World Poker Tour Rulesheet

Nice! Do you have stream/archive of your game that got your there?

ā€œ2,000,000 plus and add-a-ballā€, LOL

Grammar be damned, nobody will ever see thisā€¦

I think that grammar is fine if you accept that ā€œvalue plusā€ is a pinball termā€¦ i.e. itā€™s saying that the drops give 2,000,000 and add a ball the first time, 3,000,000 and add a ball the second time, etc.

(Think ā€œMillions Plusā€ from Whirlwind.)

6 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t remember why I didnā€™t write it ā€œ2,000,000+ā€ to avoid that confusion; sorry about that.

For the record, itā€™s not 2M, 3M, 4M, itā€™s 2M, 4M, 6M. FWIW. Also add-a-ball, lol.

3 Likes

Thanks Joe and Keith. Makes more sense now!

I donā€™t have any streaming equipment so unfortunately no. I had over 700M and played with extra balls for this game.

Im switching back to WPT this weekend for some more attempts at making it to the Keefer Invitational on Top Rope Pinball. Come follow me so you can see when I go live. https://www.twitch.tv/topropepinball

1 Like

This came up in a separate discussion, so I thought Iā€™d confirm here: is it possible to stack qualified 3x inlanes? Meaning: you get multiple 3x lit inlane awarded, and when you roll over an inlane ā€“ either cashing in a shot or 3x timer expiring ā€“ your next 3x inlane is immediately lit. Is this how it works?

Yes they stack. And Instant Info tells you how many you have as I recall.

That was the whole point of just having one lane lit so you could steer it off if you didnā€™t want to use it right now.

3 Likes

Reached Keefer again recently. Randomly stacked it with 2X Change Gears, which helped boost scores.

8 Likes

I can confirm that Poker Wizard jackpots are worth 5M if you win the Trophy from each Poker Corner Mode. Got one tripled for 15M.

Thereā€™s also some minor point bonus for clearing all the drops during Poker Wizard. Started at 1M and may have increased from there. WPT World Championships may have something similar, but I donā€™t remember.

1 Like

I wonder how many points the Mystery Awards give?

I already had ā€œMedium Pointsā€ close to 1M, and Large Points around 1.5M.

And, I am not sure if I had a four-digit Small Points, but i think I remember a value larger than 10k but smaller than 15k.

There are also some awards (or values) which you didnā€™t list:

• Collect side-pot
  • add Bonus X: can range from 1X to 5X (not 2X to 5X).
  • add bonus points: can add 50K, 100K, 150K (200K??).
  • increase drop target value: can range from 5K to 20K (25K??).
  • increase bumper value: I know 500, 1,000 and 1,500.

Oooooof!!! Streaming WPT this morning with the goal of Keefer Invitational. 45 minutes in, I have 4/6 25 mil points challenges complete with 4-5 million to go on the other two. Start WPT Championship and get 9/10 million and lose the ball. 2-3 more shots and its complete. Decide to keep going and complete all 6 25 million challenges and make it back to the last city before the WPT Championship again andā€¦fail. 90 minute game, 500 million, still didnt make it to Keefer!!!

Keefer Invitational:
To qualify, you must win the WPT World Championship (need 10 million and I got 9 and almost made it again for a second chance) and score 25 million in each of the following:
Check - Ace in the Hole Multiball
Check - No Limit Multiball
Check - Pot (completed hold 'em hands)
Check - Targets (drop targets, hands, and Poker Hands Multiball)
Check - Hurry-ups
Check - Poker Corner (modes and Poker Wizard)

@keefer Do you remember if you make it to the WPT Championship a second time, do you start where you left off or do you need another 10 million?

Close!
I watched the section of your VOD playing WPT World Championship and can confirm that: No. The WPT Hurry-Ups from the upper playfield do NOT count toward the 10M requirement.

While Iā€™ve never played World Championshipā€¦ Looking at the rules for it, Iā€™d suggest the following to increase your chance of 10M next time:

• bring in multiple 3x PF inlane awards (must be qualified PRIOR to WPTWC) to use during WPTWC on River awards, and check your poker hand status prior to using a 3x to make sure itā€™s at least a pair ā€” even better if 2-pair or higher. Seems that The quality of your poker hand multiplies (or halves) your River value in same way that it does completing hands in regular play. Note: I donā€™t believe that the drops qualified any additional 3x inlanes during WPTWC.

• spend the WPTWC initial ball save, and perhaps also the Multiball phase pounding away at the drops to increase your River value for remainder of WPTWC. When you drop down to single ball play, then switch to ramps to safely cash in.

• if your spinners are dialed and one of the orbit shots can be safely handled via live catch or loop pass, then shoot that orbit for hand progress and points, because youā€™ll get 10k per spin in background points. 30k if 3x.

Good luck!

1 Like

FYI this almost certainly includes side pots and All-In MB too.

Not 100%, but like 99.94% sure you start over. Itā€™s conceivable stuff is worth more, but not sure of that, either. And if you win, itā€™s also very likely the goal goes up by 5M.

I might get this game-what do you think about it.

This is a rulesheet thread. Best to start a new thread for opinions. Itā€™s a fun game. Check the wear on the upper playfield. Replacements likely arenā€™t available and Hank doesnā€™t do flame polishing any more.

Thanks, Iā€™ll be sure to start a new thread. Didnā€™t know about the upper playfield thing though. Iā€™ll be sure to check that.

The upper playfield is available. It has no art and therefore can be reproduced without issue

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-world-poker-tour-upper-playfield.html

For me, the achilles heels on this game are the right ramp (welds will break) and Ace in the Hole lockup assembly (can develop opto issues)

Thanks for the info, Iā€™ll check that.