Even though the game hasn't been released yet, I figured I would create a rulesheet containing all we know about the game's rules so far. As more people go out on location and play the game, and as Stern posts about the rules more, users can edit this post to add new information.
- FORCE 5-bank drop targets: A bank of 5 drop targets to the left of the game. Completing all 5 of the targets lights Mystery at the right scoop, increases the spinner value, and possibly does other things throughout the game.
- Left orbit: A shot that leads to the rollover lanes in the back of the game, and likely can also feed out of the right orbit. There is a spinner in front of the shot, which can be increased in value when the FORCE drop targets are completed. Has a mode shot arrow and a "X Multiplier" light.
- Left loop / jump ramp: On the Pro model of the game, this shot is a loop that feeds the ball to the right flipper at a fast speed. On the Premium / LE model, this shot can act as both a normal loop and a jump ramp that leads up to the Hyperdrive habitrail. This shot is likely the one used to light the Death Star modes. Has a mode shot arrow, a "X Multiplier" light, and a "Death Star" light.
- Death Star: On the Pro model of the game, this is a static toy that sits in the back of the game above the left loop shot. On the Premium / LE, the toy "explodes" during certain modes using a glittering cube and light display.
- Left ramp: A ramp that goes behind the back wall of the game and feeds the left flipper. This shot is likely the one used to light the Endor modes. Has a mode shot arrow, a "X Multiplier" light, an "Extra Ball" light, a "Super Jackpot" light, and an "Endor" light.
- TIE Fighter: This is a bobbling toy attached to a target. When the target below it is hit, the toy wobbles around to simulate an explosion. Can be lit with a "TIE Fighter" light.
- Right loop: The opposite side of the left loop, which sends the ball back to the left flipper. There is an up-post at this shot that holds the ball during events like Video Mode. This shot is likely the one used to light the Hoth modes. Has a mode shot arrow, a "X Multiplier" light, a "Video Mode" light, and a "Hoth" light.
- 3-bank standup targets: Three targets placed in front of an LCD screen. Completing the targets during normal play lights the X Multiplier shots. Each shot also has a red arrow.
- Right ramp: A ramp to the right of the standup targets that feeds the ball to the right flipper. Has a mode shot arrow and a "X Multiplier" light.
- Right orbit: A shot that leads to the rollover lanes in the back of the game, and can likely also feed the ball to the left flipper. Has a mode shot arrow and a "X Multiplier" light.
- Scoop: A saucer on the right side of the machine that kicks the ball out to the right flipper. This shot is likely the one used to light the Tatooine modes. Has a mode shot arrow, a "X Multiplier" light, a "Mystery" light, and a "Tatooine" light.
- Hyperdrive: This is a ramp exclusively on the Premium / LE models that loops the ball from right to left, located directly above the flippers. This ramp is fed to by the jump ramp at the left loop.
- Jedi Training targets: 5 small standup targets scattered throughout the game. Two are located to the left and right of the left loop shot, two are located to the left and right of the right orbit shot, and one is located directly above the right outlane. Each target has a "Jedi Training" light and a red arrow.
Choose Your Character: Similarly to the Doctors from Doctor Who or the Houses from Game of Thrones, Star Wars allows you to choose a character to play as at the start of a game. Each character has special benefits that help you out through gameplay.
- Luke: "Good with the Force" (I'm assuming this has something to do with the FORCE drop targets? Not sure though)
- Leia: "Good with Missions" (likely higher scores in modes or easier to complete modes)
- R2-D2: "Good with Multipliers" (both shot multipliers and bonus multipliers?)
- Han Solo: "Good with Outwitting Bounty Hunters" (likely has to do with hurry-up modes or the Escape from Boba Fett mode)
Skill Shot: Rumored to be a shot from the plunger to the drop targets, like in Elvis. You can also choose what reward you want to obtain from the skill shot before making it by using the flipper buttons. The skill shot rewards change depending on which character you choose to play as; for instance, if you play as Han Solo, one of the awards might be lighting the Escape from Boba Fett mode instantly.
(more coming soon)