Code Rev: 0.92
Feel free to contribute. Update the Code Rev, if applicable.
Stern released their most comprehensive rulesheet I’ve seen in a long time (ever?) at this link: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf
- Left slingshot: Standard.
- Left inlane: Can be lit for “R” in IRON. Lane inserts changed by Spinning Disc and not from flipper button lane-change.
- Left outlane: Can be lit for “I” in IRON.
- Computer drop target bank: These targets might be the most important drop targets in a recent machine. Shots to specific drop targets collect their corresponding, cycling awards (ie. Stern Cheetah target rules). Get 3 awards in-a-row to earn a Super feature/mode. An Infinity Gem can be placed on this shot.
- Left orbit/spinner: Hulk Power Up shot. Spinner used in other modes such as Gamma Ray. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Reverse Ramp: reverse-facing ramp that is fed by a full plunge, as well as shots to the Upper Loop and Right Orbit. Crosses the playfield and feeds the right inlane.
- Upper flipper
- Upper flipper up-post: allows the ball to be held above the upper flipper after a shot to the center Gauntlet Ramp.
- Avengers Tower vertical magnetic vari-target & lock: optos register how far up the ball travels vertically, reaching the upper dead-end of the tower that features a magnet to grab/hold the ball, before releasing it to feed the Upper Flipper. Starts Iron Man multiball and Hawkeye Challenge, among other awards.
- Sling Ring Spinning Disc (Prem: with pop-up disc scoop): a TOTAN-style spinning disc with only one post instead of two, spelling out STRANGE to qualify Quests and rotating lit lower lane IRON inserts, among other things. On the Prem/LE only, the disc raises (similar to CV’s RingMaster) to physically lock a ball in the subway for Portal Locks.
- Portal Subway (Prem. only): see-through subway that can stage up to two balls (similar to Flight 2K). Fed by the raised Sling Ring disc scoop, and feeds the Antman VUK.
- Sanctum standup target: gives various awards lit on the sign above it, such as Extra Ball, Add-a-Ball, and Spot IRON.
- Pop bumpers (3): provide progress toward Captain America Avenger levels, among other things.
- Pops lane: Captain America Power-Up shot and Shield Bonus collect. Shot through the pops that returns down the Left Orbit rail. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Left Ramp: Black Widow Power-Up shot. Steep ramp that feeds the left inlane. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Bullseye purple standup target: 1st of 3.
- Center Gauntlet Ramp: unique convex-shaped entrance to the ramp allows it to be hit from all three flippers. Collect Gem when lit, and also begins Hawkeye Combo. Feeds the upper flipper.
- Upper loop: shot from Upper Flipper. Feeds the Reverse Ramp.
- Bullseye purple standup target: 2nd of 3.
- Captain Marvel shot: Counts up toward various awards such as light Mystery and extra ball. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Prem: Vertical 180-degree ramp that feeds the right inlane (below the inlane switch)
- Pro: Spinner lane that feeds the return down the Right Orbit.
- Captive Ball: Thor Power-Up shot. Spells THOR for Thor Multiball.
- Right Orbit: Black Panther Power-Up shot. Feeds the Reverse Ramp. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Bullseye standup target: 3rd of 3.
- Antman VUK (Prem / LE) / target (Pro): lit for Mystery and Change Gems. VUK feeds the Captain Marvel ramp return.
- Right Outlane: Can be lit for “N” in IRON.
- Right Inlane: Can be lit for “O” in IRON. Rolling through this inlane during normal play (outside of when auto plunge is enabled) will temporarily make all spins worth 2x the progress towards lighting a mode.
- Right slingshot: Standard.
They award points, feature benefits, and additional initial ball-save time.
- Regular Skill Shot: Plunge the ball softly into the top rollover near the pop bumpers to score the skill shot, worth 250K + 100k per successful skill shot + 3 seconds of ball save.
- Super Skill Shot: Full plunge. From the R flipper, shoot the Avengers Tower for 500k + 150k per successful skill shot + 5 seconds of ball save + light mystery (first time only).
- Secret Skill Shot: Medium plunge so ball goes around the orbit curve, but does not make it to the Regular Skill Shot, and rolls backward down the upper loop. Awards 1 mil + 200k per successful skill shot + 10 seconds of ball save + instantly lites Portal Lock. Note: you can also score the Secret Skill Shot from missing/rattling your Super Skill Shot, and immediately shooting the upper loop from your upper flipper.
Super and Secret Skill Shots are part of the Trophy Awards. Getting multiple of the same type of skillshot will upgrade the trophy, starting at Bronze, then Silver, then Gold.
