- Game Information
- Premium/LE vs. Pro Differences (Physical and Rules)
- Modes of Play
- Skill Shots
- Iron Man Multiball
- Thor Multiball
- Gem Quests
- Assemble Avengers
- Assemble Avengers Modes
- Thanos Attacks
- Battle Thanos Wizard Mode
- Super Victory Laps
- Computer Grid Awards
- Computer Frenzy Multiball
- Other Features
- Trophy Mania
- Lead Designer: Keith Elwin
- Code/Rules: Rick Naegele, Raymond Davidson, Brett Z Rubin, Mike Kyzivat, Keith Elwin
- Lead Mechanical Engineer: Harrison Drake
- Artwork: Zombie Yeti
- Display and Animations: Chuck Ernst, Paul Chamnankit, Joshua Clay
- Music and Sound: Jerry Thompson, Ken Hale
- Release Date: September 2020
- Wiki Rulesheet based on Code Rev: 1.01
- Edit the Code revision, if applicable, when you make changes
Avengers: Infinity Quest is a 2020 release from Stern Pinball, and the third design by professional pinball player Keith Elwin. The table follows the Avengers’ attempts to restore order to the world and defeat the “Mad Titan”, Thanos, by retrieving the Infinity Gems from the Black Order’s clutches.
- Left slingshot: Standard.
- Left inlane: Can be lit for “R” in IRON. Lane inserts changed by Spinning Disc and not from flipper button lane-change. When Black Widow is at level 1, this will light the captive ball for 2x advance.
- Left outlane: Can be lit for “I” in IRON.
- Computer drop target bank: 3-bank. Shots to specific drop targets collect their corresponding, cycling awards (ie. Stern Cheetah target rules). Get 3 awards in-a-row to earn a Super feature/mode. An Infinity Gem can be placed on this shot.
- Left orbit/spinner: Hulk Power Up shot. Spinner used in other modes such as Gamma Ray. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Reverse Ramp: reverse-facing ramp that is fed by a full plunge, as well as shots to the Upper Loop and Right Orbit. Crosses the playfield and feeds the right inlane.
- Upper flipper: Standard size
- Upper flipper up-post: allows the ball to be held above the upper flipper after a shot to the center Gauntlet Ramp.
- Avengers Tower vertical magnetic vari-target & lock: optos register how far up the ball travels vertically, reaching the upper dead-end of the tower that features a magnet to grab/hold the ball, before releasing it to feed the Upper Flipper. Starts Iron Man multiball and Hawkeye Challenge, among other awards.
- Sling Ring Spinning Disc (Prem: with pop-up disc scoop): a TOTAN-style spinning disc with only one post instead of two, spelling out STRANGE to qualify Quests and rotating lit lower lane IRON inserts, among other things. On the Prem/LE only, the disc raises (similar to CV’s RingMaster) to physically lock a ball in the subway for Portal Locks.
- Portal Subway (Prem. only): see-through subway that can stage up to two balls (similar to Flight 2K). Fed by the raised Sling Ring disc scoop, and feeds the Antman VUK.
- Sanctum standup target: gives various awards lit on the sign above it, such as Extra Ball, Add-a-Ball, and Spot IRON.
- Pop bumpers (3): provide progress toward Captain America Avenger levels, among other things.
- Pops lane: Very tough to make but rewarding. Captain America Power-Up shot and Shield Bonus collect. Returns down the Left Orbit rail. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Left Ramp: Black Widow Power-Up shot. Steep ramp that feeds the left inlane. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Bullseye purple standup target: 1st of 3.
- Center Gauntlet Ramp: unique convex-shaped entrance to the ramp allows it to be hit from all three flippers. Collect Gem when lit, and also begins Hawkeye Combo. Feeds the upper flipper.
- Upper loop: shot from Upper Flipper. Feeds the Reverse Ramp.
- Bullseye purple standup target: 2nd of 3.
- Captain Marvel shot: Counts up toward various awards such as light Mystery and extra ball. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Prem: Vertical 180-degree ramp that feeds the right inlane (below the inlane switch)
- Pro: Spinner lane that feeds the return down the Right Orbit.
- Captive Ball: Thor Power-Up shot. Spells THOR for Thor Multiball.
- Right Orbit: Black Panther Power-Up shot. Feeds the Reverse Ramp. You can place an Infinity Gem on this shot.
- Bullseye standup target: 3rd of 3.
- Ant-Man VUK (Prem / LE) / target (Pro): lit for Mystery and Change Gems. VUK feeds the Captain Marvel ramp return.
- Right Outlane: Can be lit for “N” in IRON.
- Right Inlane: Can be lit for “O” in IRON. Rolling through this inlane during normal play (outside of when auto plunge is enabled) will temporarily make all spins worth 2x the progress towards lighting a mode.
- Right slingshot: Standard.
Premium/LE vs. Pro Differences (Physical and Rules):
- Ant-Man shot is a scoop with a VUK that feeds the ball to the right flipper via a wireform.
- Spinning disc lifts out of the playfield revealing an under-Disc shot that feeds through a subway into the Ant-Man VUK.
- Captain Marvel shot is a ramp shot that feeds to the right flipper.
- THOR Captive Ball is a longer lane, meaning the ball needs to travel further to register for shot credit.
- Ant-Man shot is a dead-end lane with a stand-up target.
- Spinning disc does not lift out of the playfield. Therefore, there is no under-Disc shot or subway.
- Captain Marvel shot is a spinner lane that feeds back to the right flipper via the right orbit.
- THOR Captive Ball is a shorter lane, meaning the ball needs to travel a shorter distance to register for shot credit.
- Qualifying a Portal Lock will lift and light the under-Disc shot to physically lock a ball in the subway.
- Qualifying a Portal Lock will light the Disc, 1 full spin of the Disc will award a virtual Portal Lock.
Gem Quest Start, Assemble Avengers Modes, Thanos Attacks, Battle Thanos:
- When qualified, the Spinning disc will lift and light the under-Disc shot to start the mode.
- When qualified, the Gauntlet Ramp will light to start the mode.
- When qualified, it will light the Ant-Man scoop to start Change Gems.
- When qualified, it will light the Ant-Man stand-up target, which will light the Gauntlet Ramp to start Change Gems.
Captain Marvel Shot:
- Captain Marvel Ramp awards are given at X shot completions. 1 shot on the Premium/LE is equal to 30 spins on the Pro.
- Successful ramp shot required for shot credit.
- Go Binary mode: 2 shot hurry-up for points and completing the hurry-up will increase shot multiplier by 1X, up to 5X max.
- Captain Marvel Ramp awards are given at X spinner completions. 30 spins on the Pro is equal to 1 shot on the Premium/LE.
- Single spin of spinner required for shot credit.
- Go Binary mode: 2 shot hurry-up for points with NO increasing shot multiplier.
Modes of Play:
These modes are accessible by holding both flipper buttons during attract mode until a menu appears. The following options are available:
See below for full rulesheet.
Same as Standard but with elements of randomness removed.
In this challenge mode you play a modified version of the Battle Royale Wizard Mode.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS NEEDED
NOT a gameplay mode. This mode operates like a Jukebox, allowing you to play the music featured in the machine, including a number of specific playlists (All songs, The infinity gauntlet, Wizard favorites).
All Skill Shots award points and additional initial ball-save time. Super & Secret Skill Shots have associated perks.
Regular Skill Shot:
Plunge the ball softly into the top rollover near the pop bumpers to score the skill shot, worth 250K + 100k per successful skill shot + 3 seconds of ball save.
Super Skill Shot:
Full plunge. From the R flipper, shoot the Avengers Tower for 1m + 150k per successful skill shot + 5 seconds of ball save. The first time this is done in a game, Mystery will be lit at the Antman shot.
Secret Skill Shot 1:
Medium plunge so ball goes around the orbit curve, but does not make it to the Regular Skill Shot, and rolls backward down the upper loop. Awards 3 mil + 200k per successful skill shot + 10 seconds of ball save + instantly lights one Portal Lock.
- Note: the Secret Skill Shot will register as long as the ball hits the upper loop switch within the time limit. If you miss your Super Skill Shot and immediately shoot the upper loop from your upper flipper, or if you miss the secondary Secret Skill Shot and the ball rebounds into the upper loop off the drop targets, this will still be awarded.
Secret Skill Shot 2:
Full plunge and shoot the center drop target to collect 3m + 200k per skill shot, the currently flashing grid square, and 10 seconds of ball saver.
- Note: If the wrong drop target is hit, there will be a short grace period of about four seconds to hit the center drop target and get credit for the Secret Skill Shot. On the first ball of a game, if you plunge during the intro animation, the grid square awarded will be 2x Arc Reactor - meaning the next drop target completion is guaranteed to award one of the super modes.
Iron Man Multiball:
Iron Man is the technician of the Avengers, who specializes in aerial combat and designed the Tower to accommodate his needs. Spell I-R-O-N on the inlanes / outlanes to light the 3 locks at the Tower shot. Lock 3 balls to start Iron Man Multiball. On subsequent attempts, lighting the locks becomes harder; only one lock will be lit for each completion the second time, and every time thereafter, lock stacking will be disabled. The lit IRON letters DO NOT lane-change using the flipper buttons - only shots to the disc will cycle them. You can also spot an IRON lane from the Sanctum target when “Spot IRON” is lit (lit by default initially, needs to be relit by shooting Ant-Man on subsequent attempts).
Iron Man Multiball works in different phases. Each phase awards higher base jackpot values than the last. In each phase, two shots must be made to qualify the super jackpot at the Tower and advance to the next phase. The jackpots start at 1 million, and hits to the spinner will increase the jackpot by a small amount per spin until Iron Man Multiball ends. In order, these are:
- Left ramp and gauntlet ramp
- Left orbit and right orbit
- Pops lane and Captain Marvel
- Tower and upper orbit (complete to start disc Super Jackpot phase)
Super Jackpots: There are two types of super jackpots to be obtained during Iron Man Multiball.
- For 10 seconds after completing a set of two jackpots, the Tower will be lit to score a super jackpot worth the total points of the jackpots that have been collected so far. Quickly shooting another ball into the tower after collecting this will score a double super jackpot and award the Iron Man Multiball trophy.
- Completing the fourth phase of Iron Man Multiball will light the disc for a super jackpot, worth 250k per disc spin for 22 seconds (adjustable from 16 to 30 seconds) and awarding or upgrading your Iron Man Multiball trophy. The process of completing sets to light the super jackpots will then reset.
If Iron Man has been advanced to level 2 before starting Iron Man Multiball, all the jackpots will be worth double their normal amount (with unique callouts to boot)!
Add-A-Ball: Outside of the Mystery award, balls can be added during Iron Man Multiball once per activation by completing the IRON lanes, and then shooting the Sanctum target. Spelling IRON after collecting the Add-A-Ball will simply add some points to the jackpot value.
An ancient Norse warrior brought into the current day, Thor’s Mjolnir hammer is capable of decimating many opponents. Thor Multiball is an easy objective for newcomers on this game to start, simply requiring three hits to the captive ball to start it at first (T & H are already spotted for you at the start of the game). The second Thor multiball requires spelling T-H-O-R twice to light; the third and thereafter require spelling T-H-O-R three times. If Black Widow has reached level 1, rolling through the left inlane before hitting the captive ball will collect two letters for the price of one shot.
During Thor Multiball, shoot any lit shot to score a jackpot, then the captive ball (for a “Mjolnir Attack” - jackpot x number of THOR letters collected so far), 2 jackpots then captive ball, 3 jackpots then captive ball, etc. until you spell THOR with four runs through the sequence and super jackpot is lit at Tower for 20x the jackpot value and a trophy. The progress then resets, with additional jackpot shots being required to qualify the captive ball. The jackpot value can be raised at any time by shooting the disc.
Shots to the pops lane and upper orbit will score double jackpots and also increase the Mjolnir Attack jackpot twice as much.
Add-A-Ball: Spell STRANGE at the disc to summon the Eye of Agamotto, then shoot the Sanctum target for an additional ball!
The Infinity Gems are the major artifacts the Avengers are after, and the defining factor in whether Thanos’ plans to wipe out half the universe will succeed. Five of the gems are defended by members of the Black Order, while one might require a bit more effort to seek…
Spin the disc to spell S-T-R-A-N-G-E and qualify the five Gem Quests. Hitting the disc after rolling through the right inlane will start the Eye of Agamotto insert flashing and spot two STRANGE letters per spin. Prem: Shoot the Portal to start. Pro: Shoot the Gauntlet Ramp to start. Subsequent Quests will require more “spins” to light STRANGE letters.
If you complete a Gem Quest, Collect Gem will be lit at the Gauntlet Ramp and take priority over advancing towards any further quests until the Gem has been placed. Collect the Gem in order to place it on a shot and use it to your advantage (see Placing Gems); you also get an “health bonus” based on your Avengers’ remaining health:
- In the green: 10M
- In the yellow: 5M
- in the solid red: 2.5M
- in the blinking red: Absolutely Nothing
Note: The Avengers health bar will never actually run out. The only way to lose a quest is to drain.
If you fail the Quest, Thanos gets the Gem; this will be indicated on the display. You can acquire a lost Gem by completing the Hawkeye Challenge on Marksman difficulty (see Hawkeye Challenge). You can also replay Quests for Gems you’ve lost if you possess the Soul Gem, although if you fail a replayed Quest, you will also lose your Soul Gem. As of V1.00, you can no longer replay Quests that you have completed, even if you have played them all; the Portal can still be activated, but shooting it will spot an Avenger that hasn’t been collected yet instead.
Portal Locks & Victory Laps:
The portals Doctor Strange opens to the Black Order can have bizarre effects on their surroundings, but with enough preparation, the Avengers can take advantage of these. Prior to starting a Gem Quest, you can earn a “Portal Lock” through game features, such as combos, a Secret Skill Shot to the upper loop, the first Hawkeye Challenge, and the Computer Grid (the latter two of which are once per game). Lock 1 or 2 balls (Prem: in the Portal, Pro: spin the disc for a “virtual” lock) to make the next Gem Quest a 2 or 3 ball multiball with double or triple scoring so long as you keep 2 or 3 balls in play. If you drain down to single-ball play during a Quest, the Quest continues at 1x scoring. If you complete a Quest with locked balls still in play, Victory Laps are enabled for the remainder of multiball play. You can make progress toward both Iron Man and Thor multiballs, and can start either of those during a Gem Quest multiball; this will block progress toward the multiball that wasn’t started until single-ball play.
You cannot claim portal locks during a Gem Quest, but you can qualify them during one, and they will be available after your Quest and applicable for your next Quest. If you manage to light three or more Portal locks during a quest (for example, crossing two combo thresholds and completing the first Hawkeye Challenge), you’ll have two available for your next Quest, and the remaining one for the Quest after that. Portal locks cannot be used on the Soul Gem quest (though it would probably not be a good idea anyway) or any of the other modes started at the gauntlet ramp.
During Victory Laps, shooting the disc will start a hurry-up starting at 250k at all major shots (each one can only be made once). Making the shots will collect the value, which can be increased throughout the mode with additional disc shots. When all shots are made once, the victory laps will relight. Shots also relight when spinning the disc again. Pops orbit and Hawkeye loop score double. All scoring is multiplied by the number of balls in play; while balls can’t be added during Victory Laps, any Multiball that starts during the mode will apply its add-a-ball rules.
Gem Quest Details:
Mind Gem (Blue):
[Captain Marvel, Hulk, Black Widow and Black Panther VS. Supergiant]
The Mind Gem gives it’s user the power to take control over anyone’s mind at will and command them to do their bidding. Supergiant attempts to use this to try and win a match that doesn’t seem to be in his favor…
Hulk, Marvel, Panther, and Black Widow are lit. Shooting any of them “frees” that avenger from the mind control enough to light the Disc to “break free”. The more avengers you free before shooting the disc adds a multiplier to the break free value. 1 avenger = 1x, 2 avengers = 2x, 3 avengers = 3x, 4 avengers = 5x. Repeat this sequence two more times to light Sanctum target for finishing blow.
Every round of shots has one light that blinks much faster than the others (this is random, but it won’t pick the same shot twice in a row). If you collect this shot in all three rounds of shots, you do not need to hit the Sanctum target at the end. Listen to the audio callouts if you brought a Multiball into this mode to determine the shot you need to make.
Generally, this mode can be played well either in single-ball play (focusing on trying to get as big of a “break free” value as possible) or during Multiball if you just want to get the mode over with quickly to earn your Mind Gem.
Power Gem (Red):
[Hulk VS. Black Dwarf]
The Power Gem gives its user nigh-unlimited power and strength. But even with the powers this gem gives Black Dwarf, he might not be a match for the strongest there is…
Shots light in spans of 3 flashing red shots, with the center of the three shots being the “critical hit” for 30% damage and the other two being “glancing blows” for 15% damage. Critical hits also score more points, and will multiply the final blow value. The shot values can always be raised at the disc (25,000 per full rotation), and once per attack at the spinner (lit solid red), allowing one spinner rip in between attacks to pump up the value by 75k per spin (note that during the fourth wave, the spinner will still increase the value, but a strong shot will count as a glancing blow). Deal enough damage to start the
left orbit flashing red for Final Blow, which is equal to your current critical hit value multiplied by the number of critical hits you got (plus 1). Critical hit shots are lit in this order: Captain Marvel, pops lane, upper loop, Tower. This order will loop if not enough damage has been done.
Another good mode for either single ball or Multiball play. It might be worth prioritizing this if you have any Avengers at level 1 or 2 you want to keep progress on. Placing the Reality Gem at the left orbit can make the final shot score big!
Space Gem (Purple):
[Captain Marvel, Black Widow and Black Panther VS. Corvus Glaive]
The Space Gem allows its user to teleport anywhere in the Omniverse at any time. Three of the fastest Avengers on the team are out to prove to Corvus that this might not be enough…
Attack with combos, using shots that feed the right inlane switch (either R orbit or upper loop) to “parry,” lighting the left orbit (“attack”). Complete three Attacks to win (default - this is adjustable up to 5 in settings). There will be a Final Blow shot on the Black Widow / Black Panther shots, worth the total points collected during the mode. The latter scores 4 million more than the former.
If you combo prior to your Parry shot, you’ll get either 2x or 4x depending on the combo:
- Left ramp -> Right orbit will light 2x attack.
- Gauntlet ramp -> Inner loop will also light 2x attack.
- Left ramp -> Gauntlet ramp -> Inner loop will light 4x attack.
After each attack, the pop bumpers will also score some bonus points (50k per bumper, multiplied by the attack combo multiplier, for 5 seconds).
Once again, a good single ball mode, and one that can be especially huge if you focus on combos. Generally you can play this out if there’s a gem on a shot you don’t want and you don’t have Change Gems lit, but it’s good at anytime really. Some awesome sounds for hitting the bumpers during an attack for this mode.
Time Gem (Orange):
[Captain America, Iron Man and Thor VS. Proxima Midnight]
The Time Gem gives its user full control over time and can speed it up or slow it down at will. But it might not be strong against the group of ranged attackers sent out to defeat Proxima…
Shoot left and right ramps once each, then the cycling lit drop target on the grid. The lit target starts at 3x value, but with each miss to an unlit drop target, the multiplier goes down by one to 2x, 1x, and then will freeze on the middle drop target for 1/2x value. Note that the lit target will still cycle to lowered drops that were from a missed shot when it was previously unlit. Repeat the sequence 3 times to win, with the speed at which the lit drop target cycles getting faster and faster with each sequence.
- If the Power Gem is placed on the Computer Grid drops, then hitting any unlit drop target will count as a successful 1x shot, making the mode easier to finish but potentially scoring less.
- The Reality Gem placed on the drops makes the targets reset when you hit an incorrect one (helps give you more options).
While generally good at any time, it might be beneficial to start Iron Man Multiball for the first time when this mode is active, as the two ramps you have to shoot during this mode also happen to be the first set of jackpots during that Multiball, and the balls flying around will likely hit the drop targets you need at some point.
Reality Gem (Yellow):
[Dr. Strange VS. Ebony Maw]
The Reality Gem gives its user control over multiple different realities - the perfect gem for Doctor Strange, but also perfect for a sinister opponent…
Shoot the disc to add letters to STRANGE and light all RGB arrows in yellow. Every revolution of the disc adds a letter, and each letter acts as a multiplier on your yellow arrow awards. The letters slowly extinguish, with later letters counting down faster, but they can be added back by spinning the disc at any time. Shoot 8 yellow arrows to win (note: you can’t repeat shots during this mode). Pops orbit and Hawkeye loop score double.
Thor Multiball works really well with this mode as both revolve around hitting the disc and making shots, with an add-a-ball available after enough disc hits. If you have a level 2 Mind Gem available, a single press of the button after spinning the disc will collect all the shots for you and finish the mode!
Placing and Changing Gems:
After obtaining the Gems from their enemies, the team will need to make a decision on who to bestow their unique powers towards.
Completing a Gem Quest will light the Right Ramp to collect the Gem. Then, shoot an eligible, vacant shot to place that Gem onto the shot (their gem inserts will be pulsing in the color of the Gem you just collected). Placing Gems on a shot will provide a perk based on the Gem and the shot itself. Gems can be placed on 4 of the Main Avengers: Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow, and Black Panther as well as the Drop Targets, and Captain Marvel. Once you complete a Gem Quest, you must collect and place the gem before you can start qualifying the next Gem Quest.
Using the Space Gem perk makes it possible to change the locations of Gems using the action button, but you can also change their locations by lighting “Change Gems” (lit every time you assemble all Avengers, or from computer grid or Mystery awards) and initiating it at the Antman shot (right ramp on the Pro after qualifying it at the target). This will give you 13 seconds (20 seconds if the Space Gem has been acquired) to use the flippers and action button to change which gem is on each shot. Any gems that haven’t been placed before the timer ends will be placed on a random unoccupied shot. This process is required to recharge certain gem perks.
Mind Gem (Blue):
Overview: Action button collects shot or chooses grid award.
- Action button will collect currently lit shots for you, in a similar vein to Deadpool’s Boom button. After all uses are depleted, the gem must be re-placed or the Avenger leveled up in order to use it again.
- If placed on a Main Avenger that is:
- Uncollected: 1 use on THAT shot.
- Collected: 2 uses on THAT shot.
- Level 1: 3 uses on the best shot anywhere on the playfield.
- Level 2: 1 use on all shots in all running modes, from left to right. Smart Missile returns!
- If placed on:
- Drop targets: 3 uses that allow the player to change the lit grid square at will.
- If the computer cannot be advanced because you are in a wizard mode, it will act as hitting all the drops down.
- Captain Marvel: 3 uses that spots the shot.
- Counts 1 ramp or 10 spins to the count-up award.
- Drop targets: 3 uses that allow the player to change the lit grid square at will.
Power Gem (Red):
Overview: Easier power-ups and power-up memory.
- If placed on a Main Avenger:
- 2X Assemble Avenger shot progress on THAT Avenger.
- Carry-over Assemble Avenger progress between balls and after Assemble Avengers Modes.
- If you reach level 2, and play an Assemble Avengers Mode on the same ball, the shot multiplier will also remain intact for the rest of the ball.
- If placed on:
- Drop Targets: 3 uses, award 2 grid square awards for each drop target completion. Also makes Time Gem easier to finish, but score less.
- Captain Marvel: 2X shot progress toward Captain Marvel Count-Up awards.
Space Gem (Purple):
Overview: Shoot shot, move Gems.
- Shooting the Space Gem shot enables the action button for 3 seconds to move all placed Gems from left to right (as a group) and wrap around from the rightmost shot to the leftmost shot. After all uses are depleted, the gem must be recharged. Collecting the Space Gem also makes Change Gems a bit more manageable by extending the timer to 20 seconds.
- If placed on a Main Avenger:
- Uncollected: 1 use.
- Collected: 1 use.
- Level 1: 2 uses.
- Level 2: 3 uses.
- Recharge at next Avenger level.
- If placed on:
- Drop targets: 1 use. Recharge after collecting the next computer grid award.
- Captain Marvel: 1 use. Recharge at the next Captain Marvel Count-Up award.
- Note: Each hit on the action button counts as a use and won’t recharge until after being depleted.
- Example: if you have 2 uses, shoot the Space Gem shot and only hit the action button once, now you will have 1 use at its new location. If you have 2 uses and hit the action button twice, you now have zero usages on the new location and must recharge the Gem to use it again.
Time Gem (Orange):
Overview: Add Time to Master Timer. Increased ball save timers.
- Shooting the Time Gem shot will add time to the Master Timer, or Time Bank (if no timed mode is currently running), based on the times below.
- Multiball ball saver lengths are increased, based on the times below.
- If placed on a Main Avenger that is:
- Uncollected: 5 seconds.
- Collected: 5 seconds.
- Level 1: 8 seconds.
- Level 2: 15 seconds.
- If placed on:
- Drop targets: 10 seconds.
- Captain Marvel: 10 seconds.
Reality Gem (Yellow):
Overview: Shot multiplier.
- If placed on a Main Avenger that is:
- Uncollected: 2X multiplier.
- Collected: 2X multiplier.
- Level 1: 3X multiplier.
- Level 2: 4X multiplier.
- Replaces the normal 2X multiplier for any Level 2 Avenger.
- If placed on:
- Drop targets:
- 2X multiplier
- 3 uses. Award computer grid awards for hitting 2 of 3 targets. Also makes the drop targets reset during Time Gem.
- Captain Marvel: 2X multiplier.
- Drop targets:
Soul Gem (Green):
Overview: Soul Gem Jackpot. Replay Gem Quests. Black Order MB extender. Arguably the best gem in the game.
- After completing a Gem Quest and collecting the Gem, Soul Gem Jackpot is available at whatever shot it was placed on for a percentage of the previous Gem Quest value (and an awesome sound).
- If placed on a Main Avenger that is:
- Uncollected: 25%
- Collected: 50%
- Level 1: 75%
- Level 2: 150%
- Basically, Level 1’s 75% value doubled by the 2X multiplier you get from any Level 2 Avenger
- If placed on:
- Drop targets: 50%
- Captain Marvel: 50%
- Ability to replay any failed Gem Quest. If you fail the quest, you’ll lose the soul gem.
- “Multiball Extender” in Black Order Multiball which can be used by the player by holding down the action button. This replenishes your balls and the ball saver the first time you drain down to one. However, if you fail to collect the super jackpot after using this extension, your Soul Gem will vanish…
- Longer ball save in Battle Thanos
The Black Order is a big team with many members spread across the universe, but so are the Avengers…
- Shooting the shots or completing features that correspond to the 6 Main Avengers: Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, and Black Panther, will allow you to collect that Avenger. After you’ve collected an Avenger, continue shooting that Avenger’s shot/feature to upgrade them to a level 1 and level 2, each with its own unique perks.
- When you lose your ball, each Avenger’s level/perks are reset, but their collected status is retained. When you finish an Assemble Avengers Mode, each Avenger’s level/perks AND collected status are reset.
- The Power Gem will retain the status of the Avenger it is placed on, in both of the above situations.
- The requirements to collect each Avenger increase in difficulty after each of the Assemble Avengers Modes is played. After Battle Royale, the Assemble Avengers Modes cycle again, but the award remains at 20M - and yes, you can play the Soul Gem quest again even if you still have the Soul Gem.
- To Collect: Shoot the left orbit spinner enough times (80 spins on first Assemble Avengers).
- Level 1 (80 spins to power-up) = 2x Hulk Rampage + qualifies Gamma Ray (only once).
- Level 2 = All left orbit and spinner shots score 2x (and tasty points during Power Gem).
- To Collect: Spell I-R-O-N at the inlanes/outlanes enough times (1 completion on first Assemble Avengers). These lane inserts can’t be lane-changed with the flippers - you have to shoot the spinning disc to cycle the lit inserts. However, you can hit the Sanctum target when it’s lit for “Spot IRON” to lite one letter (this is lit for free the first time IRON has to be spelled, and later has to be lit by hitting the Antman shot). Spelling IRON also qualifies the locks at the tower for Iron Man Multiball and increases your Arc Reactor value.
- Level 1 (1 completion to power-up) = All arc reactor shots score 2x.
- Level 2 (2 completions to power-up) = All Iron Man Multiball scores 2x.
- Note: Iron Man is one of two Avengers whose level cannot be protected by the Power Gem.
- To Collect: Make enough pop bumper hits (50 hits on first Assemble Avengers). Shooting the pops lane shot counts as 10 pop bumper hits. Each bumper hit also adds to the Shield Bonus.
- Level 1 (50 hits to power-up) = All pop bumper hits score 2x (Shield Bonus increases faster, higher scoring during Space Gem).
- Level 2 (50 hits to power-up) = Pop bumper lane scores 2x (big super jackpots during Black Order MB!).
- To Collect: Shoot the left ramp enough times (3 shots on first Assemble Avengers). Consecutive shots to the left ramp will not advance Black Widow, another switch needs to be registered to between shots.
- Level 1 (5 shots to power-up) = Thor Inlane Helper (left inlane briefly lights THOR captive ball for 2x letters)
- Level 2 (5 shots to power-up) = Center ramp scores 2x.
- To Collect: Spell T-H-O-R enough times at the captive ball (1 completion on first Assemble Avengers).
- Level 1 (1 completion to power-up) = Super Slings enabled; slings are worth 100K per hit.
- Level 2 = Captive ball scores 2x (big during Thor Multiball & Soul Gem Quest 5th shot).
- Note: Thor is one of two Avengers whose level cannot be protected by the Power Gem.
- To Collect: Shoot the right orbit enough times (3 shots on first Assemble Avengers). Shots only need to make it to the star rollover in order to count towards progress.
- Level 1 (3 shots to power-up) = 3 seconds added to combo timer.
- Level 2 (3 shots to power-up) = Right orbit scores 2x (big combo jackpots).
