Star Trek Wiki

Modes

General Mode Strategy
Shoot the matching colored shot for the modes to earn points. Combos double points that would’ve been earned. Once you hit one shot you can shoot the ‘Away Team’ shot, which adds 20 seconds and changes the primary objective of the mode to some specific shots. Usually, it’s a pretty good idea to do so.

When a mode ends you should start the Mission Start (far left and far right, under flipper) shots to start the next mode.

It’s always a good idea to hold off on starting a multiball until JUST after you’ve started a mode. This allows you to complete the mode while in multiball play.

Modes
Prime Directive: Shooting shots X,Y and Z awards X points. Galactic = top (bonus X) lanes. Completing the level 3 mode awards 2x on the Left scoop for the remainder of the game.

Space Jump: Shooting shots X,Y and Z awards X points. Galactic = Vengeance drop target. Completing the level 3 mode awards 2x on the Right Orbit for the remainder of the game.

Save the Enterprise: Shooting shots X,Y and Z awards X points. Galactic = Warp ramp. Completing the level 3 mode awards 2x on the Right ramp

Nero: Shooting shots X,Y and Z awards X points. Galactic = Red Matter standups. Completing the level 3 mode awards 2x on the Left Orbit.

Destroy the Drill: Shooting shots X,Y and Z awards X points. Galactic = Spinner. Completing the level 3 mode awards 2x on the Warp Ramp.

Klingon Battle: Shooting shots X,Y and Z awards X points. Galactic = left/right ramps. Completing the level 3 mode awards 2x on the Left ramp

Medals

Medals (and points) are awarded for how well you play each mode (bronze/silver/gold). After completing all modes a “medal bonus collect/jackpot” is awarded when you start the mini wizard mode. This value can be doubled if 2x is running.

Set of 6 Bronze medals when starting Kobayashi Maru = 10M. Otherwise, each bronze is worth 1M up to a set.
Set of 6 Silver medals when starting Kobayashi Maru = 20M. Otherwise, each silver is 2M up to a set.
Set of 6 Gold medals when starting Kobayashi Maru = 35M. Otherwise, each gold is 3.5M up to a set.
Set of 6 Bronze medals when starting Enterprise Amok = 15M
Set of 6 Silver medals when starting Enterprise Amok = 30M
Set of 6 Gold medals when starting Enterprise Amok = 50M

For Level One modes:
Typically, to earn the Bronze you need three shots.
Then to earn Silver you need three more shots.
Then to earn gold, you need five(?) additional shots.

Unless you make the Galactic Away Team shot. In GAT, there are less shots available that are worth more points. It also takes less shots for you to medal.

Special Case: For Space Jump, making the GAT shot leaves only the Vengeance shot available as the last shot. Making it will give the the next higher medal award automatically, and the mode ends. However, this does mean if you shoot the GAT shot before getting a silver medal, you can’t get the gold medal for that mode.

Medal values appear to double if you combo into the shot that gives you the medal. For example: Comboing into the third shot will give you double the value for the bronze medal. This value will be doubled again if you have Double Scoring running. Example: I have received a Gold Medal worth 8.4 Million points.

Level Two and Three modes: Now things start to get real. To medal, you can’t just make any shots. You need to make the correct, better shots that are indicated by the multi-color arrows. Making incorrect shots may lock you out of better medals.

Special Case #2: Klingon Multiball
If you collect the Double Super Jackpot you will also receive a single, gold medal.

Captain’s Chair

Completing any three same-level modes in a line enables captain’s chair. You’ll either be awarded Super Ramps (right three), Super Spinner (bottom three), or Super Bumpers (left three). Captain’s Chair remains live until you finish that mini-mode (it remains on across balls). You can only get Captain’s Chair once per rack, but if you finish two at the same time, you will get both awards.

Warp Ramp Awards

By default:

Warp 4 = Extra Ball
Warp 9.1 = double scoring for 60 seconds
Warp 9.9 = Doubles scoring for 60 seconds and ball added but you continue in single ball play

Multiballs

The black hole shot to the right of Vengeance will add-a-ball once during multiball when it is lit. Light it by shooting the ‘red matter’ targets around the play field that you’ve ultimately hit plenty of times cause you’re bad and you missed the ramps and loops.

Klingon multiball
3 green standups light locks at vengeance/left scoop. Lock 3 balls to start klingon multiball. All shots are lit for jackpot - 6th jackpot is a Super Jackpot worth 6.25 Million. 12th jackpot is another Super Jackpot worth 10 Million. This is followed by a travelling Double Jackpot worth 4 Million. Finally, the warp ramp with light for a Double Super Jackpot worth 20 Million. You will also receive a single, gold medal. Then, the Multiball process repeats.

Other multi balls includes Vengeance Multiball, Kobayashi Maru, Enterprise Amok, and Five Year Mission. Described below.

Vengeance

Hit Vengeance X number of times (or use torpedoes) to light Vengeance Mode

Vengeance mode 1 is “Vengeance Multiball.” Hit the magnet-held ball at multiball start to add-a-ball and extend ball save time. Shots to Vengeance and lit white shots do damage and award points. Defeating Vengeance awards 5M.

Vengeance mode 2 is “Vengeance Scoring” which is a hurry up mode - 5 shots to destroy vengeance - destroying vengeance awards EB.