Iron Man Multiball:
Spell I-R-O-N on the inlanes / outlanes to light the 3 locks at the Tower shot. Lock 3 balls to start multiball. On subsequent attempts, lighting the locks becomes harder; only one lock will be lit for each completion the second time, and every time thereafter, lock stacking will be disabled. The lit IRON letters DO NOT lane-change using the flipper buttons, instead the disc will cycle them. You can also spot an IRON lane from the Sanctum target when “Spot IRON” is lit (lit by shooting Antman).
Iron Man Multiball works in different phases. Between each phase, STRANGE must be spelled to start the next phase. Each phase awards higher jackpot values than the last. In each phase, two shots must be made to qualify the disc for progress. In order, these are:
- Left ramp and gauntlet ramp (Tower Super Jackpot also lit)
- Left orbit and right orbit
- Pops lane and Captain Marvel
- Tower and upper orbit (complete to start Super Jackpot phase)
Tower Super Jackpot: For 15 seconds starting any time after you complete the two jackpots, the Tower will be lit to score a Tower Super Jackpot worth (?). Quickly shooting another ball into the tower after collecting this will score a 2x Tower Super Jackpot and count as an Iron Man multiball trophy.
Super Jackpot: Completing the fourth phase of Iron Man Multiball will light the disc for a super jackpot, worth 250k per disc spin for 10 seconds and awarding or upgrading your Iron Man Multiball trophy. The process will then reset.
Add-A-Ball: Outside of the Mystery award, balls can be added during Iron Man Multiball once per activation by completing IRON, and then shooting the Sanctum target.
An easy objective for newcomers on this game to start is Thor Multiball, started by simply spelling T-H-O-R at the Thor Captive Ball to light it. Shoot the captive ball when lit to start Multiball. By default, T-H is spotted for you at the start of the game. The second Thor multiball requires spelling T-H-O-R twice to light; the third and thereafter require spelling T-H-O-R three times.
Shoot lit arrow for jackpot, then the captive ball (for jackpot x number of THOR letters collected so far), 2 jackpots then captive ball, 3 jackpots then captive ball, etc. until you spell THOR and super jackpot is lit at Tower for 5x the jackpot value and a trophy. The progress then resets, with additional jackpot shots being required to qualify the captive ball. The jackpot value can be raised at any time by shooting the disc.
Shots to the pops lane and upper orbit will score double jackpots and also increase the jackpot 2x as much.
Add-A-Ball: Spell STRANGE at the disc to summon the Eye of Agamotto, then shoot the Sanctum target for an additional ball!
Spin the disc to spell S-T-R-A-N-G-E and qualify 5 of the 6 Gem Quests (not the Soul
Gem Quest). Hitting the disc after rolling through the right inlane will spot two STRANGE letters per spin. Prem: Shoot the Portal to start. Pro: Shoot the Center or Right Ramp to start.
If you complete a Gem Quest, you collect the Gem and can use it to your advantage (see below on Placing Gems); you also get an “health bonus” based on your Avengers’ remaining health:
- In the green: 10 mil
- In the yellow: 5 mil
- in the solid red: 2.5 mil
- in the blinking red: YOU GET NOTHING, GOOD DAY SIR
Note that the Avengers health bar will never actually run out. The only way to lose a quest is to drain.
If you fail the Quest, Thanos gets the Gem. This will be indicated on the display; however, you can replay Quests you’ve failed if you acquire the Soul Gem. If you fail them again, though, say goodbye to your Soul Gem (unless you’re able to collect the Super Jackpot during Black Order Multiball).
Portal Locks & Victory Laps - Prior to starting a Gem Quest, you can earn a “Portal Lock” through game features, such as combos, a Secret Skill Shot, Hawkeye Challenge, and the Computer Grid. Lock 1 or 2 balls (Prem: in the Portal, Pro: spin the disc for a “virtual” lock) to make the next Gem Quest a 2 or 3 ball multiball with double or triple scoring so long as you keep 2 or 3 balls in play. If you drain down to single-ball play during a Quest, the Quest continues at 1x scoring. If you complete a Quest with Portal locked balls in play, you go into Victory Laps for the remainder of multiball play. You can make progress toward both Iron Man and Thor multiballs, and can stack either (but not both) of those into a Gem Quest multiball; this will block progress toward the multiball that wasn’t started until single-ball play.
You cannot claim portal locks during a Gem Quest, but you can qualify them during one, and they will be available after your Quest and applicable for your next Quest. Portal locks cannot be used on the Soul Gem quest (though it would probably not be a good idea anyway).
During Victory Laps, shooting the disc will start a hurry-up at all major shots (each one can only be made once). Making the shots will collect the value, which can be increased throughout the mode with additional disc shots. When all shots are made once, the victory laps will relight.
Gem Quest Details:
Mind [Blue] (Captain Marvel, Hulk, Black Widow and Black Panther VS. Supergiant)
Hulk, Marvel, Panther, and Black Widow are lit. Shooting any of them “frees” that avenger from the mind control enough to light the Disc to “break free”. The more avengers you free before shooting the disc adds a multiplier to the break free value. 1 avenger = 1x, 2 avengers = 2x, 3 avengers = 3x, 4 avengers = 5x. Repeat this sequence two more times to light Sanctum target for finishing blow.
