PAPA tutorial edit schedule

Man, what do you got against bicycle girl :wink:

1 Like

There’s several differences to how things are processed, but Jay’s correct; the biggest difference is lighting.

1 Like

Just ain’t worth it no more. Unless there’s something I’m missing about it, it seems like small points now…

Easy Multikill advance

2 Likes

Ah, yeah. Where’s that list of what gives multikill advances again? It doesn’t seem to advance the multikill value by a lot, just gets you closer to Horde.

Walking Dead wiki rulesheet Gives a great list of the multi kill starts, thanks to the maintainers of that thread!

List of game objectives that qualify Multi-Kill’s:

Three Barn shots during Barn mode.
Three CDC ramps during CDC mode.
Completing CDC mode.
Three Riot shots during Riot mode.
Two Tunnel shots during Tunnel mode.
Completing Tunnel mode.
Two Arena ramps during Arena mode.
Completing Arena mode.
Completing the Bicycle Girl hurryup.
Clearing the drop target bank 10 times.
Clearing the drop target bank three times during Blood Bath.
Scoring three jackpots during Well Walker multiball.
Scoring four jackpots during Prison multiball.
Completing three crossbow shots.
Collecting the Start Multi-Kill award.

5 Likes

@bkerins Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere and I missed it, but I would love to hear the story about transporting a live game of Road Show ~800 miles from the Grand Canyon to San Francisco.

When that video cut to ball 3 with the bridge in the background, I literally exclaimed “OH MY GOD” out loud at my desk. Unbelievable. So absurd. AND you made it to Super Payday!

I mean, it’s basically the Citizen Kane of pinball tutorials.

2 Likes

My wife and I drove across the country to broadcast INDISC a few years ago and had all the equipment in the car. Bowen flew into Phoenix for the tail end of the trip, and we figured - why not? The game was powered off of an inverter hooked to the car battery, which, in addition to proving the point of how little they’re needed to play the game successfully, was a reason they were disabled. Overall, there was a little bit of planning involved with the tutorial, but it was more of an afterthought to INDISC and some other video projects than anything. We figured it would be fun to try, and if anything came of it, all the better.

The most interesting part of the tutorial for me personally is while on location, not only was Bowen not using the two upper flippers, but if he ever pressed both flippers at the same time the game would reset. Pay attention during multiball, and you can see how careful he is to keep that from happening. When we were doing the Denver shoot, he laboriously set the game state and matched the score three times in a row and for whatever reason decided to check the status report prior to plunging ball 1… reset… bowen swearing… losing sunlight. It was pretty comical.

There were multiple outtakes at the Grand Canyon and in San Francisco where people stopped to talk and ruined an attempt. It was hell hauling the game around, but in the end it turned out to be fairly entertaining.

20 Likes

Correct: bicycle girl primary use now is advancing toward Horde, or an easy requalifying of multi kill when you don’t have multi kill currently running.

Any new pinball tutorial is “a good thing”. Looking forward to some of the Full Throttle play. Shooting for the blinky things is easy to see in FT because it is so bright. Fast Fast game…vroomm…

Quick Q regarding Multikills: Is there any difference between having one, or more than one, multikill running simultaneously?

From what I understand, the multikill shots are cumulative throughout the game. If you qualify two multikills in one ball, the second value will be added to the initial multikill. Don’t know if more than one yellow light will be lit though…

COME ON! This makes it so much better.

I can’t wait for the gripping conclusion of TRON. That game is tough!

Thanks, and this is definitely @mhs’s doing, not mine. It’s funny that everyone including him thinks we were in Denver, though :wink:

Note for future road trippers: check to see what happens on low line voltage before driving game 2000+ miles.

1 Like

Re: multi-kills… No. At least not that I’m aware of. You will only have one yellow MK shot lit at one time, even if you’ve qualified multiple MK’s in one ball. And that one MK shot value is simply based on 1/20th of your cumulative mode scoring. This is why I’ve suggested a code/rules improvement that if you qualify more than one MK in a ball, that any MK shots should count for MULTIPLE walker hits – since it’s called a “multi” kill. :wink: So, has anyone made it to Last Man Standing yet?

For further discussion, let’s move this to the TWD Wiki thread, or the Last Man Standing thread above.
http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/?source_topic_id=930

1 Like

As soon as I get the go-ahead from the Heighway crew, the Full Throttle tutorial will be released.

Up next on the edit schedule is JackBot, which will be finished sometime next week, then Tron.

The next filming session should take place in November and will include Wizard of Oz and either WPT or X-Men (or both), depending on Bowen’s preference. After that, I’ll ask here again for more opinions on what to add to the future schedule.

8-Ball Deluxe gameplay is also in the tank and will be uploaded whenever I get a free few hours of available processing time.

9 Likes

Thanks, those past few tutorials have been really cool, and I can’t wait for the ones you already got in the pipeline.

Quick question: Is there a reason why it sometimes takes a long time until tournament footage gets uploaded to YouTube? As far as I can tell, there isn’t any editing work that has to be done for those. I’m just asking, because I’m watching the EXPO2015 stream right now, and I’m really looking forward to adding those games to the archive.

Processing broadcast videos isn’t all that high of a priority in the grand scheme of the many projects we / I have going on. If people want to watch, they can do so when the video is created live, which is the overall intent of broadcasting something live. Otherwise, the 10+GB files get transferred, processed, and uploaded when I have time.

The tutorial and gameplay vids typically get far more views, so they are priority when I have the extra time.

4 Likes

Fair enough. The Youtube uploads are fresh-from-disk, rather than crossloaded from Twitch?

As someone in a timezone that mostly doesn’t allow me to watch live (GMT+9), I’m one of the ones that does watch the youtube uploads…

2 Likes