Aerosmith Rulesheet

Agree 100%. My 1B+ scores all came from Final Tour / Cybertron games.

Does anyone know why Elevator Multiball is so ridiculously worthless points-wise? I mean, it’s a really tough challenge to get to floor seven, but damn I should at least be getting points while I’m doing it!

3 Likes

The score diminishes, if you need to take more than a single attempt to complete it.
I’ve had over 60mil from a successful completion, although I do use it more as an attempt to either complete a mode, or time out a mode.

I agree. While you can set up some fairly decent scoring by locking in a shot multiplier on the Elevator, and shooting each Elevator JP as a combo – as well as the penultimate SJP as a combo on a shot multiplier… this same logic for multiplying the shot value applies to EVERY jackpot in Toys and big mode shots. And Toys has the big benefit of timed PFx + detained balls opportunity. Plus, Elevator MB is difficult and risky to qualify (looking at you, pops). Reward is certainly not worth the risk.

4 Likes

How do you light the mystery award at the scoop? Sorry if I missed it written elsewhere!

Is it the same targets you hit for lighting the playfield multiplier?

Thanks!

Yes. Spell aerosmith

3 Likes

Added info about the song modes (still need some help on specifics for Rats in the Cellar & Same Old Song and Dance.)

Currently working on 1.06 rules update.

And it’s massive! Lot’s of good stuff included in this code update.

Looking forward to reading the Cole’s notes. As someone with only moderate familiarity with Aerosmith I gave up reading the changelog part way through because I didn’t really think I was understanding the strategic impact of the changes.

• All of the mode award full playfield lightshows have been reworked to remove
    the “shot arrow” lamps, if necessary, from the award presentation. This was
    done so that, upon making a shot, the resulting full playfield award
    lightshow doesn’t obstruct the remaining shots that are available. In turn,
    this allows the player to quickly see what shots to aim for next.
  • Reworked mode award lightshow presentations to be faster.

I found this to be an incredibly annoying quirk of Aerosmith (I think Guardians suffers (suffered?) from the same issue). Hit a mode shot, game briefly glitches out with lights and takes way too long to light up next shots. Looking forward to trying it out.

Couple quick comments on the new code- Don’t trust the ball save light during multiball. One of my pet peeves is when games flash the ball save only for it not to really be on. i notice AS is doing this a lot during multiball. Another issue i’ve noticed is ill have played through modes- lit them solid and then when its time to play medley multiball it will say they are incomplete , not award the bonus points and make you qualify them during Medley. Its not a big deal but its a little frustrating. Overall the new code is great.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this as well, although I think it only relates to those modes you can time out (Rats, Saddle and Walk).
Saddle isn’t a problem to complete in Medley, you just let the plunged balls hit a few pops then drain and the autosave plunges the ball straight back to the pops. :grinning:

Overall I think that the changes have made the game significantly easier, and no real benefit to completing modes to progress to Final Tour as completing them in Medley is so easy.
the 200mil for completing them all before Medley is not an incentive, as if you have shot multipliers lit you can earn more than 200mil for completing the modes.

From the changelog:

Added a difficulty rule/adjustment to Medley Multiball, default = Hard. To
start Medley Multiball you must collect at least 1 award from every
mode/multiball. 3 Modes (Walk this Way, Back in the Saddle & Rats in the Cellar)
are marked as completed if you drain the ball while the mode is “Cranked Up”.
At the start of Medley Multiball the game can decide to give you progress
towards these 3 modes that were auto completed. The “Easy” setting allows
the mode to be skipped during Medley Multiball, the “Hard” setting requires
the player to play this mode during Medley Multiball.

3 Likes

WTF- I finally completed “final tour” and instead of showing “Boston” (assuming it is the final city) it goes right to the final tour super jackpot animation. I’m blaming Timballs and his NY bias for this obvious snub!

Well, forget Same Old Song and Dance in competition. I picked it in league the other night and the code had just been updated. Hit the shot, got the Crank it Up, hit one yellow stand-up and drained. Less than 1 million. Worst part is I was now locked into the mode for ball 2. Finished the game with a paltry 20M…

Yeah, i was wondering how much the Same Old CIU Targets had been nerfed. Haven’t had a chance to play the new code yet.

Are the Super Targets from completing it worthwhile, or is it just all around not worth much? The notes mentioned the Super Targets were buffed.

From an ordinary tournament stand point- i’d say toybox multiball (preferably 6 ball) with sweet emotion running is still the best strategy. starting all the easy super modes with it are good too (Rats, Back in the saddle, Walk this way). One minor cheat i discovered is if you hold in the left flipper button and tap the plunger so the ball rolls off the inlane switch it will light up the shot that the skill shot is going to be on. you can then decide if its worth going for or try to plunge the lock shot for a smart missile. If you’re looking for a quick 20m score- Rats might be your best choice now. every lit shot increases the value of the next shot. It can get pretty lucrative. Elite players will probably play for Melody mutlball. Scores sky rocket once you get into it and go entirely crazy if you can get to final tour.

2 Likes

I’d say the multiballs are now really open for mode stacking. Sweet Emotion, Child, and Walk are all obvious choices with Song and Dance and Dude also having their uses. Rats and Saddle seem to be survival modes - just get through them since they’re less impactful and easy to complete.

1 Like