Power [Red] (Hulk VS. Black Dwarf)
Shots light in spans of 3 flashing red shots, with the center of the three shots being the “critical hit” for 30% damage and the other two being “glancing blows” for 15% damage. Critical hits also score more points, and will multiply the final blow value. The shot values can always be raised at the disc, and once per attack at the spinner (lit solid red), allowing one spinner rip in between attacks to pump up the value. Do enough damage to light left orbit flashing red for Final Blow, which is equal to your current critical hit value multiplied by the number of critical hits you got (plus 1). Put the Reality Gem on this bad boy for some fireworks! Critical hit shots are lit in this order: Captain Marvel, pops lane, upper loop, Tower. This order will loop if not enough damage has been done.
Space [Purple] (Captain Marvel, Black Widow and Black Panther VS. Corvus Glaive)
Attack with combos, using shots that feed the right inlane switch (either R orbit or upper loop) to “parry,” lighting the left orbit (“attack”). Complete three Attacks to win.
If you combo prior to your Parry shot, you’ll get either 2x or 4x depending on the combo:
- Left ramp -> Right Orbit will light 2x attack.
- Right ramp -> Inner loop will also light 2x attack.
- Left ramp->Right ramp->Inner loop will light 4x attack.
After each attack, the pop bumpers will also score some bonus points (50k per bumper, multiplied by the attack combo multiplier, for 5 seconds).
Time [Orange] (Captain America, Iron Man and Thor VS. Proxima Midnight)
Shoot left and right ramps once each, then cycling lit drop target on the grid. The lit target starts at 3x value, but with each miss to an unlit drop target, the multiplier goes down by one to 2x, 1x, and then will freeze on the middle drop target for 1/2x value. Note that the lit target will still cycle to lowered drops that were from a missed shot when it was previously unlit. Repeat the sequence 3 times to win, with the speed at which the lit drop target cycles getting faster and faster with each sequence.
- If the Power Gem is placed on the Computer Grid drops, then hitting any unlit drop target will count as a successful 1x shot.
- The Reality Gem placed on the drops makes the targets reset when you hit an incorrect one (helps give you more options).
Reality [Yellow] (Dr. Strange VS. Ebony Maw)
Shoot the disc to add letters to STRANGE and light all RGB arrows in yellow. Every revolution of the disc adds a letter, and each letter acts as a multiplier on your yellow arrow awards. The letters slowly extinguish, with later letters counting down faster, but they can be added back by spinning the disc at any time. Shoot 8 yellow arrows to win (note: you can’t repeat shots during this mode).
Placing and Changing Gems:
Completing a Gem Quest will light the Right Ramp to collect the Gem. Then you shoot an eligible, vacant shot to place that Gem onto the shot (their gem inserts will be pulsing in the color of the Gem you just collected). Placing Gems on a shot will provide a perk based on the Gem and the shot itself. Gems can be placed on shots with a diamond insert: Drop Target Bank, Hulk (L orbit), Captain America (Pops loop), Black Widow (L ramp), Captain Marvel and Black Panther (R orbit).
It’s possible to move Gems around to different shots by using the Space Gem perk, or by lighting “Change Gems” (lit every time you assemble all Avengers, or from a computer grid award) and initiating it at the Antman shot (right ramp on the Pro after qualifying it at the target). This will give you 13 seconds (20 seconds if the Space Gem has been acquired) to use the flippers and action button to change which gem is on each shot. Any gems that haven’t been placed before the timer ends will be placed on a random unoccupied shot. This process is required to recharge certain gem perks.
- Action Button will spot shots (one use for each time progress towards Avenger qualification is made on its corresponding shot), with similarities to the BOOM button in Deadpool. After all uses are depleted, the gem must be replaced in order to use it again:
- If Mind Gem is on an uncollected / collected Avenger, action button will only work on THAT shot for all modes running.
- If placed on level 1 Avenger, action button will spot the best shot anywhere on the playfield (what the game thinks is the “best” shot) for each mode that is running.
- If placed on level 2 Avenger, action button will act like a Big Boom and spot all shots in all running modes, left to right, in order. This can be very helpful during Hulk Rampage! Unlike the other perks, this only works once and then resets your total number of uses.
- If placed on the drop targets, the action button can be used to stop the strobing lights and allow you to gain computer grid awards easier. Must be replaced after three grid collections through this method.
- If placed on Captain Marvel, scores 1 ramp / 10 spins worth of progress towards a count up award and spots whatever is currently lit there. Must be replaced after three presses.
