Ghostbusters Pinball Rulesheet

Ugh, rather just have 3x

2 Likes

I played a couple games yesterday. Overall I love the new code!
It seems like scoring is a lot more linear (as opposed to previous long sessions in jail followed by points bonanza). This also means multiple viable strategies exist, which is something I LOVE in a pin.

It seems like ghost collection totally freezes after 60 but before completing Loopin’ Supers. So, imagine you have 59 ghosts, then start Stay Puft. You will quickly hit 60 ghosts playing the mode. Now, near the end of the mode, you might start Storage MB. At some point during MB, you finish Stay Puft and qualify WCWS. After storage MB, the ramp is lit and starts WCWS (Not Loopin’) so you play that MB until eventually you’re back to single ball. Now the ramp is lit and starts Loopin’ Supers which goes for a while. Only now do you finally get to catch your 61st ghost! I could have misinterpreted what the game was doing but I think I did exactly this situation and was a bit sore I had not advanced any ghosts.

One thing I think would be REALLY cool would be a 1 ghost = +1% on all modes.
So your first mode is basically 100% (normal) scoring, if you have 50 ghosts, your modes score 150%, 100 ghosts = double mode scores. Would make later modes more valuable AND be a reason to keep playing after Are You A God.

3 Likes

If you are in this situation where you have managed to delay looping supers, all the better. It means you have likely pushed your base value higher and are ready to capitalize. I seem to be constantly draining then starting a fresh ball with looping supers lit. You can try to plunge the +3M and shoot the +5M, but if you fail, it almost seems better to just time out the mode, because it is not really worth the risk for only 5M a ramp. You go until you miss, so you will always miss.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the highest super jackpot value should be 180 million. (30 mil max X 6x playfield). I managed to get a super jackpot champion of 221 million. I think it’s more of a high score issue. Not sure if it had anything to with it, but I feel like my total from Loopin Supers that game was right around that number…

I really love the code so far, Thank You!

+1
Thats exactly how i feel about it. Getting stuck on 60 and 80 ghosts is hard.
On the other hand I love how clear and self-explanatory the modes are now, so i can understand why it was changed.

One thing about the Skillshot i dont understand. Why is the Skillshot exploit still working?
You mentioned in the presentation video it was fixed.
Ok, you have to shoot the whole orbit now, but thats no problem if you are not “hammering” on the plunger, but simply pushing it back and let it fire when the ball comes back from the first short plunge or comes right of the trough when getting a new ball.

I believe super jackpot champion is the total from all of your super jackpots in one game. At least that’s what it was in the previous code.

1 Like

What does this mean? Please explain clean and clear the steps to get this exploit. I do not beleive there is an exploit. We have not been able to reproduce this here.

If you plunge the ball half way up the shooter lane and then do a full plunge before it triggers/settles on the shooter lane switch, then it will count as making the right orbit shot. If you have the right orbit skill shot selected, then it will award that skill shot.

I believe that is what is being referred to.

I think it requires you to go all the way around the right orbit now, but you can still get that skill shot on the plunge like before.

@Dwight Here is some video evidence of the issue for you to take to the team. I am not sold that it’s as big of a deal as it was before as you’re losing out on the ability to hit the PKE skillshot in addition to the mode skillshot…but to each their own :slight_smile:

We were able to reproduce it. In the next update it will be harder to do.

I agree its not that game breaking even if you pull it off. Skill shot values are now nerfed from V1.16.

3 Likes

Does completing the different ladders make WCWS any different besides the number of balls it starts with? Are the jackpots any bigger or anything?

I’ve been finding myself going straight for the librarian ladder to get my first WCWS going, and between the pop bumper award and focusing on the captive ball, I’m usually able to string together a handful of add-a-balls and multipliers and build a decent score. Is there any reason I’d be better off focusing on a deeper ladder?

1 Like

I agree that the boon of starting WCWS with additional balls isn’t especially significant, but overall the ladders feel relatively balanced to me as they each have a unique benefit:

• Left Ladder - Start WCWS quickly/easily
  • Middle Ladder - Super JP value boost from He Slimed Me
  • Right Ladder - Juicy scoring from Stay Puft (esp if you stack it with Storage Facility)

(I’m not actually sure if the JP value of WCWS changes tho)

I watched a bit of the PAPAtv stream of the new GB code, specifically noting there seemed to be abundant add-a-balls (from pops) given during the R orbit ladder version of WCWS.

@Dwight Are there any constraints built into the code on how many AAB are possible to obtain during WCWS (or other multiballs, for that matter)? If so, what are they?
And is it possible to limit the total amount and /or the frequency of AAB that are provided from the pops (in tournament play, for instance)?

thank you, thats what i meant.

I like the current PF multipliers rule. I don’t think it should be changed to be much more difficult. It’s not any more difficult than advancing PF multipliers in AC/DC. In AC/DC you hit the bell 3 times (3 shots), in GB you 1) Shoot the left ramp, 2) hit the yellow targets (timed), 3) hit the PFX Standup to start.

So they both take 3 shots to start, but GB has the extra time-out restriction, so it’s actually less easy. I think people are used to it being difficult in GB, so now think it’s too easy because they are not used to the difference.

I think the difference is that 2x is fine, ACDC you can push it to 3X, but 6X is a lot more than 3X (some might say twice as much).

1 Like

@Dwight
Have you seen this clip where the streams are crossed in video mode but the video mode doesn’t end?

2 Likes

6X is definitely double 3X - LOL. But it’s also not as easy to keep the PFX going on GB. On AC/DC you reset the timer every time you hit the bell - GB doesn’t have that, so the PFX isn’t going to last as long. Additionally, the PFX advance by Gear Awards isn’t available all the time (Loopin Supers, PKE).

Have there been reports of players getting crazy imbalanced scores because of the 6X?
You have to consider scoring is simply higher with the new code - we shouldn’t compare scores on old code to new code IMO.

Is this based on playing the games, or just in theory? A friend of mine made this argument to me after reading the release notes and I couldn’t possibly disagree more. I own both games.

The bell shot in AC/DC is significantly more dangerous than any of the three shots involved in Ghostbusters. In Ghostbusters, you’re shooting the left ramp constantly as a matter of playing through the game. When you miss by just a hair, you hit your multipliers to start them and keep them running. In multiball, you barely have to do anything…they just keep themselves going from balls bouncing around.

With AC/DC, there are effectively zero accidental bell hits in single ball play, and very few in multiball play (as the ball doesn’t just accidentally ricochet into it).

With all due respect, you’re nuts if you think AC/DC multipliers are easier to achieve and maintain than GB.

I can easily have 2x, 3x, or 6x running throughout most of every high scoring opportunity in GB.

However the rules work, my PFX lasts way longer on GB.

I dunno, maybe I’m just bad at AC/DC multipliers.

4 Likes