Note: Likely filled with errors and needing improvements/corrections. A cleaner format with images and tables is available at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-rulesheet#post-3851000
Initial skill shot is achieved by dropping ball just behind theater. You’ll get whatever the lit insert is when your ball goes over the shooter lane switch. 1st successful skill shots scores 5000 points, subsequent skill shots increase points by 500.
After collecting a skill shot the ball will shoot around to upper flipper. If you hit the side ramp you are given a Super Skill Shot; if you hit the Scoop/SIM Card you’ll be awarded a Super Duper Skill Shot! Super Skill Shots award the values below, mostly based on the current Skill Shot Value (SSV, to make the table cleaner). Collecting holds through the normal Skill Shots is important on the newest revision of the Dialed In code, as they will increase the value of the Super Jackpot during Quantum Theater Multiball.
Skill Shot Award Super Skill Shot Award Super Duper Skill Shot Award Big Points 2x SSV Big Points (2x SSV) Bigger Points (6x SSV) Hold Drones Drone Value Held Drone value increases +1500 (?) Drone value increases +(SSV) Hold Kilowatts Kilowatt Value Held Kilowatt value increases +1500 (?) Kilowatt value increases +(SSV) Hold Transit Transit Value Held Transit value increases +1500 (?) Transit value increases +(SSV) Hold Bonus Bonus X Held Increase Bonus +1x Increase Bonus +3x Hold Spider Spider Values Held Spider value increases +1500 (?) Spider value increases +(SSV)
Each completion of the B-O-B targets lights the kickback. Stacking of kickbacks is not available by default.
Every completion of the B-O-B targets will light Crazy Bob’s. You can stack up the 3 of these and they are remembered from ball to ball.
When lit Crazy Bob will award, in this order:
- Crazy Mode (Blue BOB arrow/lamp)
- +1x Bonus Multiplier (Yellow BOB arrow/lamp)
- Quick Multiball (Red BOB arrow/lamp)
- +1x Bonus Multiplier (Yellow BOB arrow/lamp)
In other words, Bonus Multiplier is every even BOB and the odd BOBs cycle between Modes and Multiballs. An Extra Ball (Orange BOB arrow/lamp) will light every 3 BOB collects if the setting is on.
- Crazy Emoji Overload
o Shoot Left Ramp, Right Ramp, & Phone Scoop to Clear Emoji (shots colored blue)
- Crazy Selfie Mode
o Frenzy: All switch hits score!
- Crazy Lottery Frenzy
o Shoot ticket in theater! Wave at the camera to scratch off! Scratch cards are generally worth 5-10k points.
- Drones Gone Wild Multiball
o Hit drone standup to drop items. 3 super jackpots to light SIM card.
o Jackpots for each Drone hit. Super Jackpot is in the theatre (dropped by drone after collecting a jackpot).
- High Voltage Multiball
o Hit the moving QED target for jackpots. 15 jackpots to light SIM Card.
- Quick Monkey Wrench Multiball
o Sneak past mechanic on the left ramp for jackpot. 3 Jackpots lights SIM Card. During this multiball Betty will be raising and lowering her wrench.
o During this multiball you must hit the left ramp and get your ball past Betty. She will be raising and lowering her wrench throughout the multiball in attempts to block your shot.
- NOTE: Any of the three Quick Multiball modes can stack up with Under Attack Multiball, and vice versa. As a result, shots that advance towards Under Attack Multiball can be made during Quick Multiball. More importantly, modes can be stacked, re-qualified, and started during any Quick Multiball, unlike Under Attack Multiball. This rule also applies for the three Crazy Modes.
Combos are available by linking together any of the major shots - orbits, ramps, and the phone. The scoring builds as you keep a combo going and then resets if there is a break. 1st combo value is 500, 2nd is 600, …
Cumulative values from combos are applied during the bonus and that value can be held from one ball to the next by a skill shot.
The arrow inserts blink yellow to indicate possible shots for continuing the combo.
Extra Ball will light at the trap door after 35 and 100 combos.
These are lit at the start of the game and can be relit at any time by completing the two TICKET standup targets in front of the Theatre. Press the flipper button to change the inlane that the hurry-up is lit at.
Theater Hurry Up
- Tickets will qualify and increase the hurry up value
- When going through a lit left inlane, you have X seconds to collect at the theater
10k+ Hurry Up (Left Ramp… adds 1k each subsequent shot (per ball?))
- Left Ramp… adds 1k each subsequent shot (per ball?)
- When right inlane is lit you have X seconds to collect at the left ramp
- Successful collections increment the value (per ball?)
- (can collect repeatedly for ??? time?)
Throughout the game you will collect 2 drone deliveries for every Drone Standup hit and 1 drone delivery for every Drone Rubber Switch hit. After collecting all 7 (or is it 8, i.e. one more past 7 fully lit lights) drone delivery lights you will receive a Drone Mystery award which can be collected at the Theatre and carries over from one ball to the next. Note: Settings can be changed to require Drone Standup target hit to collect but that is not the default.
Drone Mystery Awards
- 1,000/5,000/20,000 points
- Bumpers at Max
- Drone Combo Lit
- Extra Ball is Lit
- X Value Increased +1170 (X = any collectible item)
- Hold X Value
- Increase Bonus Multiplier (+1x)
- Add Danger
- Hold Holds (the best award in the entire game :P)
- More tbd
When going through a lit inner left inlane for “Light Drone” you can collect a Drone Combo if you immediately hit the Drone Target. This insert is always lit unless the Drone Mystery award is lit. Completing the Drone Combo instantly lights the Drone Mystery award at the Theater, without having to complete all the lights.
Big Bang is lit by hitting the Light Big Bang targets enough times. The first time you light the Big Bang target it will require 3 Light Big Bang target hits. After that it will increment by 1 until you always require 6 Light Big Bang targets hits. If the player has the JJP App, the Big Bang can be activated by pressing the button that says “Big Bang!” on the interface - meaning the player doesn’t have to make the difficult target shot.
The award you get from Big Bang depends upon your game status:
- 50K for starters (and increments by 10k thereafter)
- When in a disaster mode it will instantly score all your remaining mode shots required to complete the mode, complete the mode, and thus, also light a SIM card to collect.
o Note: If you insta-complete a mode using Big Bang, your SIM Card Multiplier Bonus does not apply to the 50K or the Mode Completion bonus of 30K, but rather only the mode shots made prior to hitting Big Bang.
- When in a multiball it will also score all lit jackpots.
Pro Tip: The above can be combined. For example when you are in both a mode and multiball you complete the mode and get all lit jackpots. When you are not in a mode but in multiball you get 50K and all lit jackpots.
There are 11 Disaster Modes in this game. The modes and their status (unplayed (green), played but not completed (beige), and completed (maroon)) are shown on the screen as city blocks at many points during the game and in the status report. Additionally, there is a 12th “block” which represents the Armageddon Wizard Mode.
Each mode is started at the phone scoop once it has been qualified. Qualification requires charging the phone by hitting the QED. Note: Qualification requirements progressively increase as you play modes. For instance, the first mode is lit after one QED shot, but as more modes are played, you will have to make a maximum of 4 QED shots to light them.
Mode scoring on any mode is based on the charge level (percentage) of the phone when the mode is started. When the phone powers up for a mode, it will be at 100% charge. Shooting QED when the phone is lit will Overcharge the phone past 100% charge at an additional 10% per hit. “Overcharge X%” will show as a push notification-style notice on the phone when overcharging, and the current charge percent can be seen in the upper-right corner of the phone display (in red, you have to squint a bit!).
During a mode, shots to the Phone Scoop made after making a lit shot will add time to the mode timer.
Collecting a Big Bang during a mode will automatically complete the mode; however, any mode multipliers you have (from prior SIM cards collected) won’t be applied to unmade shots.
If you complete a mode you will score a 30K completion bouns, plus light a SIM card for collection at the SIM Card Scoop. Collecting SIM Cards is very beneficial (see SIM Card section) to mode scoring, wizard mode progress, and wizard mode scoring.
Extra ball is lit after 3 disaster modes are played.
1. Alien Invasion
Shoot single roving arrow, shot value 10k
All major (arrow) shots are then lit for up to 20k each (value based on how quickly you shoot the roving arrow in the first phase of this mode???). Each arrow show unlights when you shoot it.
Shoot all arrows to complete.
Shoot theatre, shot value = 6,000 (hurry-up that counts down)
Shoot right ramp, shot value = 6K + value of initial hurry-up collected.
Shoot theatre for same value
Shoot right ramp for same value
Shoot theatre for same value + end of mode.
3. Tidal Wave
Shoot side ramp, shot value = 20,000
Side Ramp is the only required shot to complete the mode
All other lit shots increase the side ramp shots value
4. Whirl Wind
30 second mode with 4 shots needed for completion.
• Shoot left ramp, shot value = 14,000
• Shoot right ramp, shot value = 15,000
• Shoot left orbit, shot value = 16,000
• Shoot side ramp, shot value = 17,000
If you do all 4 in sequence you’ll be awarded a Whirlwind Combo and an additional 50k points.
5. EMP Strike
Shoot theatre, shot value = 10,000
Magnets are going crazy; three shots complete the mode.
6. Flash Fires
5 Shots are required to complete this mode
• Shoot left ramp, shot value = 10,000
• Shoot BOB standups, shot value = 15,000
• Shoot left ramp, shot value = 10,000
• Shoot BOB standups, shot value = 15,000
• Shoot left ramp, shot value = 10,000
Shoot either loop 3 times, shot value = 10K/shot. (R “loop” is same thing as R ramp)
Shoot L loop for 10K.
Shoot Theater for 10K + complete mode.
8. Meteor Storm
Shoot lit standups, Shot value = 6,000 (Spider, TIC, KET, Wrench)
5 hits to complete mode.
9. Earth Shaker
Shoot either lit shot, shot value = 16,000
Shoot <left/right – the shot you didn’t get> loop, shot value = 10,000
10. Acid Rain
Shoot jets, build value = 3,000
Note that the left ramp is also lit; this can be used to access the pops via the ramp diverter/pop bumper hole. Three shots will progress to the next part of the mode.
After 6 jet hits
Shoot left ramp (diverter removed), shot value = 3,000 + 3,000 per pop hit (pops still build value!)
Shoot left ramp again for same value
Shoot left ramp again for same value + end of mode
Shoot left orbit, shot value = 12,000
Shoot left ramp, shot value = 13,000
Shoot theatre, shot value = 14,000
Shoot right ramp, shot value = 15,000
Random shot picked from the above 4 shots = 16,000 (competition mode will always pick left orbit)
Under Attack Multiball (UAMB)
At any time during play, shoot both ramps to light lock and then lock a ball via the side ramp (or Crazy Bob’s for the first lock of the first multiball only).
UAMB is started by shooting the phone scoop.
The difficulty of lighting UAMB increases the more you play the Multiball:
- 1: Lock is lit as soon as a Disaster ends. Lock one ball in either the left loop or side ramp to light UAMB.
- 2: Shoot both ramps to light the lock at the side ramp. Lock 2 balls to light UAMB.
- 3: Shoot both ramps to light the lock at the side ramp. Note that each lock has to be collected separately. Lock 2 balls to light UAMB.
- 4: Shoot both ramps as a combo to light the lock at the side ramp. Note that each lock has to be collected separately. Lock 3 balls to light UAMB.
- 5+: Shoot both ramps as a combo to light the lock at the side ramp. Note that each lock has to be collected separately and only one ramp will be lit to start. Lock 3 balls to light UAMB.
After lighting UAMB, you can defer the multiball by hitting both flipper buttons twice as soon as the “Multiball is Lit” animation displays on the Phone. Once a Disaster is started, UAMB will light again. This can be particularly helpful if you want to start a Disaster before activating UAMB.
UAMB Jackpots lit in red – Left Orbit, Left Ramp, Theatre, Right Ramp. Side Ramp =2x Jackpot. After some number of jackpot are collected Super Jackpot available at QED (Yellow), Theatre (Blue), or Pop Bumper Target(Red).
Add-a-Ball: During any multiball – Phone scoop 3x = add-a-ball.
During UAMB, Dialed In Electronics will start attacking you from the Theatre and the Pop Bumper Target. The attacks are indicated by the lines of light that approach your flippers from those areas. If the attack makes it to your flipper, it will stutter for 1-2 seconds, and be unable to flip during that period of time. Repel an attack by hitting the origin of the attack line; this will also score a Super Jackpot. The closer the attack is to the flipper the more its worth
Note: If you use your real cell phone to connect to the game you can change the weather which makes the multiball easier somehow?
Quantum Theatre Multiball
Kilowatts, Spiders, Drones, and Transit points can be collected at the theatre whenever their associated image is displayed. Lighting the associated image and increasing values of the award occurs by hitting specific shots.
- Kilowatts are increased by hitting QED. The associated image is a tank with a lightning bolt on it and the Theater arrow will light up in yellow.
- Spiders are increased by hitting the Spider target. The associated image is a Spider and the Theater arrow will light up in pink.
- Drones are increased by hitting the Drone target. The associated image is a Drone and the Theater arrow will light up in purple.
- Transits are increased by hitting any ramp. The associated image is an animation as if you driving a train down the train tracks and the Theater arrow will light up in blue.
For all of the above repeated hits prior to collection will increase their respective value and hold it until collected or increased yet again. After collection does the value reset or is maintained? At end of ball the built up value will be lost (unless Hold XXX was obtained).
If multiple collects are lit, they will stack together (indicated by the flashing arrow in front of the Theater).
Note: Cumulative values of collected kilowatts, spiders, drones, and transits are applied during the bonus. Additionally if you get Hold Kilowatts, Hold Spiders, Hold Drones, or Hold Transits then this bonus value will be held over to the next ball (does the build up value of each also hold?).
After collecting 2 Kilowatts you will start the Kilowatt Drops feature.
After collecting 2 Spiders you will start the Spider Spinner feature.
After collecting 2 Drones you will start Drone Captive Ball feature.
After collecting 2 Transits you will start the Train Bash feature.
Starting all of these features will qualify the Theater to start Quantum Theater Multiball.
During all of these features (besides Spider Spinner, where the Quantum Theater acts as a full orbit), QED will move when the ball exits the Theater in order to prevent SDTM feeds.
This is a 30 second mode where a set of linear drop targets is shown in the Theatre and hitting them will collect the Kilowatt Bonus.
This is a 30 second mode where a Spinner is shown in the theatre and hitting it will collect the Spider Bonus. The spider standup also increases spinner value during this mode.
Drone Captive Ball
This is a 30 second mode where a Captive Ball is shown in the theatre and hitting it will collect the Drone Bonus.
This is a 30 second mode where a Door is shown in the theatre and hitting it will collect the Transit Bonus.
Quantum Theater Multiball
After starting all four features, the next Theater shot will begin Quantum Theater Multiball. This can be activated at any time, even during other Multiball modes. At the start of this Multiball, Jackpots will be lit at the ramps (Transit), Spider target, Drone target, and QED (Kilowatt). Collecting all four types of Jackpot will qualify the Theater for a Super Jackpot, which is determined by how many shots have been made during the other features and the “holds” collected off of Skill Shots or Drone Mystery awards. The process will then reset, allowing the player to collect more Super Jackpots.
SIM Cards are lit for collection after:
- Completing disaster modes
- Completing requirements of quick multiballs
Collect a SIM Card at the lit side scoop (below the Side Ramp and above the Lite Big Bang target). If a lit SIM Card is not collected before end of ball, the ability to collect the card is also lost (on default settings).
SIM Card Mode Scoring Multiplier
Collecting SIM Cards multiplies the scoring of all future modes in your game. It does NOT multiply your instantaneous mode shot scores (Example: a Singularity mode shot value of 12K still only scores you 12K when you hit it). Instead: SIM Cards double/triple/etc. your total points from the mode (including the 30K mode completion bonus), collected as soon as the mode is over, either from completion, time expiration, or drain.
SIM Card Multiplier Collect = [(4K base) + (Sum of Mode Shot values) + (If applicable, 30K Mode Completion Bonus)] x (SIM Cards collected)
If you use Big Bang to insta-complete a mode, then it’s [(4K base) + (Sum of Mode Shot values prior to Big Bang)] x (SIM Cards collected)
So when you complete a mode, you get:
Mode Completion Bonus of 30K PLUS the SIM Card Multiplier value PLUS a Timer Bonus, in some cases.
Eight SIM Cards are required to spell D-I-A-L-E-D-I-N and qualify the Showdown Wizard mode. During a ball, SIM Cards can be stacked for collection. It’s a bit confusing because only one blinking D-I-A-L-E-D-I-N light will blink; however, after collection the next light will begin blinking immediately. I’m not sure if anything happens should you collect >8 SIM cards.
(I tried to use the “Hide Details” function to hide the info on the wizard modes. While it shows up correctly in the “Preview” edit window, it doesn’t seem to be working below, because it’s still displayed. Anyone: feel free to fix this if you know how.)
Qualified by playing all 11 disaster modes.
Started by shooting the phone scoop.
• Lit Arrows Award Jackpot
• Super Jackpot via Phone or SIM Card
• 8 Modes completed = 9x Jackpot Value
- Qualified by collecting 8 SIM Cards (i.e. spelling D-I-A-L-E-D-I-N)
- Started by shooting the Theatre.
- The display changes to show two health meters. One is “You” the other is “D.I.E.”
- Then a multiball with unlimited ball saves until one of you is defeated.
- During this showdown the Left Orbit, Left Ramp. Theatre, Right Ramp, and Side Ramp are all lit with red colored arrows for jackpot. Hitting these will cause DIE to lose health.
- YOU lose heath whenever you lose a ball.
- Additionally the theater and pop bumper attacks are fast and frequent to help DIE force you to lose balls.
- Should you defeat DIE the multiball will stop having a ball save (it will still linger for about 20 seconds) and any jackpot shots scored will count as victory laps until you are down to 1 ball.
If collected nothing worth bonus points you’ll receive a Participation Award for 500 points. Otherwise bonus is calculated as the sum of:
- City Damage
- Crazy Modes
- Bonus Multiplier
Status Report – Page 1
Disaster Mode Map is displayed on the left showing progression.
- Played: ##
- Completed: ##
- Modes To Go: ##
- Jackpot: ##x
Status Report – Page 2
- Kilowatts: Hold Value & Current Bonus
- Transit: Hold Value & Current Bonus
- Spider: Hold Value & Current Bonus
- Drones: Hold Value & Current Bonus
- Note: Hold Value = what you’ve built the value up to but haven’t yet collected. Current Bonus is the cumulative sum of all collected values.
Status Report – Page 3
- Multipliers: Bonus: ##x, SIM Card: ##x
- Big Bang: Hits Needed: ##, Next Value: ##,000
- SIM Card: Lit: ##, Collected: ##
- Combos: Count: ##, Extra Ball at 25
Light Color Coding
Blue Lighting = Crazy Bob Mode Shots (when in an Crazy Mode)
Green = Multiball Locks
Red = Jackpot Shots (during multiball)
Voice of “Mandy” (in the phone) is the same as the lady who voiced Candy 2000 in Safecracker.
Joe from JJP is the voice of Crazy Bob