- Spot an additional shot’s worth of progress towards qualifying Avengers where the Gem is placed. If placed on Captain Marvel, this will count as 2x progression towards the count-up awards; if placed on the drop targets, an additional box on the grid will be spotted for each drops completion, up to three times, and Change Gems (or the Space Gem) must then be activated to change the gem’s position (this is done to prevent exploiting the rule).
- Carry Over Avenger level between ball and wizard modes. If you reach level 2, that shot multiplier will remain intact for the rest of the ball. The aforementioned shots can’t be leveled up, though, so be sure to consider your options or change gems if you’re about to start a mode that would encourage making the Avenger shots.
- Shooting the Space Gem shot enables the action button for 3 seconds to move all placed Gems from left to right (as a group), without having to qualify and shoot Change Gems. A Gem on the R orbit will wrap around to the Computer Grid. The best place to put this gem is on a shot that takes a while for the ball to return, like the right orbit or left ramp. After using it once, the gem must be leveled up at whichever shot it landed on (for Captain Marvel, at the next count-up award, for the drop targets, after a computer grid award is collected) to qualify it again. If you shoot a qualified Space Gem on:
- an uncollected / collected Avenger shot, each gem can only be moved one space
- a level 1 Avenger, each gem can be moved two spaces
- a level 2 Avenger, each gem can be moved three spaces
Note: unlike Change Gems, you cannot independently change the relative positioning of the Gems – they all move one space to the right, or none at all.
- As soon as the Time Gem is acquired, Multiball ball savers will have additional time given to them (this time is determined by which shot the gem is placed on). This can be helpful for Portal Multiball if you want to get the mode objectives out of the way without risking the Multiball.
- A shot to wherever the Time Gem is placed will add time to the current ticking master timer, or store time in a time bank that is then added once your next timed mode is started. If there are any shots you find particularly easy or reliable to make, putting the Time Gem on that shot might be a good idea. Timer values are:
- +5 seconds for uncollected / collected Avengers
- +8 seconds for level 1 Avengers
- +15 seconds for level 2 Avengers
- +10 seconds if placed on Captain Marvel or drop targets
- Adds a shot multiplier to whichever shot the Reality Gem is placed on, based on the level of the shot’s corresponding Avenger:
- 2x for Avenger below level 1 (or any shot without a corresponding Avenger),
- 3x for Avenger level 1,
- 4x for level 2 Avenger (this replaces the 2x you normally get for a level 2 Avenger).
- 2x for drop targets (also scores computer grid awards for knocking down 2 of the 3 drop targets, up to three times; has to be replaced after three attempts, but the 2x perk remains)
- Try placing this gem on Avengers who are at level 2. This might take a while to do, so take advantage of the Change Gems feature to accomplish this.
Soul Gem Jackpot: After completing a non-Soul Gem Quest, the next time you collect a gem, wherever the Soul Gem is placed is lit to collect the Soul Gem Jackpot for a percentage of the last Quest score:
- 25% for uncollected Avenger,
- 50% for collected Avenger,
- 75% if Avenger is Level 1,
- 150% if Avenger is Level 2 (2 x 75% because of level 2 Avenger 2x shot perk). (Note: this cannot stack with 2x/3x Quest scoring from portal locks, because you have to drain down to single ball play in order to place the earned Gem from the completed Quest prior to collecting your Soul Gem Jackpot.)
- Drop Targets and Captain Marvel always award 50% of the completed Quest.
- Replay any Gem Quest (even completed ones). But if you fail the quest, you’ll lose the soul gem. For riskier quests you might be better off bringing Portal Multiball or one of the other two Multiballs into them.
- Multiball Extender in Black Order Multiball (similar to Scared Stiff; replenishes your balls and the ball saver when you first drain down to one)
- Longer ball save in Battle Thanos
- If there’s any shot you know you can make consistently, place the Soul Gem on it. DON’T put it on a more difficult shot. And whatever you do, don’t lose it!
Shooting the shots or completing features that correspond to the 6 main Avengers: Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor and Black Panther, will allow you to “collect” that Avenger. After you’ve collected an Avenger, continue shooting that Avenger’s shot/feature to upgrade him/her to a level 1 and level 2, each with its own unique perks. When you lose your ball, each Avenger’s level and perks will disappear, but their collected status is retained. Placing the Power Gem on an Avenger shot will hold over the levels/perks from ball to ball. When you finish a mini-wizard mode, you will lose any un-Powered Avengers’ levels and collected status.
Hulk - Shoot the left spinner enough times to qualify.
- Level 1 = 2x Hulk Rampage + qualifies Gamma Ray (only once).
- Level 2 = All left orbit and spinner shots score 2x.