Vengeance mode 3 is “Vengeance Battle.” Shoot the Vengeance 5 times to raise the drop target. Shooting the drop target down gives you a very limited time to shoot the Vengeance for 10% of total score. If time runs out, the drop target with re-raise and you must hit it again to lower it.10% value is affected by combo (20%) and/or double scoring (up to 40%)

Torpedo standups when completed add 3 torpedoes, torpedoes accumulated are shown by the line of yellow triangles on the playfield, can be used by pressing the fire button to score Vengeance hits.

Mini wizard modes

Kobayashi Maru - Started by completing all level 1 modes
Starting KM will award you a medal bonus. It’s a 2 ball multiball with all shots lit. Each shot requires 2 shots to clear it out… first shot is nominal points (250K?), second shot is based on your performance in the corresponding level 1 mode (color coding tells you which mode). Clearing them all out allows you to continue in single ball play even though you have 2 balls active on the playfield. Shots in this mode max at 7.5M.

Enterprise Amok - Started by completing all level 2 modes
Medal bonus?
Scoring?

Five Year Mission - Started by completing all level 3 modes
Medal bonus?
Scoring?

I moved EB from Warp 4 to Warp 3… unless this changed in the most recent code revision. In that case I apologize :slight_smile:

er, we seem to be editing at same time

35M for a set of gold in KM. 1M for each bronze, 2m for each silver, 3.5M for each gold. (h/t @FunWithBonus)

wow yeah, all my edits went away

anyway, something I noticed last night was that a silver medal award during a mode was worth more than a gold. either because I got the silver on a combo doubler or because silver is cumulative based on number of silvers obtained so far.

35M for a gold set, thanks. I was not sure as I don’t seem to get into to KM with a full set of gold.
This might have been mentioned before, but a strategy to maximize sets of medals would be to hold off on starting KM until you have completed enough level 2 modes to complete the set of gold.
KBII for the easy gold.

@bdols Medal awards are affected by combo and double scoring. BTW, I put in a couple of edits for Klingon MB and Vengeance 3

I had some fun with Klingon MB in a finals match last night. I was down to my last jackpot in the second wave, so I picked off a few warp ramps to get double scoring running. Then combo’d a Klingon double super jack for 80M!

“Medals (and points) are awarded for how well you play each mode (bronze/silver/gold).”

Can someone clarify what “how well” means? I see Steve’s post above says they’re affected by combos and double scoring but how exactly? For example, what do you have to do to earn a silver vs. a bronze? And then how would you get a gold vs. a silver?

Unfortunately, I can’t be as certain in describing how well you need to do. I’ll do my best based on what I’ve noticed so far while playing, and hopefully someone can follow with corrections.

For Level One modes:
Typically, to earn the Bronze you need three shots.
Then to earn Silver you need three more shots.
Then to earn gold, you need five(?) additional shots.

Unless you make the Galactic Away Team shot. In GAT, there are less shots available that are worth more points. It also takes less shots for you to medal.

Special Case: For Space Jump, making the GAT shot leaves only the Vengeance shot available as the last shot. Making it will give the the next higher medal award automatically, and the mode ends. However, this does mean if you shoot the GAT shot before getting a silver medal, you can’t get the gold medal for that mode.

Medal values appear to double if you combo into the shot that gives you the medal. For example: Comboing into the third shot will give you double the value for the bronze medal. This value will be doubled again if you have Double Scoring running. Example: I have received a Gold Medal worth 8.4 Million points.

Level Two and Three modes: Now things start to get real. To medal, you can’t just make any shots. You need to make the correct, better shots that are indicated by the multi-color arrows. Making incorrect shots may lock you out of better medals.

Special Case #2: Klingon Multiball
If you collect the Double Super Jackpot you will also receive a single, gold medal.

I’ll just add that the status screens show you what the next medal involves, but be warned that there is a game bug/default setting(?) that makes the double flip select the mode for you if the ball is in the shooter lane.

[quote=“FunWithBonus, post:11, topic:456, full:true”]
Unfortunately, I can’t be as certain in describing how well you need to do. I’ll do my best based on what I’ve noticed so far while playing, and hopefully someone can follow with corrections…[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for that! I went ahead and added it to the main “wiki” post above. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to try some of this out at league tonight. :slight_smile:

Holy crap! I always just used Klingon as a way to burn level 1 modes for easy golds; that is awesome. :smile:

It might be worth mentioning that the EB for warps actually an auto-adjusting variable amount sort of like the replay score. If you cash it in regularly it will be up to 5 or 6 warps to get the extra ball before you know it.

If I remember correctly, it’s actually an adjustment: it can be set to a fixed number of Warps, or set to auto-adjust to (presumably) keep the extra ball percentage in line with the desired EB percentage, which is adjusted elsewhere. It’s been as high as 17 on my game.

Yup, it can be set to a fixed number between 3 and 18, or turned off, but the auto-adjust is the factory setting.

In a competitive heads up situation, or a match play where you NEED to win, what some of the best options of directions to go after you have finished kobayashi maru?

Had the situation come up recently and I was dumbfounded as to what to do next.

How far into the Vengeance modes were you? Because, that.

EDIT: You’d also want to make sure you polish off the super ramps, super jets, and super spinner if not done already. I guess there could be one of these with a bunch of point potential left.

Which modes would you go for? Enterprise amok? Or start going through your level 3s