Game of Thrones Pinball Rulesheet

The new code appears to allow you to complete any mode with the upper playfield. Previously, hitting the three standups and then the left turnaround castle just awarded you a ‘castle’ which added pretty good points to your bonus. Now, that same sequence completes the house you’re on (or with Targaryen, it completes the dragon fight). At least, I’m 95% sure that’s how it’s working. I still need to play it more.

Kevin

This new Lannister strategy is very disheartening to see. Did we really need to change GoT into yet another “jack up the multiplier and hit the big shot” game?

2 Likes

I checked my gold before starting blackwater, had over 5k, started blackwater, hit the button and got 2x, but the button didn’t light again (or stay lit) to advance the multiplier and hitting it didn’t advance. So it was odd - only happened once, but stood out to me since I had the gold and had 2 swords.

Okay. I’ve noticed that during ball save and when the balls are auto launching, it shuts off. Could that have been it?

But after they are all in play, ball save off, it worked as I expected.

I’ll be playing later and see if I can recreate it.

Thanks! Very possible since I did start blackwater right after - maybe after I couldn’t add more, I stopped trying and just focused on playing :smiley: I’ll play some more later too - I mostly chalked it up to a one-off, but thought I’d mention it in case anyone else experienced something similar.

1 Like

I had a bug where I had 2 balls locked.
Iron Throne was lit. I made the shot and Iron Throne started, but only released 1 ball from the lock mechanism, so I had to play the entire 1st round of Iron Throne with only 1 ball until I hit the battering ram for the next round/add a ball.

@Dwight,

I have a request. The plunger that kicks the ball out of the throne sheared, so now the ball gets stuck in the throne. In the settings, I turned off the diverter feeding the elevator VUK so the ball won’t get stuck in the throne, while I’m awaiting the part. Unfortunately, this has side-effects:

1. It’s impossible to get an extra ball (it lights on the left orbit but never collects).
  2. You can’t start Wall Multiball.
  3. No mystery awards (no biggie and not unexpected since you can’t stop the ball anymore).

Would it be possible to allow the player to collect an extra ball when lit, and start Wall Multiball via the left orbit in the event the elevator diverter is disabled? I’m not worried about the mystery awards.

Thanks,
Kevin

I don’t think this is true. I went to implement this and the code was already there. Then I tested it and I think it work correctly. Everyone got hearteater as there first sword.

Please test when you can and let me know if there is a bug. Thanks.

1 Like

i think that was shown during Pinmaster where sword value came as quite a big importance toward the pts goal. I would agree with Colin than at that tournament it was not the same order on the stream?
Maybe it was an old cold? Or being in Casual mode overwrite the deterministic aspect of the sword award even in tournament settings?

This probably has more to do with Competition Mode needing to be OFF for Casual Mode to work.

1 Like

Hes talkging about swords:

they are awarded in this order in Competition play:
HEARTEATER_WEIGHT
WIDOWS_WAIL_WEIGHT
LIGHT_BRINGER_WEIGHT
NEEDLE_WEIGHT
OATHKEEPER_WEIGHT
LONG_CLAW_WEIGHT
ICE_WEIGHT

1 Like

that was it, the master of Casual mode has spoken (i have never used it in my tournament)!

issue solved, @Snailman was most likely talking about Pinmaster were GOT was on Casual mode with competition OFF so swords award order were random.

1 Like

Sharing another random bug here in case others have seen it. We have a pro we’re playing on and this has happened twice. The current GC is 8B on Targaryen. Someone else got a higher GC (13B) and took a photo as it was played in selfie league. However, going to the machine a day later, the GC was still the old 8B. While we were playing we had put up some scores on like #1, 2 and 3 (and several houses) or so and had been playing several games. I wanted to see what the replay was since we were out of credits and hadn’t hit the replay before that last game so figured it would have gone down to a previous threshold (600 or 300M on this machine). But when I got to the replay info it said 2B+ which seemed wrong. So we rebooted the machine to see what the replay would show as.

It showed as 300 or 600M as expected this time. However, scrolling through the high scores, all of the ones we had just put up were gone. Also, the ‘last games scores’ that were showing on the display were for a 3-player game and we had just finished a 2-player game.