Iron Man - Spell IRON at the inlanes and outlanes enough times to qualify. These lane inserts can’t be lane-changed with the flippers - you have to shoot the spinning disc to cycle the lit inserts. However, you can hit the Sanctum target when it’s lit for “Spot IRON” to lite one letter (this is lit by hitting the Antman shot). Spelling IRON also qualifies the locks at the tower for Iron Man Multiball and increases your Arc Reactor value.
- Level 1 = All arc reactor shots score 2x.
- Level 2 = All Iron Man Multiball scores 2x.
- Note: Iron Man is one of two Avengers whose level cannot be protected by the Power Gem.
Captain America - Make enough pop bumper hits to qualify. Each bumper hit also adds to the SHIELD Bonus. 10 pop bumper hits can be spotted by shooting the lane between them (20 if the Power Gem is placed on this shot).
- Level 1 = All pop bumper hits score 2x.
- Level 2 = Pop bumper lane scores 2x.
Black Widow - Make the left ramp enough times to qualify. Note that you can’t advance Black Widow by passing the ball over to the right flipper from the left ramp return, another switch has to be registered before the qualification process starts again.
- Level 1 = Thor Inlane Helper (left inlane briefly lights THOR captive ball for 2x letters)
- Level 2 = Center ramp scores 2x.
Thor - Spell THOR enough times at the captive ball to qualify. Making enough captive ball shots also lites Thor Multiball at the captive ball.
- Level 1 = Super Slings enabled (best feature ever).
- Level 2 = Captive ball scores 2x.
- Note: Thor is one of two Avengers whose level cannot be protected by the Power Gem.
Black Panther - Make the right orbit enough times to qualify.
- Level 1 = 3 seconds added to combo timer.
- Level 2 = Right orbit scores 2x.
Assemble the Avengers to qualify mini-wizard modes and light Change Gems:
- 1st time: 5M + Soul Gem Quest
- 2nd time: 10M + Black Order Multiball
- 3rd time: 20M + Battle Royale
The requirements to collect each Avenger increase in difficulty after each of the above modes is played.
Soul Gem Quest:
Before the quest begins, you’ll be awarded a bonus for each of the 6 Avengers you collected to qualify this mode based on their level.
The Quest has unlimited ball save, but you only have 30 flips to use. Shooting a lit shot will add 8 additional flips (this can allow your bank to go past 30), and draining the ball will take away 5 flips. Shoot the sequence of 8 lit shots to complete the mode. You receive a bonus of 500k x your remaining flips (the final shot does not add 8 more to this) and also acquire the elusive Soul Gem for completing this mode, which can be very helpful later in the game. See below in Gems section.
The shots required for the Soul Gem Quest are always given in the same order (ie. Secure Control Room from JP2). If Mystery is lit or if you get a Flank Attack, both will spot you the current lit shot you need for the mode (once each), unless the lit shot is the final one at the Tower. The shots are in order as follows:
- Right orbit
- Left ramp
- Gauntlet ramp
- Left orbit
- Captive ball
- Drop targets
- Captain Marvel (on the Pro, approximately 30 spins are needed)
If you run out of flips, you will lose the Quest, and be aware that your ball is now “in normal play” at that moment! (In other words, there isn’t any “kill power to the flippers” sequence). If you drain with 1-5 flips left, you will lose the Quest, but your ball will be saved and you continue normal play. Tilting during the mode also counts as having failed it and costs you your ball, so I wouldn’t advise you do it.
Black Order Multiball:
Qualified by Assembling the Avengers a 2nd time.
This Multiball functions similarly to Monsters of Rock from Monster Bash, but with the additional twist of having multiplied Jackpots encouraging players to actually aim for all of the shots. All six main Avengers are lit. After certain thresholds of shots are made to them (listed below), a Jackpot will be lit at the upper loop. The more Avengers you collect, the higher the jackpot value and the higher the jackpot multiplier. Each time you light a jackpot, Captain Marvel will also light for an additional jackpot multiplier, meaning if you focus equally on lighting the jackpots and making the Captain Marvel shot enough times, you can get some HUGE jackpot multipliers!
After collecting the jackpot, spin the disc to spell STRANGE and light super jackpot at the Pops Lane (Captain America). Super Jackpot will award a base value of 5 million + the points for all jackpots you’ve collected since your last super jackpot, unlight the jackpot if it’s lit, add a ball, give you back your Soul Gem if you lost it during a replayed quest, and reset the Avengers qualification process to start over again. Drop targets during this mode will boost the Jackpot and boost the “Avenger Value”, which is a small amount of points you get for working towards lighting a jackpot (and also how much goes in to the jackpot).
The thresholds required for each Avenger are:
- Hulk - 50 spinner hits
- Iron Man - Complete inlanes once
- Captain America - 20 bumper hits
- Black Widow - 3 left ramps
- Thor - 4 captive balls
- Black Panther - 3 right orbits
- If you possessed the Soul Gem prior to starting the mode by completing Soul Gem Quest, you will get a Multiball Extender in this mode like Scared Stiff!
