World Poker Tour Rulesheet

If it’s done during the 3 seconds of triple scoring. As long as the machine isn’t stopping the ball on every ramp shot you have some time. (and even then, the timer might pause?)

(edit: or not)

And the 3X doesn’t score on the shot to get it to the upper pf?

It’s 3 seconds of 3X Playfield Scoring, not 3X single shot.

(edit: or not)

Aha. I never knew it worked like that.

Actually, generally speaking it is a single shot. If a major shot is made (ramps, orbits, scoop/VUK), then the 3x will “lock on” to that shot. Incidental scoring is tripled until something locks in its shot. I can’t check, but my memory is that drop targets won’t lock in unless they’re mode shots or you complete a hand (or jackpot, etc.). In the case of making a left orbit, both spinners should have their scoring tripled since it’s the same single shot.

Now, there may be a loophole in that before a shot is locked in, the upper playfield may score triple for anything up there. The upper playfield never locks in because it was meant to be a lower playfield shot only. In years past, this would be considered a bug. Now we call it “emergent gameplay.”

7 Likes

Can you start a podcast with this title and just talk about your deep cuts?

2 Likes

I hear TPN is looking. :wink:

2 Likes

well then…

at the very least, the answer to the original question is, yes you can get 3X on the upper playfield, as evidenced by the high gear award in this video (around 15:48): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xJPbFtDOw&feature=youtu.be&t=945

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks, guys. Makes me wanna get this game even more.

You get additional points when getting particular hole cards:
AA - Pocket Rockets - 500,000
KK - Cowboys - 400,000
QQ - Ladies - 350,000
JJ - Fishhooks - 300,000
AK - Big Slick - 250,000
AJ - Blackjack - 210,000
88 - Snowmen - 188,880
77 - Walking Sticks - 177,770
55 - Speed Limit - 155,550
44 - Sailboats - 144,440
33 - Crabs - 133,330
22 - Ducks - 122,220
T4 - Over and Out - 104,000
K3 - King Crab - 103,000
96 - Dinner for Two - 69,000
J5 - Motown - 55,000
J4 - Flat Tire - 44,000

5 Likes

Are there any more hole card bonuses?
These are the ones I know, but the list might be incomplete.
Unfortunately there is no bonus for 99 (German Virgin), 66 (Route 66) and TT (TNT).

1 Like

Just to note, those bonuses are not awarded in competition mode.

3 Likes

List is complete except for one.
Add:
AJ - Blackjack - 210,000

4 Likes

List is complete except for one.
Add:
AJ - Blackjack - 210,000

thx, I never got it before

The award for completing a hold 'em hand is the value of the main pot (see description for All In MB) multiplied by the strength of the hand (high card: x .5; pair: x 1; two pair: x 2; three of a kind: x 3; straight: x 4; flush: x 5; full house: x 6)

Does anyone know which multiplier you get for a Four of a Kind, Straight Flush, or Royal Flush? Or isn’t this possible in this game?

Four of a kind = pot X 7
Straight Flush = pot X 8
Royal Flush = pot X 10

3 Likes

Finally made it!

13 Likes

Congratulations! Accomplishing it is well-earned and an amazing thrill!

Speaking of the Keefer Invitational, once you qualify it, it’s not obvious that you have to collect a Cut the Cards mystery award to start it. I was dismayed when it didn’t start right away, and there was no obvious strobing of any shot on the game. I was worried that it might be like Valinor, and that winning the WPT Championship had to be the last thing collected to start it. So I started grinding away at the 117 ramps it would take to try to get back to it, when I fortunately lucked into hitting a random mystery award before draining.

This is what makes Keefer’s comment so hilarious that the only mystery award that can be awarded twice in a row is the Invitational. That would be the hardest achievement in pinball.

On a side note, the rulesheet should be amended regarding, “In tournament mode, the hands are dealt to the player in ascending strength, (the first hand will be pair, with improving hands from there on out).”

This isn’t quite true. The hands are dealt out in a specific order every time, but it doesn’t strictly ascend. The actual order is as follows. Fortunately, you’ll “make” your hand on the flop, so you’ll know ahead of time when that particular hand will be a big one, so you can plan your 3x accordingly.

• 1 Pair (Collect City)
  • 2 Pair
  • 3-of-a-kind (Collect City)
  • 1 Pair
  • A High
  • 1 Pair (Collect City)
  • Full House
  • 2 Pair
  • Straight
  • 1 Pair (Collect City)
  • Flush
  • 2 Pair
  • 1 Pair
  • 3-of-a-kind
  • 4-of-a-kind (Collect City)
  • (The last city includes a straight as its best hand. The hand that collects the final city is just one pair.)
4 Likes

Thank you! I was down to my last ball and had to think back to interviews with Keith, before realizing that I needed Cut the Cards. On my game, it’s hard for that shot to stick, so it was pretty nerve-wracking. Managed to do it in 21 plays since I got the game!

Also, I checked status report after Keefer Invitational ended. For the second Keefer Invitational, the score threshold for the wizard goals increases from 5M. So if you want it again, you’ll need to score 30M for the multiballs, drops, modes, pot value, and hurry-ups.

2 Likes

(Spoiler warning)

Here’s the intro to Keefer Invitational, with all the rules displayed: