Ghostbusters Pinball Rulesheet

Here the shoot again light goes on during gozer collect.
https://clips.twitch.tv/GrotesqueCrepuscularVampireLitFam
https://clips.twitch.tv/JollyBovineBeeMoreCowbell

Here it goes on during stay puft
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundCrowdedGoshawkAsianGlow

And then storage facility jackpots here.
http://www.twitch.tv/gammagoat/v/486789200?sr=a&t=1398s

That’s the whole video link also

1 Like

And new code hasn’t changed this much, if at all.

Can’t believe the 10% of your score is still in there

I would love to see the 10% + 10% (from right orbit), go away, particularly since the new code is so much higher scoring. Once you’ve had a good ball, there’s no reason to consider anything else for the rest of the game in terms of skill shots. Not only is it the most powerful, but it’s also the easiest shot in the game.

Overall, I’m loving the new code…it actually encourages me to play through the game! I was concerned that the multipliers would be too easy to get, and they are, but it doesn’t feel game breaking because you basically always have them around (as long as you’re aware and willing to take a one shot detour).

2 Likes

Do you also get an extra 10% if you get the top skill shot? So the max could be 30% of your score now?

Actually good question. Not sure.

Oh, yikes. I hope not. I’ll try and figure this out later. I’ll be streaming the new code tonight around 7:30 MST with @snowgalvin of the Colorado Pinball Collective. If I remember, I’ll come back and post the link.

I thought I wouldn’t like having a top and bottom skillshot, but it encourages you not to spend all day short plunging. Take the top one, validate the playfield, and then get a bottom one too.

Yes, this is true. Started a ball with 644m. Made top lane skillshot and then had 711m. Made right orbit skillshot and my total was 863m.

Actually, to be more precise, you’re actually getting 32% of your score. You get the top lane 10% first, and then the 20% from the right lane is multiplying that. (Example: 10m + 10% => 11m. Then 11m + 20% → 13.2m).

ACTUALLY, the math is fuzzy because the game is awarding additional base points for the skillshot (1m or so?) and it could also be awarding other points (for starting a mode or something) but you can’t see because of the animations on the screen. It’s entirely possible that the second award isn’t 20%, it might award 10% twice, which would be: 10m → 11m → 12.1m → 13.31m, which is 33.1%. My 644m → 711m → 863m example above would be a closer fit to the 10% + 10% + 10% theory (vs 10% + 20%).

3 Likes

Streaming now. Come ask questions and help us figure this out. https://www.twitch.tv/coloradopinball

In the next update I will remove the +10% skill shot option and I will reduce the points you get for getting a skill shot from 10 to 5%.

13 Likes

I like this. My biggest complaint about the previous versions of GB code is that the skillshot is too important. This proposed change as well as the removal of the video mode skillshot are both welcome changes. Thanks Dwight!

Love this Dwight. Our final game of a five hour stream last night ended with me down to my last ball, trailing by almost 300m. Skill shot to the right orbit gave me the win. A little anticlimactic for sure :slightly_smiling_face:

I still think it’s too easy to get into PF multipliers…

@Dwight an idea I just thought about…what about making each subsequent Advance Multipliers require one additional L ramp to proton stand ups combo? Perhaps to some maximum of 4 or 5. So the first time is just one L ramp to proton. 2nd advance multiplier in your game is two of them (one L ramp to proton combo, followed by another of the same—not two L ramps in succession, followed by one proton shot )

Thoughts?

1 Like

I’m torn about this one. It seems like it would make sense to make them more difficult, but it also has huge potential to put you in jail if you blow the first or second opportunity.

Will also be difficult to communicate to the player.

I have some issues with that idea. The main one is I really like how difficult it is to get a multiplier. Each multiplier currently takes two risky shots to start. Four for 6X in a timely fashion.

My experience is that the risk is pretty low. You’re shooting the left ramp a lot anyway, and that’s easy/safe, so it’s just a one shot detour to light a multiplier (and often encompasses four targets…the three standups and the captive ball). From there, you can explicitly start them, or just wait for a miss or a save to start one or both accidentally.

Having 2, 3, or 6x running for the entirety of every multiball is almost a gimme.

(But I’m not suggesting that it should be changed…just that it’s easier and less risky than it appears).

What do you have to do to requalify the ramp/proton combo for the multiplier shots? There are times in which shooting the left ramp isn’t activating the proton targets.

In multiball, you can’t use the gear/proton targets, you have to use the captive ball.

(If you’re in single ball play and 6x is already lit, then the ramp won’t activate the gear targets either).

A few other things I’ve noticed…

I played a Storage Facility lasting about 2 minutes and 10 seconds. Hard to tell perfectly with insert animations that the ball save light (even when there isn’t an active ball save), but rewatching the tape, I only see about 25 seconds of that entire 130 where the ball saver wasn’t running. Continually shooting balls into the right saucer seems like the strategy.

Not sure if this is only an issue on the Pro, but during Storage Facility, slimer is lowered the whole time, which makes it quite difficult to shoot the 3x. I probably didn’t notice this in previous code because 6x storage facility was significantly less likely (and I would try to use the 6x on something else), but I would say it’s nearly impossible to hit the 3x skillfully on my machine when slimer is lowered. Maybe it’s not worth trying to fix…or maybe slimer should go up and down, so a well timed shot could get you to 6x.

Scolerri brothers no longer 3x SJP score? Has to be some value to knocking them down IMO.

3x and 2x supers no longer exist. Knocking down the Scoleri brothers lights the ramp for 3 SJPs, but you have to collect them one at a time (ie: on three separate ramp shots).