- If you haven’t collected a super jackpot, there is a fairly generous timer after draining down to one ball to allow you to collect one last jackpot or super jackpot.
Black Order Battle Royale:
Qualified by Assembling the Avengers a 3rd time.
It’s time to bring the fight to the Black Order for real. You have 6 lives, represented by the 6 Avenger inserts in the middle of the playfield, and each insert corresponds to their respective shot. Each Avenger has a health bar; if the health bar reaches 0%, the Avenger will tap out and be replaced by a new one. The health bar decreases through various factors:
- Depleting the number of given flips on the display
- Timer reaching 0
- Draining a ball (deals a ton of damage)
The members of the Black Order are represented by all of the shots being lit, and clearing waves of shots will defeat members. The longer you keep an Avenger alive, the more points you get for successful attacks and the more bonus points you’ll score.
The supporting characters also have roles in the mode; making their shots will give you some helpful perks.
- Drop targets - Summons Vision to give you more flips, reducing the chance of damage being taken from running out of flips.
- Strange disc - Spelling STRANGE lights a rotating POWER-UP insert for 3x damage. 4x damage if there’s also an arrow shot on there. Times out after 10 seconds but can be reactivated with another spin. More spins move the power up around.
- Captain Marvel - Freezes the timer for a short time, reducing the chance of damage being taken from time running out.
- Hawkeye - Shooting Hawkeye loop will light the three shots on the left for an attack. If you shoot an already lit arrow this way it’ll count as 2 attacks
- Antman - Deals damage the first time (ie. a normal shot during the mode). The second time, summons Wasp to add another ball into play, multiplying all scores and damage by 2x.
A bonus is given for completing this mode based on remaining Avengers, remaining flips, and remaining time (how is this determined?).
Qualified by completing all five Gem Quests and starting Black Order Multiball. This will likely be started before Battle Royale, but no perks are given if Battle Royale is started first.
Computer Grid Awards:
The grid consists of 9 main awards arranged in a 3 X 3 grid. The currently lit award will cycle until any drop target is hit, complete the remaining drop targets to collect the award. If the Power Gem is on the drop targets, then an additional award will be spotted for each hit. This makes it much easier to advance through the grid. Remember to recharge your Power Gem, though. Awards are:
Bonus X – Light Lock – 2X Shield
750K Points – Spot Avenger – Bonus X
2X Arc Reactor – Bonus X – Spot Bullseyes
Collecting 3 awards in a row will award features or start a Super Mode. These are randomly arranged each game (they will remain the same for all the players in a multiplayer game), so the same row won’t always award the same feature or start the same Super Mode every game. These features and Super Modes are:
- Change Gems
- Portal Lock (just one)
- +5X Bonus
- Extra Ball (awarded instantly)
- Collect Bonus (stacks with 2x and 3x multipliers from Portal Multiball, so… um, yeah, go for that)
- Trophy (three instances of this award for Bronze/Silver/Gold)
- Ball Saver
- 10M Points
- Hulk Rampage (All shots lit green for big points boosted by the spinner, try and complete them all to relight them. Mind gem on a level 2 Avenger can be ridiculous in this mode. Level 1 Hulk boosts scoring in this mode by 2x.)
- Super Reactor (Arc reactor bonus lit for the entirety of the mode. Each hit awards the arc reactor bonus with a multiplier up to 4x depending on the strength of the shot, and boosts the base value of the shot by higher amounts depending on the strength.)
- Super Gauntlet (Gauntlet ramp lit for 20 seconds, loop the ramp as many times as possible for increasing scores.)
- Super Targets (Shoot targets for millions. Completing all three Hawkeye targets boosts the value of all of the targets.) Complete 2 sets of these during the mode to light an extra ball as well!
- Super Combos (Shoot combos for big points. All progress towards combo awards when this timer is active will be doubled as well.)
- Super Disc (Shoot disc in either direction for points, then shoot the disc in the other direction to increase the multiplier for each spin up to 5x per spin.)
Note: All of the Computer Grid Award modes share one timer, ie. modes in TSPP. Starting an additional mode while others are running will reset the timer for all active modes.
Super Computer Frenzy:
Qualified by playing all 6 Computer Super Modes.
In this Multiball, all shots are lit in colors that represent the different inserts on the bingo grid (ie. left orbit = yellow, Tower = teal, etc.). Completing a shot will spot its corresponding grid lamp and score a jackpot; making a bingo on the grid will score a super jackpot. Completing a “double” bingo awards two double super jackpots (4x), and completing a “triple” bingo awards three triple super jackpots (9x). The Jackpot value can be boosted by the captive ball and each super jackpot also boosts the jackpot value.
Add-A-Ball: Completing the drop targets during this Multiball will award an additional ball, up to two times.
