Avengers: Infinity Quest Rulesheet

Computer frenzy bug is known about and should be fixed in next build. Trophy Mania will reset your trophy “case” so you can start working towards filling another one. The game will save your “best” case, so the Trophy Champion shouldn’t be affected unless you collect 24 better trophies. It should still show your TOTAL number of trophies in bonus (and combo values)

2 Likes

Certainly not often, maybe once every hour of play or so, but it’s used significantly more often on a Pro compared to a Prem.
I also can’t see any way to reduce it, other than maybe some kind of damper, or something to tighten the exit from that rail.
It’s probably 50/50 whether a shot to the side ramp gives a smooth feed down the guide to the upper flipper or it bounces away from the flipper making the Hawkeye combo extremely unlikely

2 Likes

I understand the reasoning behind resetting the cabinet tally to work towards the next Trophy Mania, and also your best cabinet being a HS award .
It would be nice to be able to try and achieve (and have recorded) all 32 unique trophies available.

It may just be a coincidence but on at least 2 occasions I can recall I was on 23 trophies just before starting BR. Which then gave the 24th to start TM. Whether they were the same 24 who knows.

That seems VERY often to me. Granted, I’ve only played one physical copy myself. Yes, the Pro uses that up-post more often, for each mode start, mini wizard start, and mystery/change gems, so I’d estimate roughly 2x-2.5x more than PremLE. I’m not seeing a rate of a missed up-post once every 2.5 hours of play.
YMMV.

In hundreds of games we have never had the ball escape the up post on our pro at home. Some of the balldrops aren’t the best feeds for the upper flipper but none bad enough to get around the post.

It did escape once for me on a pro on location across 3 or 4 games total on that machine.

Happens at a semi decent rate on my Pro as well, really frustrating on gem mode start. Sent some slow mo of it to Stern support weeks ago but just got a response saying they’d pass it along and nothing after that. In the vid you can see that it rattles as it drops through the hole really badly resulting in it spitting the ball hard right once it lands. Stills:

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

hobbi_big_points

5 Likes

At least this finally got solved :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fenteryourinitials71%2Fposts%2F10159096766855555

2 Likes

Just got the game last week… amazing game, but I am having one pesky issue. The ball keeps falling off the rail after hitting the Black Panther shot. Anyone have a solution for this?

Yup! Bend the tip of the circled habitrail ever so slightly toward the back of the game. It won’t take much. I bent mine an imperceptible amount and it went from falling off 90% of the time, to never falling off once in hundreds of shots.

4 Likes

I think I’ve found a bug, if I wasn’t seeing things.

Collected all 6 gems, then played Reality again - scored 114mil, then played Reality again as the next gem and scored 80ish mil.

At the end of the game I entered my initials for HS table, but it didn’t update the Reality gem high score which showed at 97mil.

Does the game overwrite your gems scores with the last achieved score in game, not the best score?

Also I had Mind gem on Lv2 BW and was specifically saving it for Reality gem, where the plan was to spin the disc to 8x then use it to award all lit shots - it only awarded a single shot, not all of them.

1 Like

That’s a bummer… because that’s a great use of L2 avenger mind gem

1 Like

It works fine, not sure what he’s talking about. Please submit bug reports through the proper channels and not just posting them in here.

2 Likes

The 97M happens to be the average of 114 and 80. Hmmmm …

1 Like

That’s just a coincidence, as the 97mil had been there a while. It was definitely 114mil, as I looked, plus the Soul Gem collect was 57mil (which was recorded on the HS)

1 Like

Wary of posting here after previous response, but I was playing on my Pro last night, and wondered whether this is desired effect or a problem?

The set-up

Had played and collected Soul gem and 4 other gems, then played and failed Time gem.

Replayed Time gem again (because I had the Soul gem) and drained, thus losing Soul gem.

Hit Hawkeye challenge 3 which said would give me a gem – it didn’t – nor did it light anything either on the gauntlet or the playfield to suggest it had awarded it me.

I then hit the disc to relight, ready to play a quest, once STRANGE was spelt out it would call out that the portal was ready.

However when I hit the gauntlet ramp it didn’t trap the ball, nor start a quest, simply turned all the lights off on STRANGE and continued normal play.

I relit STRANGE 3 times with the same result each time.

Is this correct?

Hawkeye 3 isn’t hooked up yet. Not sure about the portal though. Will have to look once my game is back

2 Likes

If you don’t have the soul gem and have played all the quests, going into the portal will instead collect a random avenger to help you get back to a wizard mode to reclaim the soul gem.

4 Likes

Congrats on getting through Hawkeye 3 in one game! I only usually successfully get through #1-2.

First time ever, I now have a consistent-ish feed from the tower. It’s also part of my preferred combo - BW, Gauntlet, Hawkeye, so I get plenty of practice at it.