “return to Tokyo” caused me to think the game would reset and start over after Planet X, but I wasn’t sure if failing out of X multiball changed anything, as the above describes successfully completing the multiball.

So Godzilla does have a hard ending like Jurassic Park?

As far as I know it’s more like Avengers Infinity Quest where after completing everything in the game, you’re basically locked out of everything that isn’t assembling the Avengers, Multiball or super modes. No hard ending.