Upcoming pinball event and tourney streams

Some of us are just waking up, where is the restream. No spoilers!

2 Likes

Hi all,

I am looking for feedback on the Pinball Asylum’s latest stream (but a little anxious about what I’ll hear! Lol)

I just want to say up front that I could not have done it without you guys. And if you want me to share innovations with you please reach out.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/468939607

If you already tuned in and watched yesterday I am thrilled! We need your support. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Looks and sounds great! I loved the information scroll at the bottom. Very knowledgeable commentator too.

I would suggest to make sure you have autofocus off on the cameras. I think I saw at least once on Munsters the camera going out of focus.

Also, if you could add a player cam instead of showing a completely different game at the same time, it would be less confusing.

Would love to hear how you tackled sound at the stream rig assuming your setup is completely wireless.

Thanks for sharing!

I haven’t seen a stream with this yet, but more games on the screen sounds ideal; especially if there are two games going on that are interesting or could have a big impact on the tournament.

Granted, two games all the time does sound confusing.

I couldn’t make it this weekend and really enjoyed being able to watch the finals on streaming. Norma did a great job of hosting and I thought the broadcast was well done considering this was only the second attempt. Personally I Iiked the attempt to show two games during the finals when it was possible even though we were just peeking over the shoulder for the second game. I know the goal is to have a lot more cameras and a video switch in the tournament area of the Asylum. That will be awesome. Nice thing about a set venue like this, you can install semi-permanent hardware and maybe someday eliminate the need for the roving camera rig.

The PAPA style tournament is my favorite Pinball Asylum tournament of the year. Wish I could have been there. Congrats to Jeff Palmer for winning his third!!

Hi Chuck, please send a note via the Pinball Asylum website and include your email address. Just tell them to forward to Norma. Ask away!

1 Like

San Diego is Live with our Jurassic Park pinball launch party! https://twitch.tv/sdpinball

4 Likes

It’s time for the Swedish Championships for 2019 on the weekend of the 22nd through the 24th of November in Lund, Sweden.

There will be four tournaments for the weekend: Main, classics, split flipper, and juniors.

Main and classics work the same way in that players are assigned five machines with two attempts on each. Both count. Top 64 then go through to playoff rounds with the top 16 getting a double bye and 17-32 earning a single bye.

There are 340 registered players (307 paid up as of right now), so it will be a huge tournament. The second largest in Europe ever behind EPC in Denmark in October. Considering that this is a closed national-championship tournament, that is pretty impressive.

The same streaming crew as EPC will handle the streaming at this tournament. There will be four camera rigs and based on previous years there will be some fun matches all weekend. Playoff rounds for the classics tournament will start Saturday evening Swedish time and main will start Sunday morning, but there will be juniors, split, and qualifying matches streamed all weekend.

www.twitch.tv/inkandmos

5 Likes

Also mentioned in the Pincinnati thread… but…

All tournaments will be streamed at

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Starting around 3 pm Friday

Then noon Saturday

Then 10am Sunday.

The Sunday tournament is a gauntlet format. Where you must complete objectives on a bank of games as fast as possible. It’s going to be a challenge to stream but if it works out it will be glorious. And if it’s a train wreck? Well hey those are fun too.

pincinnati.com

Seems like a big weekend for shows/tourneys and streams! Good luck to all

2 Likes

Strap the rig to the player. Obviously running from game to game with a rolling doorframe of cameras is part of the challenge.

4 Likes

Wow. No doubt.
So this weekend we have…
Swedish Championships www.twitch.tv/inkandmos
Pincinnati: www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

And two Stern Pro Circuit events:
Free Play Florida: twitch.tv/iepinball
OBX Flippers Fall Tourney: (recording it for later posting to youtube)

4 Likes

If anyone has a link for scoring (for all events)or what time streaming will start (for Florida/Sweden) please post!

2 Likes

Found the scoring info, would still be nice to know when each event is going live.

Swedish Championships www.twitch.tv/inkandmos
3:00 pm Eastern Classics Saturday
3:30 am Eastern Main Sunday

Pincinnati: www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball
3pm Friday
12pm Saturday
10am Sunday
Scoring: https://matchplay.events/live/q205x

Free Play Florida: twitch.tv/iepinball
Classics Saturday 7pm
Main Sunday 9am
Scoring: www.neverdrains.com/fpf2019

3 Likes

The Swedish championships stream all weekend. The classics final rounds start at 9pm Saturday evening and the main tournament final rounds start at 930am on Sunday. We are 6 hours ahead of Eastern time.

We have 310 paid players now. It should be an epic weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We might be streaming live at OBX Flippers, will test it tomorrow. If the connection is bad then I will pull the stream and post it later. Twitch.tv/dbootynabber

Pin baseball final 4 is streaming NOW! twitch.tv/raydaypinball

Flippers stream should be live just before noon once the third round starts

In a time of almost no competition videos, I give you our league finals, from 12/17/20.
Players are Mike Gray, Steve Baker, Robbie Howerton, Chris Warren.
Games are Iron Man, Sinbad EM, Trident, CV, and Power Play.
Bonus coverage of B division tie-breaker on Bally Playboy.
Excellent commentary by Alex Huffman. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Semi-finals of the Alabama State Chapionship, held on Jan.2nd, 2021. Players are Timothy Street, Jeff Street, Mike Gray, Braden Gentry. Games are Amigo, Bally Playboy, Iron Man, Count-Down. Coming soon will be the video of the finals and also some qualifying games.

Enjoy!

1 Like

We’re doing this thing called PinballVsInternet.
Matchplay using streaming.

Replay of episode 1 can be found here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/912640151
Three Swedish teams including UmePinball, Kains Playground, Borås and Gummiboots from Germany.

More tournaments and more teams to come.
Tournament hosting will probably alternate between Degerforce Pinball and InkAndMos, depending on who’s busy or not.
Got a camera rig and some pinball machines? Don’t be a stranger…you’re welcome to join!

twitch.tv/degerforce

Take care!

/P

1 Like