There are 6?? EB’s available on default settings:
- Bullseye Target completions: 3
- Hawkeye Challenge Level 2 awards EB
- Captain Marvel ramps: 12 lights EB
- Combos: now 50
- Computer Grid tic-tac-toe award
- Trophies: 8
Unlike the first two Elwin pins with untimed combo rules, AIQ’s combo feature is the more traditional rule of natural flowing combo shots lighting for a combo shot for a couple seconds after the prior shot. Combo shots will be flashing white (or flashing rainbow if in Super Combos). The number of combos made accumulates across your entire game, and reaching certain thresholds provides different rewards:
- 4 combos lights a Portal Lock
- 8 combos lights Combo Jackpot
- 10 combos lights a Portal Lock
- 12 combos lights Combo Jackpot
- 20 combos lights Portal Lock and Combo Jackpot
- 30 combos lights Combo Jackpot
- 35 combos lights Portal Lock
- 40 combos lights Combo Jackpot
- 45 combos lights Portal Lock
- 50 combos lights Extra Ball
- 55 combos lights Portal Lock and Combo Jackpot
- Every 5 combos from now on alternates between Portal Lock and Light Combo Jackpot
Arc Reactor Bonus:
Completing the drop targets will light the Tower for the Arc Reactor Bonus, which can be multiplied up to 4x depending on the strength of the shot. The base value of the bonus can be boosted by completing IRON and multiplied by collecting 2x Avengers Tower off of the drop targets or having Iron Man at Level 1.
Pop bumpers increase your current Shield Bonus based on how high of a level Captain America is, and also increases the base value of it by a much smaller amount. Shooting the upper loop lights Captain America for 15 seconds to collect the Shield Bonus. Once collected, the value resets to the base value (which will be higher than before, as pop bumpers both raise the current shield value, and the “reset” value). Each time you collect a Shield Bonus it will collect or upgrade a trophy. Completing the drop targets while the Shield Bonus is lit will double its value.
Captain Marvel Count-Up:
Shots to the Captain Marvel shot are accumulated throughout the game, and several awards can be obtained by making enough shots (ie. tower rules from JP2). On the Pro, making enough spins will collect the award (numbers are ramp counts listed here multiplied by 30), while on the Premium / LE, the ramp has to be made. If the Power Gem is placed on this shot, you’ll make double the progress you normally would with every shot. Awards are:
- 3 ramps - Light Mystery
- 6 ramps - Points + Light Mystery
- 10 ramps - Light Mystery
- 12 ramps - Light Extra Ball
- 15 ramps - Points + Light Mystery
- 18 ramps - Bronze Trophy
- 32 ramps - Silver Trophy
- 48 ramps - Gold Trophy
- 50 ramps - Light Extra Ball
Mystery can be lit at the Antman shot in several ways, either from enough shots to Captain Marvel or after successfully making a Super Skill Shot. Possible awards are:
- Max Time Bank
- Add-A-Ball (once per Multiball, but only available during non-portal Multiballs. If you start a gem quest with a portal lock, add a ball is not enabled. Nice change from the usual.)
- Spot Soul Gem Shot (during Soul Gem Quest)
- Spot 3 STRANGE Letters
- Collect Avenger (once per game, if you have 5 out of 6 Avengers, this will almost always be awarded for you)
- Advance Captain Marvel +3 ramps (+45 spins on Pro)
- Hulk-Sized Points (10 mil)
- Start a Timed Mode (aka Super Mode; any of the six from the computer grid that haven’t been played yet; once per game, this will almost always be awarded if a super mode is already ongoing, resetting the timer in the process.)
- Spot IRON Set
- Spot THOR Set
- Light Hawkeye Challenge
- Hold Bonus X
- +5x Bonus
- Light Change Gems
Qualify by shooting the 3 Bullseye targets. When lit, shoot Avengers Tower to start Hawkeye Challenge. The first time the challenge is activated, the display will countdown and release the ball, and your goal is to hit the inner loop (just need to break the opto) or bullseye target. Subsequent attempts at the challenge increase the difficulty from level 1 to level 2, level 3, and level Karl (yes, really), with better rewards, but no warning for when the ball will be released. Awards are:
- Level 1 - Portal Lock + 5M
- Level 2 - Extra Ball (awarded instantly)
- Level 3 - Collect Gem (whichever one is currently flashing)
- Level Karl - ?
At any point in the game, loop the gauntlet ramp up to three times using the upper flipper to increase the combo multiplier (maxes at 3x), and then shoot the upper loop to collect it. The game keeps track of the number of these combos; every 5 will spot the currently flashing Computer Grid square, and every 10 will award or upgrade a Trophy. A 3x combo counts as 3 combos when it comes to these thresholds.
Increase the bonus multiplier by making shots to the pop lane or by powering up Avengers (getting them to level 1 or 2). Computer grid awards and Mystery can also give additional bonus multipliers. Bonus X maxes at 25x and resets each ball unless Hold Bonus X is active.
Level Hulk up to Level 1 to qualify Gamma Ray mode, shown by the right inlane “O” light flashing. Rolling over the flashing right inlane begins short timed mode where the Hulk spinner scores points and increases in value with each spin. The spinner value starts at 50k; each spin awards that value and increases it by 5k. Cool lighting and sound effects during this mode but unless you have a ton of multipliers active, it’s worth ignoring this and focusing on other objectives.
Achievement system for various gameplay goals, awarded at a bronze, silver, or gold level.
24 of the 32 Trophies must be collected (at any award level) to qualify the “true” wizard mode: Trophy Mania. The more golds and silvers you have while playing Trophy Mania, the higher scoring it will be.
Trophies also get added permanently to End of Ball Bonus, before bonus X is taken into account. Golds will add a whopping 200k each pre-multiplier! Additionally, combo values are increased by +15k per bronze trophy you have, +30k for each silver, and +60k for each Gold.
Gem quests are in bold. The trophy for these is awarded when you collect the gem:
Bronze – less than 15 mil quest total,
Silver – 15,000,000 to 29,999,990
Gold – 30 mil or more
Super modes are in bold italic and are awarded when the super mode runs out of time, or you drain:
Bronze – 2,500,000 to 4,999,990
Silver – 5,000,000 to 9,999,990
Gold – 10 mil or more
Unless otherwise noted, the other trophy colors all start at bronze, and get upgraded to silver then gold as you get them again. For “level 2” avenger trophies, if avenger has the power gem, upon exiting a wizard mode (and MAYBE starting a new ball, not sure), your trophy will be automatically upgraded for you!
- Collect Soul Gem
- Collect Power Gem
- Collect Space Gem
- Collect Mind Gem
- Collect Time Gem
- Collect Reality Gem
- Super Skill Shot
- Secret Skill Shot
- Iron Man Multiball
- Tower 2x Super Jackpot
- Disc Super Jackpot collected (after phase 4 of arrows)
- Thor Multiball Super Jackpot
- Combos x number of combos
- Hawkeye Challenge Success
- Computer Bingo Award
- Fully Power Thor
- Fully Power Iron man
- Fully Power Black Panther
- Fully Power Black Widow
- Fully Power Captain America
- Fully Powered Hulk
- Marvel loops
- 18 or 540 spins
- 32 or 960 spins
- 48 or 1,440 spins
- Hawkeye Combos
- Collect Shield Bonus
- Black Order Multiball Super Jackpot
- Battle Thanos
- Start Battle Thanos
- Start Defeat Thanos
- Finish Defeat Thanos
- Super Reactor
- Super Disc
- Hulk Rampage
- Super Gauntlet
- Super Targets
- Super Combos
- Computer Frenzy Multiball
- Single-line Super Jackpot
- Double-line 2x Super Jackpot
- Triple-line 3x Super Jackpot
- Black Order Battle Royale
- Start mode
- defeat 2 villains
When the mode starts, depending on how many of each type of trophy you collected, a portion of the 8 RGB shots are lit of that type. For example if you collected 12 bronze, 6 silver, and 6 gold trophies, then 4 shots are lit for Bronze, 2 shots lit for silver, and 2 shots lit for Gold (RGB arrows colored to show you this. Orange colored for bronze, white for silver, and yellow for gold).
THOR Captive ball rotates trophies one position.
Strange disc raises trophy value.
Every time you shoot an arrow you get the Trophy Jackpot based on what type of trophy the arrow is, and collect one of those trophies for your trophy case. Base jackpot 1 mil. Bronze jackpot = 1x, Silver jackpot = 2x, Gold jackpot = 4x. The shot you just made will then swap with the closest shot going in the right-most direction that is a different colored trophy. Trophies move around this way. At 12 Trophies and 24 Trophies you will get an add-a-ball. Collecting 24 trophies fills a trophy case and lights Super Jackpot at Antman. When super is lit, drop targets will become available to form one-time bingo(s) to multiply the super by 2x, 3x, or 5x based on how many bingos at once. When the super is lit, the RGB arrows will still continue to award Trophy Jackpots (and increase the super jackpot), but will not collect trophies (thus not advancing towards next add-a-ball) until you collect the super. Once super is collected you can start working on another case. Super Jackpot value is based on points awarded from Trophy Jackpots.
Fun With Bonus
Each of the following are how many of these you’ve made THIS ball:
- Switch hits x 250
- Computer grid squares x 25k
- Arc reactors x 25k
- Hawkeye shots x 25k
- Combos x 25k
These are saved throughout your whole game:
- Bronze trophies x 50k
- Silver trophies x 100k
- Gold trophies x 200k
- Gems collected x 250k
All multiplied by your bonus X.