Not sure what might be going on but hopefully this is helpful @Dwight

Was Iron Throne truly meant to be this lucrative?
This was done with House Lannister.
I ask because there is absolutely no way (imho) that any other house can yield these same results. (Possibly Greyjoy of course, but tricky to set up)

Not sure how Dwight will ultimately nerf it, but it’s getting nerfed for sure.

2 Likes

It’s definitely the go-to house for high score formats, but in match play I still see people choosing Martell because you’re not getting to HoTK or Iron Throne in every game. But yeah, points-wise, there’s only one choice.

Or Baratheon for 6 balls per game instead of 3 :slight_smile:

You could also use your Baratheon LOL save during multiball to extend them if you prefer.

Baratheon = Martell+

2 Likes

I want to enlist any here that want to help test todays code. I particularly would love to see Ryan, Kevin, and his son test this code. Thanks!

I always knew that after the huge update was in the wild I would need to balance some scores and other stuff. Please test and send me any feedback. Please concentrate on the list of changes below but send feedback on anything and everything.

As you can see I have nerfed Lannister quite a bit. Please let me know if it’s too much.

Thanks!

• Dwight

EDIT - This is BETA code and you should test at your own risk.

LE –
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pe3UO7JxkfJZOocLaji6yVYOWWUwS6e1

PRO –
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1am_1T7CzM6NBbcMeBqIocdyaD8ppYpmI

LE/PREMIUM V1.37 - July 29th, 2019

New:

• Added an adjustment to DISABLE THRONE. If this is set to YES the ball will
    enter the elevator, do all the throne awards, then kick the ball to the
    upper playfield and ver send the ball to the Iron Throne.
  • Added an adjustment, ALLOW UP.CORNER COMPLETE HOUSE, to allow the owner to
    turn off the default upper playfield ability to complete house modes.

Tweaked:

• If you have less than 300 gold and you had mystery lit, mystery will un-light
    untill you have at least 300 gold again.
  • Increased the cost to buy multipliers with House Lannister from 500 gold per
    multiplier to 600 gold per. Meaning you now need 1200 gold for 2X, 1800 for
    3X, 2400 for 4X, and 3000 for 5X. It’s now a total of 8400 gold for all 4 up
    from 7000 for all 4 before.
  • Reduced how much gold is awarded to House Lannister for most events.
    New Target was 125 now 100
    Targets complete was 750 now 500
    PICT-O_POPS was 750 now 250
    Ball Locked was 350 now 250
    Complete Lannister was 500 now 400
  • Increased Wall Multiball scores for House Baratheon and all the others.
  • Reduced the Iron Throne Scores.
  • Reduced score bump in Hand of the King multiball if you brought Targaryen or Lannister.
  • Made the glass shatter sound louder in Winter Multiball when you kill the lieutenant.
  • Improved some choreography

PRO V1.37 - July 29th, 2019

Tweaked:

• If you have less than 300 gold and you had mystery lit, mystery will un-light
    untill you have at least 300 gold again.
  • Increased the cost to buy multipliers with House Lannister from 500 gold per
    multiplier to 600 gold per. Meaning you now need 1200 gold for 2X, 1800 for
    3X, 2400 for 4X, and 3000 for 5X. It’s now a total of 8400 gold for all 4 up
    from 7000 for all 4 before.
  • Reduced how much gold is awarded to House Lannister for most events.
    New Target was 125 now 100
    Targets complete was 750 now 500
    PICT-O_POPS was 750 now 250
    Ball Locked was 350 now 250
    Complete Lannister was 500 now 400
  • Increased Wall Multiball scores for House Baratheon and all the others.
  • Reduced the Iron Throne Scores.
  • Reduced score bump in Hand of the King multiball if you brought Targaryen or Lannister.
  • Made the glass shatter sound louder in Winter Multiball when you kill the lieutenant.
  • Improved some choreography
8 Likes

BTW -

I am really loving Baratheon. The house mode scores more in Wall. Wall is easier to get to. And now Wall scores more.

But I really like saving the ball as it rolls out the out lane. You have a short window to hit the button before the ball gets to the switch.

Its really balanced well with Martell.

2 Likes

Amazingly quick response @Dwight! It just so happens that Zack, Kevin, and I are all playing in a tournament right now that will go on for a few more hours, so you might not get much out of us tonight. :slightly_smiling_face: