James Bond 007 Rulesheet

I can’t speak to the other players as we were just all on the same page to stay in the pops at all costs. I was shooting the ball to the pops from the flippers.

1 Like

Played for the first time last night. I discovered that it’s very possible to get the Eyes Only skill shot into the DB5 eject by doing the “double dead bounce” trick, like is common on Metallica. It was a bit tricky to measure the plunge on the copy I played. But it was almost a full plunge to nail it, so it could be quite reliable on some copies.

1 Like

I’ve seen that super skill shot light come on in purple mid-ball during multiball starts, ostensibly indicating that the car will award a skill shot then. I’m not sure if it will award the skill shot points if you hit the shot quickly enough before too many switch hits

1 Like

On the pro I play, a full pull goes to the right lane every time. So if that lane is lit for the unassisted skill shot, I go for that. I can also nal the left lane pretty consistently on a soft plunge, so if that’s lit, I go for it. Middle lane lit I move it as needed to get the cheaper skill shot.

Once in the pops, I nudge as much as the game will take. Have gotten 20M three times in one visit. Because pops pause ball save timer, once the ball leaves the pops, I let it drain to recycle back to the top. Pops and bonus x are worth too much (said Captain obvious).

I too have seen the purple super skill shot flash at the beginning of MB, but haven’t cashed it yet.

Version 0.80 is up on Stern’s site. Here’s the README for the Pro version:

-  Fixed a bug where SPECTRE Weapons would reset after 4 modes were played instead of 5.
 -  Fixed a bug in Radio Reconnaissance where the game played the wrong award
    speech phrase after making 4 award shots.
 -  Added award speech to Radio Reconnaissance for finishing the mode.
 -  Added "Green" arrows to the Feeding Frenzy award lightshows.
 -  Changed adjustment mode names to be consistent with the actual mode names that appear
    during game play.
 -  Enhanced the Feeding Frenzy background/award lightshows.
 -  Now it takes 9 shots to complete Diamonds of Destruction.
 -  Changed the rules for Diamonds of Destruction.  The Left Eject, Center Shot, and Right
    ramp are lit for an award.  One of the three shots is blinking and is worth a 2X score
    award.  The spinner moves the blinking shot.
 -  Changed the rules for Feeding Frenzy.  Make 9 drop target/rocket hits to complete the mode.
    Hitting the Rocket awards 2X scores (and resets the drop targets) while a hitting a drop target
    awards a 1X score. (Note: hitting 2 drops at once  awards a single 1X score).   Default time to
    finish the mode is 40 seconds.
 -  Bird One Multiball is disabled from advancing while Feeding Frenzy is active.
 -  Fixed a bug where the display would temporarily display a Gray Screen when transitioning
    from one display effect to another.
 -  Added flash sequence to the Deadly Dagger award videos
 -  Added Follow-Up mode completion videos and synced speech to Diamonds of Destruction
    and Deadly Dagger.
 -  Changed the ending video graphics sequence for completing Diamonds of Destruction.
 -  Changed the rules for Death by Derby.  Now the side ramp is lit for a 2X countdown award
    while the DB5 is lit for a 1X countdown award.
 -  Now the Q-Branch Timer is displayed in both background/award display effects.
 -  Changed the rules for Troublesome Tarantulas.  Now the side ramp is lit for
    a 2X countdown award while the right ramp is lit for a 1X countdown award.
 -  Added logic to the Deadly Dagger background lamp effect to better render solid/blinking
    arrow lights.
 -  Changed the alternate Deadly Dagger background video clip to be more immersive.
 -  Now the Deadly Dagger blinking arrow shot scores 2X.
 -  Added logic to play an alternate Deadly Dagger background video clip.
 -  Changed Deadly Dagger SFX/music/speech to have different volume levels.
 -  Added logic to Sinister Summit to ignore recent rocket hits.
 -  Added time to Deadly Dagger Countdown.
 -  Updated Deadly Dagger artwork to sync with gunshot SFX timing.
 -  Removed a SFX  from the Deadly Dagger award.
 -  Added synced Deadly Dagger SFX, speech, and background/award videos and accompanying
    game logic.
 -  Default time for Deadly Dagger is now 24 seconds (+4 second intro).
 -  Fixed an Arrange Usual Reception Please looping background video.
 -  Added louder/reworked Arrange Usual Reception Please Award SFX.
 -  Added Arrange Usual Reception Please Award SFX.
 -  Fixed a bug in Arrange Usual Reception Please where the first digit of some score awards
    was not being displayed.
 -  Changed score award animations that play during a Feeding Frenzy display award.
 -  Fixed a bug where the follow-up speech in Diamonds of Destruction played the wrong
    speech phrase.
 -  Added a new/longer Deadly Dagger tune.
 -  Added a looping background satellite video to Diamonds of Destruction.
 -  Added Deadly Dagger as an available SPECTRE weapon.
 -  Added Diamonds of Destruction Intro/Award/Total SFX.
 -  Added logic to combine the award/total display effect for Deadly Dagger.
 -  Added logic to handle active modes when multiball events start.
 -  Added a new Diamonds of Destruction tune.
 -  Changed which score award animations are shown during Diamonds of Destruction.
 -  Removed unused sound calls from Diamonds of Destruction.
 -  Added an additional Diamonds of Destruction award video (and accompanying speech).
 -  Now the Diamonds of Destruction background video display effect will play a video clip
    based upon the progress of completing the mode.
 -  Updated a Femme Fatale looping background video.
 -  Added synced speech to the Diamonds of Destruction mode display effects including
    start/award/background/total/followup speech calls.
 -  Changed default time to complete the Diamonds of Destruction mode.
 -  Added Intro/award/total video clips for Diamonds of Destruction
 -  Added Diamonds of Destruction speech FX.
 -  Added Diamonds of Destruction as an available Villain mode (i.e. collect Mr. Henderson)
 -  Added logic to the Diamonds of Destruction rule to display the intro, 8 new display awards,
    and a new completed/total display effect.
 -  Villain and Henchman modes now use the correct mode color in the status bar for the
    Mode Start wizard rule screen.
 -  Fixed mode names for Bath-O-Sub Bash and Radioactive Reconnaissance start display effects.
 -  Updates to Sinister Summit mode
    - Hitting the tank target locks shots in. These shots score like normal mode shots.
    - Added background additional light effects to indicate which shots are locked in
      with a pulsing light effect.
    - Updated the roving shot arrow to skip shots that are locked in. Tank target cannot
      lock in shots when the roving arrow could not move to a new shot.
    - The tank target will no longer add shots when the number of shots lit on the playfield
      would exceed the number remaining in the mode.
    - Shooting the roving shots when the shots are "maxed" will remove the last roving shot added via the tank target.
    - Added the Rocket Shot - Moves shots clockwise by 1.
    - Added support for the "earliest" shot for bonus scoring.
    - Added tracking for most recent earliest shot with shots shifting when the rocket is hit.
 -  Changed Grand Champion (and other highest score initials to GG/George).
 -  Added logic to limit the amount of time the Bottom Lane Up Post is raised during Ball Search.
 -  Added a revised Feeding Frenzy Intro SFX to better match the intro display visuals.
 -  Added new Feeding Frenzy background music (with water SFX mixed into the music).
 -  Added Feeding Frenzy award SFX.
 -  Added score animations to Feeding Frenzy
 -  Added score animations to Arrange Usual Reception Please.
 -  Added Feeding Frenzy intro/completed speech/video assets and associated logic.
 -  Changed Feeding Frenzy synced award speech to better match associated videos.
 -  Added Feeding Frenzy award/follow-up speech assets and logic to play the assets.
 -  Added revised Feeding Frenzy award videos.
 -  Added logic to insure the rocket hit progress display effect is displayed for a minimum of 1.5 seconds.
 -  Added a new Rocket Fly-in video (seen when hitting the rocket).
 -  Installed a new Feeding Frenzy looping background display effect video.
 -  Added Arrange Usual Reception Please & Feeding Frenzy to the list of available modes to play.
 -  Fixed a rocket display effect priority.
 -  Fixed an issue where super pop hits remaining was being displayed instead of progress towards
    lighting Q Branch.  This occurred while super pops were active.

The Premium & LE README adds a little more:

-  Removed the magnet from being turned on during Jetpack Motor Test.
 -  Now the Jetpack diagnostic text waits for startup to finish and clears "Finding Home" time out errors.
 -  Fixed a bug where the Jetpack did not pick up the ball at the start of Jetpack Multiball, i.e.
    the back panel up post released the held ball too early.

We had 85 players at our launch party tournament. Maybe 110 players in the place for the night. The bond high score for the night was around 150-160 mil

Yeah, saw that too. Didn’t get a chance to test it, though.

Is there something to High Stakes I’m not getting? It feels like sometimes I’ll get way better mystery awards from there than others - part of me thinks it’s because I completed BOND more than twice before scoring it, but maybe it’s just truly random?

I Found a Easter egg

If you hit the left ramp , but so weak that it doesn’t even go up the ramp, but into the pops, you are awarded Plutonium Power Points at 20 million. I don’t know if you can aim for it, but it’s cool :slight_smile:

Nope, Pollonium Power Points is awarded after getting enough spinner hits after collecting everything else you can from there, just like the bumpers. I’ve gotten the weak feeds into the bumpers before and it just treats it as a normal thing.

2 Likes

Thanks

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question, especially since I only have been able to play a handful of games on location, and so, I would maybe have found out by myself if I’d played more.

It seems to me that modes and multiballs are not stackable (yet?): when I started a mode and then a multiball, the shots associated with the mode unlit and the onscreen indications disappeared. Is that the case?

I also suspect that is what the phrase “Mode stacking will be made more consistent” refers to in the rulesheet but I wanted to be sure.

(And I would conclude that for the time being, it’s better not to start a MB if you’re in a mode)

Can anyone give me a short breakdown of how to play this machine in a tournament?

.80 code is basically MB and pops all day. No stacking of modes and MB, so if you’ve started a major villain, you don’t want to try to bring a MB in as it will end the mode. I did have a lot of points the other day off of radioactive recon. It seems to work like “Where’s Barb” on STh. I finished the mode on one or two shots and it was worth 40m (or something around there).

2 Likes

@SamB

Rumour is coming out that the licensor does not want content from one film being combined with content from another film. So if there’s a mode based on Thunderball, they don’t want that to be stackable with a multiball based on You Only Live Twice. How much this will bottleneck the code in the long term is obviously yet to be determined. But I’d say this prediction makes sense looking at the software as it stands now.

1 Like

Can’t remember which mode it is, but the orange arrow mode seams to stack with bird MB. Can’t tell if the mode shots count during MB, but it continues to run after MB is over.

At the start of bird MB, you need to make three upper loop or side ramp shots to earn the MB restart. You get about 10 seconds to make the shots or they stop flashing. During this time, let all balls below the upper flipper drain (to be auto plunged back to upper flipper) until you complete the three shots. Lights will stop flashing after you collect three or it times out. Ball saver will always last longer than flashing shots.

Same strategy can also be used at the start of jetpack MB to get the two harder shots completed while the ball saver is running. Jetpack super is 40M+.

The MB restart seems to be a hit-and-miss for me. I have clearly hit both a couple of times and I don’t get a restart, but sometimes it seems to work. Maybe the rollover on clean shots in the loop isn’t triggered always.

You need to hit any combination of the two shots a total of three times in order to get the restart. Hitting each shot once isn’t enough; you’ll still need one more. Or shoot just one of the shots three times. (I’m assuming that by “a couple of times” you mean on a couple of different games, and not that you’ve hit them both a bunch while they’re flashing during one multiball.)

That’s what I remember from what George Gomez described on the Dead Flip stream, but I haven’t tested it out myself.

1 Like

Thank you, I got that wrong, I thought I need each one once, and even in the post above it’s clearly stated that I need 3. Having a senior moment here!