Assemble Avengers Modes:
Assemble the Avengers to qualify mini-wizard modes and light Change Gems:
- 1st time: 5M + qualifies Soul Gem Quest
- 2nd time: 10M + qualifies Black Order Multiball
- 3rd time: 20M + qualifies Black Order Battle Royale
Soul Gem Quest:
The Soul Gem’s power to steal anyone’s soul and manipulate their life force makes it a highly valued Infinity Gem. In a last ditch effort, Doctor Strange enters the astral plane to retrieve the Soul Gem from the clutches of the Outriders…
Qualified by assembling the Avengers the 1st time. Before the quest begins, you’ll be awarded a bonus for each of the 6 Avengers you collected to qualify this mode based on their level:
- Collected: 250K
- Level 1: 1.25M
- Level 2: 3.25M
This mode has unlimited ball save, but you have a limited number of flips you can use. Shooting a green shot will add flips and draining the ball will subtract flips. The objective of the mode is to shoot 8 lit shots without running out of flips, the shots always progress in the same order:
- Right orbit
- Left ramp
- Gauntlet ramp
- Left orbit
- Captive ball
- Drop targets
- Captain Marvel (ramp shot on Prem/LE, 30 spins on Pro)
Upon completion, you acquire the Soul Gem, receive points, and a bonus for each remaining flip (the final shot does not add flips).
If you run out of flips, you will lose the Quest, and return to normal single ball play, with no ball saver. If you drain with 1 to 5 flips left, you will lose the Quest, but your ball will be saved and plunged into normal single ball play. During the mode, TILTing works normally.
Mystery and Flank Attack will both spot the currently lit shot (up to once each), but not the final shot at the Tower. Mind Gem is also available, subject to the rules of whatever level the Mind Gem is at, but will not spot the final shot at the Tower either.
As the mode begins, you have the option of playing Normal Mode or Hard Mode (enabled by holding Action Button during mode start animation). There is an adjustment to set the default difficulty, the options are: Normal, Hard, and Karl (Hard with Mind Gem perk disabled).
- Start with 30 flips.
- Shooting lit shot adds 8 flips.
- Draining the ball will subtract 5 flips.
- Completion awards 500K for each remaining flip.
- Shot values: 2.5K > 5K > 7.5K > 1M > 1.25M > 1.5M > 1.75M > 3M
Hard Mode: 10X mode scoring.
- Start with 20 flips.
- Shooting lit shot adds 2 flips.
- Draining the ball will subtract 5 flips.
- Completion awards 5M for each remaining flip.
- Shot values: 2.5M > 5M > 7.5M > 10M > 12.5M > 15M > 17.5M > 30M
Re-collect Soul Gem if lost:
If you have lost the Soul Gem (by failing the Soul Gem Quest, by risking it to replay another Gem Quest that you lost, used Multiball Extender in Black Order Multiball without collecting a Super Jackpot, or losing it in Thanos Attacks), you can collect/re-collect it by collecting a Super Jackpot in Black Order Multiball; defeating the Black Order in Battle Royale; or by completing the Hawkeye Challenge at Marksman difficulty.
Black Order Multiball:
The Avengers have finally found the home base of the five Black Order members and bring the battle to their front door. The six heroes will need to team up to deal maximum damage - but a little help from the Soul Gem might work wonders…
Qualified by Assembling the Avengers the 2nd time.
Before the multiball begins, you’ll be awarded a bonus for each of the 6 Avengers you collected to qualify this mode based on their level:
- Collected: 750K
- Level 1: 3.75M
- Level 2: 6.5M
This Multiball functions similarly to Monsters of Rock from Monster Bash, but with the additional twist of having multipliers for the jackpot and the opportunity for a super jackpot after collecting the normal one. All six main Avengers are lit. After certain thresholds of shots are made to them (listed below), a Jackpot will be lit at the upper loop. The more Avengers you collect, the higher the jackpot value and the higher the jackpot multiplier. Each time you light a jackpot, Captain Marvel will also light for an additional jackpot multiplier, meaning if you focus equally on lighting the jackpots and making the Captain Marvel shot enough times, you can get some HUGE jackpot multipliers!
After collecting the jackpot, spin the disc to spell STRANGE and light super jackpot at the Pops Lane (Captain America). Super Jackpot will award a base value of 5 million + the points for all jackpots you’ve collected since your last super jackpot, unlight the jackpot if it’s lit, add a ball, give you back your Soul Gem if you lost it during a replayed quest, and reset the Avengers qualification process to start over again. Drop targets during this mode will boost the Jackpot and boost the “Avenger Value”, which is a small amount of points you get for working towards lighting a jackpot (and also how much goes in to the jackpot).
The thresholds required for each Avenger are:
- Hulk: 50 spinner hits
- Iron Man: Complete inlanes once
- Captain America: 20 bumper hits
- Black Widow: 3 left ramps
- Thor: 4 captive balls
- Black Panther: 3 right orbits
If you’ve collected the Soul Gem prior to starting the multiball, you can hold the action button at any time to risk your Soul Gem and enable a “Multiball Extender” which will restart your multiball when you drain down to one ball. If you risk the Soul Gem and fail to get a Super Jackpot, you will lose it.
If you’ve failed to collect the Soul Gem prior to starting the multiball, collecting a Super Jackpot will light “Collect Gem” in order to collect the Soul Gem after multiball is done.
If you haven’t collected a super jackpot, there is a fairly generous timer after draining down to one ball to allow you to collect one last jackpot or super jackpot.
Collect a 10x Jackpot (the one at Hawkeye) for an INSTANT GOLD TROPHY.
The Black Order is finally beginning to retreat, but they have one last plan to settle the future with the Avengers - a series of one-on-one battles where whoever wins will determine half of the universe’s fate…
Qualified by Assembling the Avengers a 3rd time.
Before the mode begins, you’ll be awarded a bonus for each of the 6 Avengers you collected to qualify this mode based on their level:
- Collected: 1M
- Level 1: 5M
- Level 2: 13M
It’s time to bring the fight to the Black Order for real. You have 6 lives, represented by the 6 Avenger inserts in the middle of the playfield, and each insert corresponds to their respective shot. Each Avenger has a health bar; if the health bar reaches 0%, the Avenger will tap out and be replaced by a new one. The health bar decreases through various factors:
- Depleting the number of given flips on the display
- Timer reaching 0
- Draining a ball (deals a ton of damage)
The members of the Black Order are represented by all of the shots being lit, and clearing waves of shots will defeat members. The longer you keep an Avenger alive, the more points you get for successful attacks and the more bonus points you’ll score.
The supporting characters also have roles in the mode; making their shots will give you some helpful perks.
- Drop targets - Summons Vision to give you more flips, reducing the chance of damage being taken from running out of flips.
- Strange disc - Spelling STRANGE lights a rotating Power-Up insert for 3x damage. 4x damage if there’s also an arrow shot on there. Times out after 10 seconds but can be reactivated with another spin. More spins move the power up around. For Iron Man, the arc reactor insert will light up to represent this scoring opportunity.
- Captain Marvel - Freezes the timer for a short time, reducing the chance of damage being taken from time running out.
- Hawkeye - Shooting Hawkeye loop will light the three shots on the left for an attack. If you shoot an already lit arrow this way it’ll count as 2 attacks for the price of one.
- Antman - Deals damage the first time (ie. a normal shot during the mode). The second time, summons Wasp to add another ball into play, multiplying all scores and damage by 2x.
If you defeat the Black Order, you are awarded a bonus based on remaining Avengers (20M per Avenger), remaining flips (1M per flip), and remaining time (how is this determined?). In addition, you will light “Collect Gem” to re-collect the Soul Gem, if you have previously lost it.
With the Soul Gem in the Avengers’ possession, Thanos decides it might be time to end their quest a little early - or, if they survive, steal one of the Gems they worked so hard to acquire…
To qualify: spell S-T-R-A-N-G-E after collecting the Soul Gem and playing at least 2 Gem Quests (software adjustable).
