Batman 66 Rulesheet

Not that I’m aware of – but it sure would be nice to know: do you take some on-the-fly risks to complete the last 1-2 shots left when your timer is about to expire?

Also 100% agree. Some fanfare or callout would be nice to know that it’s complete, other than the TV disappearing on the LCD (for non-Shame modes) and the applicable Season insert lighting up.

That or knowing when I need to burn a Gadget, cause if it means finishing Mr. Freeze, I’m all for blowing them all.

I’ve seen scores over 30 Billion on the new code- how are people getting there?

Bookworm to carry minor villain progress through the whole game. Then Mr. Freeze, this freezes playfield multipliers for the whole game if you’ve finished Bookworm.

Then focus on getting playfield multipliers up.

Escher just got 400b+ pretty sure this is the strategy he used, haven’t been able to watch the stream yet though. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/333031132

Its worth watching.

Don’t forget to sprinkle in a mad hatter if you fail to complete mr freeze on the first try. Freeze takes lots of shots to finish.

Also this strategy is not easy at all to setup. But definitely very rewarding if you can have it all there on ball one or two.

Some buggy behavior? It’s fun to puzzle through it… Multipliers stacking somehow? Multiplied villain progress carrying over?

Everything makes sense (amazing play!) until around here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/333031132?t=1h29m30s
The base values of things start to be super high somehow.
All Season 1 minor villains were finished, which reset all minor villains and allowed Shame 2 and 3 to be replayed (they were previously complete). When starting Shame 2 for the second time, the base Shame JP value is somehow 170+M, jumping up by millions per bumper hit in the build phase (this is without any PFx active!). For reference, the first time Shame 2 was played in the game, the base value of the shots was ~4M.

Crazy game!

To answer my own question, locking with a Gadget was bugged in the older code (~v0.94?) and was difficult to do.

It’s easy in the current code. If you have a Gadget and locks are lit, just press the button shortly after you plunge to lock a ball immediately. I press the button when the ball passes the rollover in the middle of the plunger lane.

2 Likes

Just did the thing on this at my league finals tonight. Ended with 17 billion. Man it’s fun if you set it up.

It was silly seeing all the shots Xs flashing and the 5x playfield running for the entire ball. Had a 6 billion bat turn. Haha. Had 1.2 billion in bonus on one ball.

2 Likes

I made an updated list of all the minor villains:

Season 1

Mad Hatter (The Thirteenth Hat): Replay failed minor villain modes
King Tut (The Curse Of Tut): Save minor villain progress / Increase Main channel multiplier
Bookworm (The Bookworm Turns): Minor villain awards last until end of game

Season 2

King Tut (The Spell Of Tut): Save minor villain progress / Increase main channel multiplier
Egghead (An Egg Grows In Gotham) Egghead points awarded in bonus
Mr. Freeze (Green Ice): Freeze all game timers
Shame (Come Back Shame): +1 ball to multiballs Extended multiballs
Mad Hatter (The Contaminated Cowl): Replay failed minor villain modes
King Tut (King Tut’s Coup: Save minor villain progress / Increase main channel multiplier

Season 3

King Tut (The Unkindest Tut Of All): Save minor villain progress / Increase main channel multiplier
Egghead (The Ogg and I): Egghead points awarded in bonus
Egghead (The Ogg Couple): Egghead points awarded in bonus
Shame (The Great Escape): +1 ball to multiballs Extended multiballs
King Tut (I’ll Be A Mummy Uncle): Save minor villain progress / Increase main channel multiplier

6 Likes

Is the King Tut “Increase main channel multiplier” an additional multiplier separate from playfield X? It affects whatever is on the big TV?

So that means you can have…
Shot X * Playfield X * Major Villain Level X * Batcave X * King Tut X
Too much X :slight_smile:

Edit: There was also a rule about hitting the Gordon standup at the start of a major villain mode… It’d give you Multiball X I think… is that still in the game?

yes that is true, so you have to choose wise what’s on your main channel. you can complete tut a 3th time and 4th and 5th so you can go to 4x

I don’t know

Hey everyone, I’m new on this forum but I do have pretty extensive knowledge of Batman 66 rules. I started to update the wiki for 1.0 code and hope I’m not stepping on anyone’s toes. I’ve barely started but I hope to get through it all in the next week or so. Let me know what you think or if you see any errors. Cheers!

7 Likes

Yes, the multiball multiplier is still in there. I’ve updated the rule sheet to that point with the info, including how to get 3X (and up?) multiball scoring.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! The more the merrier for both the forum and the wiki rulesheets — bring on your knowledge! Thanks for taking the time to contribute.

1 Like

Hmm, spent some time working on this today but it won’t let me save the edit. It just says “Sorry, an error occurred”. Anyone have any ideas?

Standard computer fixes. Log out, log back in. Close browser, reopen. Try a different browser. Reboot computer.

2 Likes

Cool cool, I’ll give it a go later. Thanks!

Still a no go on saving my edit, still getting “Sorry, an error occurred” when I try. I’m a really new user so maybe that’s it? I do have permissions to edit though. I guess I can keep working on it offline and drop it in one big edit but I thought it would be nice to save the edit as I go.

Edit: The max character limit had been reached and was increased to accommodate this wiki :slight_smile:

The big edit is done, I’ll be working on it a bit more but it’s mostly there. Enjoy!

3 Likes