INDISC 2020 - 'The OPEN' IFPA Championship! - Trivia channel

Congrats Jared Schmidt!
Well done!
Dialed In added to The Open!

Ok…that was fast… Let’s do some more!

Scroll up or down 4 rules.

Ok…here we go…good luck!

Clue #1: The Russians are coming, get to safety.

Sinbad?

Whirlwind

INDISC High Stakes Trivia… Starts today at 4pm pst! :slight_smile:

2nd clue time!

Ok…here we go…good luck!

Clue #2: Famous Schwarzenegger line

Last Action Hero

Omg Michael Palero won a trivia!! Well done sir!

Rescue 911 added to The Open!

Welcome to INDISC High Stakes Trivia!

The rules: each day, you get one guess of the set of 7 machines which will be used in the high stakes bank. The first person with the correct set-of-7 guess wins. In the event that no one guesses all 7 correctly, the earliest guess with the most correct machines wins. If we go several days with too few good partial guesses, we might give additional hints. No one will be told how many machines, if any, were correct in their guesses.

Games can be from ANY era. Remember, ONE guess per day. Time clock for daily guesses resets at 4 P.M. Pacific Time each day.

All persons attending INDISC / The Open are eligible to play, even if they have played and won or “maxed out” during the regular trivia. Regular trivia will continue until all remaining games in the other banks have been revealed.

High Stakes Trivia prize is a $50 high stakes entry card!

Ready? Here goes! Good luck (you’ll need it!).

Here in SoCal, we can still have fun outdoors in the winter, so yesterday morning, Jim and I went out for a round of golf. [Bet you didn’t know we played; neither did we.] I had a good round – I shot something in the low 80’s – but Jim really smoked me. He had a clean card except for the 17th hole, a par 3, where he put his tee shot in the water. He made his up-and-down from the drop zone, but I’d hit the green and I two-putted to win the hole. Anyway, as we were coming around the pond towards the green, I spotted some kind of animal lying in the grass at the pond’s edge. It didn’t look right, so I went over for a closer inspection. It turned out to be an Iguana. They’re not native to our area, so I assumed it must be someone’s pet that had wandered over to the course from one of the nearby homes. Since our round was almost over and my wife’s a veterinarian, I gathered the creature up to take it over to the clinic where she was working that day to have her look at it. It put up no resistance, and we got to the clinic about half an hour later.

My wife looked the iguana over and said, “I think it ate something it shouldn’t have. I’ll need to operate quickly.” Jim headed on home [$50 richer, just enough for one high stakes ticket], while I stayed at the clinic. An hour or so later, my wife came out with the verdict. “The iguana will be fine. Sure enough, it was what it ate – junk food – onion Rings, chicken Nuggets, Doritos, stuff like that. I cleaned it all out and sewed her back up.” [She uses stitches for surgical closure, not Staples]. “I checked and yes, it has a microchip, so I have a phone number to contact the owner.”

Sure enough, the number was that of someone living in one of the homes along the 16th fairway, and yes, their iguana had gone missing that morning. I returned their pet to the relieved owner; he’s not into traditional pets, no dogs or cats, just the iguana and a couple of rabbits.

So, it was a happy ending all around; Jim played well and made a few bucks, the owner is back together with his now-healed pet, and my wife and I did our “good deed for the day.”

OK, everybody, Ready. Set. Let the solving begin!

Your Quizmeister,

BMU

Fore
NBA Fastbreak
Hokus Pokus
Grand Lizard
Big Buck Hunter
Earthshaker
Who Dunnit

Time for some more regular trivia!

You know the rules.

Ok…here we go…good luck!

Clue #1: Let’s go Starr Trekking, kid

Meteor!

Time Warp

Nine Ball

Road Kings

HS:
Wipe Out
Laser Cue
Radical!
Creature from the black lagoon
Dr Dude
Lord of the Rings
Big buck hunter

2nd clue time for our regular trivia!

You know the rules.

Ok…here we go…good luck!

Clue#2: ‘New compound four level scoring’

Congrats to Tracy Lindbergh!! Well done!

4 Square added to Classics!

1 Like

More regular trivia!!

You know the rules.

Ok…here we go…good luck!

Clue #1: My lead singer needs this suit fitted a.s.a.p. for her nightclub act

Lady Luck