In this mode, you need to defend any Gems you have collected. First, shoot a Gem shot to select it, then shoot the left orbit, Black Widow ramp, and the right orbit; then shoot the Gauntlet Ramp to defend that Gem. Flank Attack can be used to collect any lit shot, but won’t spot the Gauntlet Ramp. There is a 45 second timer that activates each time you select a Gem, and the mode will end if either this timer runs out or you drain (although there is a short ball saver at the start of the mode). If the mode ends through timing out or draining, Thanos will take the gem you were trying to defend away. Hitting the drop targets will add 15 seconds to the timer, and hitting a lit “defend” shot will add 5 seconds. When you’re down to the last undefended gem, the defense for that gem starts immediately.
The amount of Gems you have before starting this mode determines the value of the shots; the more you have, the higher scoring it is (need specifics).
If you successfully defend all of the Gems you have collected, you will win back a previously lost Gem (if you’ve failed a previous Gem Quest) or start the 3-ball Super Victory Laps multiball.
After defeating the Black Order once and for all, the Avengers are faced with one final challenge; defeating Thanos for control over the universe…
To qualify: spell S-T-R-A-N-G-E after playing Battle Royale and all of the Gem Quests.
This mode starts as a four-ball Multiball, with sets of shots flashing both red and blue to deal damage to Thanos. Hitting the disc will rotate these shots around; if you hit a shot that is flashing both colors at once, 2x damage will be delivered. The gems seem to impact how quickly your health is drained during this mode when you enter the single-ball phase. Completing THOR will add a ball (how many times can this be done?). After enough damage has been dealt, the final blow will be at the Tower, which will defeat Thanos once and for all, and show a final victory cutscene before displaying the mode total and proceeding to 6-ball Super Victory Laps.
If you start this mode after collecting all 6 Gems, you automatically complete the mode and score a 1 billion point bonus for your hard work.
Super Victory Laps:
A 3 ball multiball version can be started by successfully defending all Gems in Thanos Attacks, without having failed a Gem Quest.
A 6 ball multiball version can be started by completing Battle Thanos.
Super Victory Laps is a higher scoring version of normal Victory Laps, where the base value of the jackpot shots are doubled, and all victory laps scored are multiplied by the number of balls in play.
Computer Grid Awards:
The advanced technology embedded into Avengers Tower is full of surprises and tactics that can help the Avengers in battle. The grid consists of 9 main awards arranged in a 3 X 3 grid. The currently lit award will cycle until any drop target is hit, complete the remaining drop targets to collect the award. Various gems make the grid a bit easier; the Power Gem spots an additional award for each hit, the Reality Gem makes it so that only two drop targets need to be hit to collect the flashing insert, and the Mind Gem allows the action button to change the flashing insert, which won’t time out. These all have to be recharged after their uses shown on the display have expired.
|Bonus X||Lock||2X Shield|
|750K||Spot Avenger||Bonus X|
|2X Arc Reactor||Bonus X||Spot Bullseyes|
Collecting 3 awards in a row will award features or start a Super Mode. These are randomly arranged each game (they will remain the same for all the players in a multiplayer game), so the same row won’t always award the same feature or start the same Super Mode every game.
- In competition mode, the bingo awards will be in fixed positions instead of random ones.
- All six Super Modes will be available on the grid at the start of a game, with the other two awards being Portal Lock and Super Ball Saver. After collecting an award, the next one on a list shown in instant info will replace its position on the grid.
- All of the Super Modes share one timer, like modes in TSPP. Starting an additional mode while others are running will reset the timer for all active modes.
Features that can be swapped in after Super Modes have been played are:
- 10 Million
- +5x Bonus
- Light Extra Ball
- Collect Bonus (doubled by Reality Gem)
- Light Change Gems
- Trophy (three instances of this award for Bronze/Silver/Gold)
- Light Computer Frenzy (see below)
- All shots lit green for big points starting at 800k a piece, complete them all to relight them. The value of each shot increases by 50k each time one is made. Shooting the spinner at any time while the timer is active will also boost the value of the lit shots by 5k per spin.
- Level 1 Hulk boosts scoring in this mode by 2x.
- Arc reactor is lit for the entirety of the mode. Each hit awards the arc reactor bonus with a multiplier up to 4X depending on the strength of the shot, and boosts the base value of the shot by higher amounts depending on the strength. The base value at 1x is 600k (2.4 million at 4x), increasing by 50k for each hit.
- Gauntlet ramp lit, loop the ramp as many times as possible for increasing scores. Successive shots double the 50k points added to the base value of 800k (ie. 850k, 950k, 1,150m…). A shot to Flank Attack will collect the most recently scored value one time only.
- Shoot targets for 4 million a hit. Completing all three Hawkeye targets boosts the value of all of the targets by 250k.
- Complete 2 sets of these during the mode to light an extra ball as well!
- Shoot combos for big points. Along with the normal progression towards combos, each combo will collect a bonus value of 300k + 50k per combo, which is multiplied for each successive shot in the combo.
- All progress towards combo awards when this timer is active will be doubled as well.
- Shoot disc in either direction for points, then shoot the disc in the other direction to increase the multiplier for each spin up to 5x per spin.
- base scoring: 480K/spin
- boost scoring: 120K/spin
Computer Frenzy Multiball:
Qualified by playing all 6 Super Modes. “Light Computer Frenzy” will be the next grid award at whatever the most recently completed Super Mode’s position was. After qualifying it, a shot to the gauntlet ramp will start the mode.
In this Multiball, all shots are lit in colors that represent the different inserts on the bingo grid (ie. left orbit = yellow, Tower = teal, etc.). Completing a shot will spot its corresponding grid lamp and score a jackpot; making a bingo on the grid will score a super jackpot. Completing a “double” bingo awards two double super jackpots (4x), and completing a “triple” bingo awards three triple super jackpots (9x). The Jackpot value can be boosted by the drop targets and each super jackpot also boosts the jackpot value.
Add-A-Ball: Completing the drop targets during this Multiball will award an additional ball, up to two times.
You can light the following extra balls and collect them at the Sanctum target (default settings):
- 3 completions of the Bullseye targets
- 2 waves of Super Targets
- 8 Trophies
- Hawkeye Challenge (Level 2) (instant extra ball!)
- Computer Grid Award (one of the later ones)
- Captain Marvel: 50 ramps / 1500 spins
- 50 combos
Combos & Combo Jackpot:
Unlike the first two Elwin pins with untimed combo rules, AIQ’s combo feature is a take on the more traditional rule of natural flowing shots lighting for a combo shot for a couple seconds after the prior shot. Combo shots will be flashing white (or flashing rainbow if in Super Combos). Combo scoring increases depending on the trophies that have been obtained, up to 50k per gold trophy.
Certain thresholds of combos will light the insert at the right orbit in rainbow colors to collect the Combo Jackpot, which scores all the points that were scored from previous combo shots again. The shot has to go all the way around the right orbit to count, and if the ball drains while Combo Jackpot is lit, it will have to be relit on the next ball. Note if more than one Combo Jackpot has been qualified, they’ll stack (ie. if two Combo Jackpots are qualified, the values of the first and second Combo Jackpots will be combined into a single award). The Reality Gem can make this jackpot huge.
The number of combos made accumulates across your entire game, and reaching certain thresholds provides different rewards:
- 4 combos lights Portal Lock
- 8 combos lights Combo Jackpot
- 10 combos lights Portal Lock
- 12 combos lights Combo Jackpot
- 20 combos lights Portal Lock + Combo Jackpot
- 30 combos lights Combo Jackpot + Bronze Trophy
- 35 combos lights Portal Lock
- 40 combos lights Combo Jackpot + Silver Trophy
- 45 combos lights Portal Lock
- 50 combos lights Extra Ball + Gold Trophy
- 55 combos lights Portal Lock + Combo Jackpot
- Every 5 combos from now on alternates between Portal Lock and Light Combo Jackpot
- The Black Panther to Black Widow combo will be blocked if the combo sequence is 3 or more. (v0.98)
- The Black Widow to Captain Marvel combo is limited to 6 combos (by default). (v1.01)
- This can be set to “unlimited” by a menu adjustment.
- Shots to the ramp that capture the ball in front of the Tower will allow you to collect a normal combo off of the upper loop if you skip past the animations. During Thanos Attacks, Hawkeye Combo will be collected instead by doing this.
Arc Reactor Bonus:
Completing the drop targets will light the Tower for the Arc Reactor Bonus, which can be multiplied up to 4x depending on the strength of the shot. The base value of the bonus can be boosted by collecting unlit IRON letters (25k per letter), and multiplied by collecting 2x Arc Reactor off of the drop targets or having Iron Man at Level 1. The base value of the Arc Reactor Bonus is 75k, and carries over between balls until it has been collected.
Cap’s Vibranium shield has the power to deflect almost anything, supporting his team when times are at their worst. Pop bumpers increase your current Shield Bonus based on how high of a level Captain America is (35k a pop at start of game), and also increases the base value of it by a much smaller amount. Shooting the upper loop lights Captain America for 15 seconds to collect the Shield Bonus. Once collected, the value resets to the base value (which will be higher than before, as pop bumpers both raise the current shield value, and the “reset” value). Each time you collect a Shield Bonus it will collect or upgrade the Shield Bonus Trophy. The Shield Bonus can be doubled until it is collected by collecting 2x Shield off the drop targets; level 2 Captain America also doubles it, as does the Reality Gem. The base value of the Shield Bonus is 6 million, and carries over between balls until it has been collected.
Captain Marvel Count-Up:
Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel, has the Nova Corps at her command and is always willing to support the Avengers. Shots to the Captain Marvel shot are accumulated throughout the game, and several awards can be obtained by making enough shots (ie. tower rules from Stern Jurassic Park). On the Pro, making enough spins will collect the award (numbers are ramp counts listed here multiplied by 30), while on the Premium / LE, the ramp has to be made. If the Power Gem is placed on this shot, you’ll make double the progress you normally would with every shot. Awards are:
- 3 ramps/90 spins - Binary Hurry-Up + Light Mystery
- 6 ramps/180 spins - Binary Hurry-Up + Light Mystery
- 10 ramps/300 spins - Light Mystery
- 12 ramps/360 spins - Light Mystery
- 15 ramps/450 spins - Binary Hurry-Up + Light Mystery
- 18 ramps/540 spins - Bronze trophy
- 32 ramps/960 spins - Silver trophy
- 48 ramps/1440 spins - Gold trophy
- 50 ramps/1500 spins - Light Extra Ball
Captain Marvel Binary Hurry-Up:
Note: This mode plays differently between the Pro and the Premium/LE. However, both models have the same rules scoring-wise - the first shot starts at 5 million increasing by 1 million each time the hurry-up is started, and the second shot starts at double the value of the first shot.
A 2 shot hurry-up where each completed hurry-up results in +1X added to the Marvel Loop Ramp multiplier to a max of 5X.
You need to shoot the Black Widow Ramp or Captain Marvel Ramp and then hit the other shot to complete. This will increase the Captain Marvel Ramp +1X (maxes out at 5X).
A 2 shot hurry-up where you need to shoot Black Widow Ramp or Captain Marvel Spinner and then hit the other shot to complete.
There isn’t any multiplier associated with the Binary Hurry-Up on the Pro.
Mystery can be lit at the Antman shot in several ways, either from enough shots to Captain Marvel or after successfully making the first Super Skill Shot in a game. Possible awards are:
- Max Time Bank (at 30 secs)
- Add-A-Ball (once per Multiball, but only available during non-portal Multiballs. If you start a gem quest with a portal lock, add a ball is not enabled.)
- Spot Soul Gem Shot (during Soul Gem Quest)
- Spot 3 STRANGE Letters
- Collect Avenger (once per game, if you have 5 out of 6 Avengers, this will almost always be awarded for you)
- Spot Captain Marvel Shots (+3 ramps Prem / LE, +45 spins Pro)
- 10 Million Points
- Begin Timed Mode (aka Super Mode; any of the six from the computer grid that haven’t been played yet. If a super mode is already running, this will always be awarded, resetting the timer in the process.)
- Advance IRON (1 set)
- Advance THOR (1 set)
- Light Hawkeye Challenge
- Hold Bonus X
- +5x Bonus
- Light Change Gems
Hawkeye is the team’s sharpshooter, known for his precise archery skills. Put them to good use by shooting the 3 Bullseye targets enough times and then shooting Avengers Tower to start Hawkeye Challenge (only one completion is needed the first time, and this won’t activate if the shot will start Iron Man Multiball or you’re in a wizard mode). Hitting the targets enough times while Hawkeye Challenge is already lit will “boost” Hawkeye Challenge by increasing the value for a successful shot by 1 million, this is generally not worth going for as it makes it tougher to light Hawkeye Challenge on later attempts as well.
The first time the challenge is activated, the display will countdown and release the ball, and your goal is to hit the inner loop (just need to break the opto) or bullseye target. Subsequent attempts at the challenge increase the difficulty from level 1 to level 2 and level 3, but no warning for when the ball will be released. If you have lost a Gem, you can hold the Action Button to skip to the Marksman difficulty so that you can recover it.
- Level 1 (Amateur):
- Timed release, hit either the inner loop or bullseye target.
- Awards: Portal Lock + 3M
- Level 2 (Pro):
- Timed release, hit only the inner loop.
- Awards: Extra Ball (awarded instantly)
- Level 3 (Marksman):
- Random release (although it’ll always be after all three lock inserts light), hit only the inner loop.
- Awards: Light Gem + 10M, the lit Gem will be as follows: Failed Soul Gem > Failed Gem Quest > Running Quest > Unplayed Gem Quest > 5M consolation
Hawkeye’s arrows can be deadly if they’re sent flying at full strength. At any point in the game, loop the gauntlet ramp up to three times using the upper flipper to increase the combo multiplier (maxes at 3x), and then shoot the upper loop to collect it. Each successful Hawkeye Combo is worth a base value of 600k, increasing by 5k with each combo made. The game keeps track of the number of these combos; the currently flashing Computer Grid square will be collected at 3 combos and every 5 thereafter, and every 10 will award or upgrade the corresponding Trophy. A 2x or 3x combo counts as 2 or 3 combos when it comes to these thresholds.
If a Hawkeye Combo that would collect a grid square is made during a mode where the grid isn’t active, the next Hawkeye Combo made during normal play will collect the currently flashing grid square instead.
Bruce Banner became the Hulk through a gamma ray incident gone wrong, mutating him into a powerful monster who’s thankfully on the heroes’ side. Relive this climactic event by hitting the spinner enough times to qualify or level up Hulk to qualify Gamma Ray mode, shown by the right inlane “O” light flashing. Roll over the flashing right inlane to start the mode.
For about 10 seconds, the information for Gamma Ray will take over the scoring display while a crazy light and sound show occurs across the playfield. Each shot to the Hulk spinner will score big points starting at 50k, increasing by 5k per spin for the rest of the game until an Assemble Avengers Mode has been played, at which point it resets to 50k + (25k times each time one of those modes has been played). With the Reality Gem, it might be worth it to focus on going for Gamma Ray - you’d be surprised how high it can score on newer code.
Thanos’ gauntlet controls the powers of the six gems, but they have the potential to cause destruction if they aren’t controlled. Unfortunately, the Avengers didn’t quite do the best job with that…
This is a 3-ball multiball mode that is only enabled if the topper is installed. The topper displays all six of the Infinity Gems, which light up once you’ve collected them; all six gems need to be collected to start the mode. As soon as the last gem has been collected with a shot to the gauntlet ramp, the mode will start, awarding 1M points for reaching the mode.
All shots will be lit with white arrows, and score jackpots of 150k; while the gems on the topper will all be unlit. The goal of the mode is to light up all six gems again by making switch hits - the first gem will light at 50 switch hits, and each subsequent gem will require 10 more. Once a gem is lit, all six of the gem inserts on the playfield will light up and score a final jackpot worth 5k times the number of switches that have been hit so far, times a multiplier that increases by 1x each time a final jackpot has been collected. The mode automatically ends with all three balls returning to the trough once the 6th final jackpot has been collected.
If two balls drain before scoring the 6th final jackpot, the gauntlet ramp will remain lit for 10 seconds to score one last final jackpot times the current multiplier.
Add-A-Ball: Up to three balls can be added by spelling THOR at the captive ball.
Fun With Bonus:
Each of the following are how many of these you’ve made THIS ball:
- Switch hits x 250
- Computer grid squares x 25K
- Arc reactors x 25K
- Hawkeye shots x 25K
- Combos x 25K
These are saved throughout your whole game:
- Bronze trophies x 100K
- Silver trophies x 250K
- Gold trophies x 500K
- Gems collected x 250K
All multiplied by your bonus X.
Increase the bonus multiplier by making shots to the pop lane. Computer grid awards and Mystery can also give additional bonus multipliers. Bonus X maxes at 25x and resets each ball unless Hold Bonus X is active.
- Achievement system for various gameplay goals, awarded at a bronze, silver, or gold level.
- 24 of the 32 Trophies must be collected (at any award level) to qualify the Trophy Mania Wizard Mode.
- The more golds and silvers you have while playing Trophy Mania, the higher scoring it will be.
- Trophies also get added permanently to End of Ball Bonus, before bonus X is taken into account. Golds will add a whopping 200k each pre-multiplier! Additionally, combo values are increased by 5k per bronze trophy you have, +10k for each silver, and +20k for each Gold.
- Trophy Difficulty (adjustable):
- Easy (default): All 32 Trophies available.
- Hard: Only 24 Trophies available.
- Triples Trophy Mania scoring.
- See below for which 8 trophies are disabled.
|#||Trophy||Hard mode disabled?||Bronze||Silver||Gold|
|1||Soul Gem||Complete Quest||15M+||30M+|
|2||Power Gem||Complete Quest||15M+||30M+|
|3||Space Gem||Complete Quest||15M+||30M+|
|4||Mind Gem||Complete Quest||15M+||30M+|
|5||Time Gem||Complete Quest||15M+||30M+|
|6||Reality Gem||Complete Quest||15M+||30M+|
|7||Super Skill Shot||Yes||1X||2X||3X|
|8||Secret Skill Shot||Yes||1X||2X||3X|
|9||Iron Man MB (Tower 2X SJ or Disc SJ)||1X||2X||3X|
|10||Thor MB (SJ)||1X||2X||3X|
|12||Hawkeye Challenge (Success)||Yes||1X||2X||3X|
|13||Computer Grid (later award)||Yes||1X||2X||3X|
|14||Level 2 Hulk||1X||2X||3X|
|15||Level 2 Iron Man||1X||2X||3X|
|16||Level 2 Captain America||1X||2X||3X|
|17||Level 2 Black Widow||1X||2X||3X|
|18||Level 2 Thor||1X||2X||3X|
|19||Level 2 Black Panther||1X||2X||3X|
|20||Captain Marvel (ramps/spins)||Yes||18/540||32/960||48/1440|
|23||Black Order MB (SJ)||1 SJ||2 SJs||3 SJs or 10x JP|
|24||Battle Thanos||Start Mode||Start Defeat Thanos||Finish Defeat Thanos|
|31||Computer Frenzy||SJ||Double SJ||Triple SJ|
|32||Black Order Battle Royale||Start Mode||Defeat 2 villains||Finish Mode|
If “Trophy Difficulty” is set to hard, scoring for Trophy Mania will be tripled.
A shot to the gauntlet ramp after collecting 24 trophies will start Trophy Mania. When the mode starts, depending on how many of each type of trophy you collected, a portion of the 8 RGB shots are lit corresponding to that type. For example, if you collected 12 bronze, 6 silver, and 6 gold trophies, then 4 shots are lit for bronze, 2 shots lit for silver, and 2 shots lit for gold (RGB colors are tan for bronze, white for silver, and yellow for gold).
All lit shots score Trophy Jackpots based on what type of trophy the arrow is, and will add a trophy to the case shown on the display. Base jackpot value is 1 million and shots to the disc increase it - this is multiplied by 2x or 4x for silver and gold trophies, respectively. Shots can be moved either by hitting the captive ball to move all the trophies one shot to the right, or by simply collecting a jackpot, which will swap the trophy with the closest, different-colored shot to the right. This means all shots will continuously be lit to score, but the higher value trophies will require more effort to go for.
At 12 Trophies and 24 Trophies, a ball will be added. Collecting 24 trophies fills the trophy case and lights Super Jackpot at Ant-Man. When super is lit, the drop targets will light to form one-time bingo(s) to multiply the super by 2x, 3x, or 5x based on how many bingos were collected at once. When the super is lit, the RGB arrows will still continue to award Trophy Jackpots (and increase the super jackpot), but will not collect trophies (thus not advancing towards next add-a-ball) until you collect the super. Once super is collected you can start working on another case. Super Jackpot value is the total score of all previous Trophy Jackpots.
Once the mode is over, you’re back to square one. If you have all six gems, Gem Quests will be disabled for the rest of the game, though Soul Gem Quest will still be the first Avengers Assemble Mode to be played. The trophy case will reset, making it possible to get another extra ball from 8 trophies, but it will be very tough to get to Trophy Mania again. You might instead want to spend this time going for the last few super modes required for Computer Frenzy, and playing either Thor or Iron Man Multiball with those modes.
The gems are what define play in Avengers Infinity Quest, and as a result, a strategy that might work for one player might not work for another. Some players might have excellent stamina and not require the Power Gem at all, others might be more strategy oriented and acquire the Space Gem first. The portal locks can also play into the order you take on each gem quest.
If you’re looking to score a bunch of points really early, get the Mind Gem first, ideally bringing in Thor Multiball to make it easier to collect or lighting a portal lock. Then, place it on any level 1 Avenger, and qualify Soul Gem Quest. Remember to hold the action button to activate hard mode, as a well-played Soul Gem Quest using the action button can score upwards of 200 million points in hard mode.
Soul Gem Jackpots can score a ton of points later in the game if you set them up well. Collecting the Power Gem early on, then placing it on one of the four Avenger shots will allow you to easily get it to level 2. After collecting the Soul Gem, go for Change Gems and place the Soul Gem on the shot you advanced to level 2 to score 150% of the total score on the next quest you play this ball. Reality Gem with 2 portal locks can lead to huge Soul Gem Jackpots using this strategy.
Power Gem & Space Gem, requiring precise shots and combos respectively, are better played as single-ball modes than multiball modes due to their complexity. However, both score more points on average in single-ball play than the other three gems; Power Gem in particular can be an easy 40 million if you make all the critical hits and make the spinner enough times to increase their value.