Twitch/livestream setups.

Cool. Didn’t realize OBS is an encoder. Haha. I’ll keep messing with it.

Has anyone ever tried streaming on mixer? I just got a stream key (just took a day or so) and it seems like it’d be pretty easy to stream on… and they’re Faster Than Light protocol is amazing… even their iPhone app supports it so no more 30 second chat lag.
Might also be a way to spread pinball to the masses who play video games and might see it while browsing

1 Like

I was looking into Mixer too, until today: https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/22/21299032/microsoft-mixer-closing-facebook-gaming-partnership-xcloud-features

1 Like

Well that blows!

1 Like

another well planned acquisition… well not quite as bad as Nokia was :slight_smile:

1 Like

:’(

2 Likes

Streaming a challenge match tonight, but my opponent doesn’t have a rig. I’m thinking he and I will have an audio chat of some kind, and I’ll bring that in. I’ve always used a Snowball on a mic stand when I stream by myself, but it doesn’t have to be that way. (Although I’m not sure what other options I have besides the laptop mic and a set of bluetooth headphones with built in mic).

What’s the best audio setup for this in OBS?

Edit: I did get some advice from @Steveo who said to run the audio through Discord, do a direct capture from an app (of Discord, but leave out the video)…and leave the Snowball on as an audio source for my voice in OBS. He said there wouldn’t be an audio delay. I’m skeptical, but he seems to know what he’s talking about. :slight_smile:

Have a zoom call and whatever you set your mic to on that, use the same mic in OBS. Then have your desktop audio fed into the stream so your viewers can hear the person on the zoom call.

Probably the same thing Escher is telling you to do but with discord instead of zoom.

What I ended up doing was using the Discord app (on my streaming computer), to do an audio call with my opponent. The audio call was using the snowball that was already set up for my voice, and I could hear my opponent in my bluetooth headphones. I then added my headphones as an audio source in OBS, which brought his voice into the stream.

It worked great until my headphones disconnected from the computer for some reason. Eventually turning them on and off a few times resolved the issue.

1 Like

Ok. Maybe not the place for this but this one was really good IMO.

If you missed Enterprise Adrunk, you missed another wonderful time!!!

Intros at:
The Game (Time 10:00)
Rik Flair (Time 52:00)
Rey Mysterio (Time 1:20:00)
Macho (1:30:00)
Undertaken (1:53:00)
Piper (2:11:00)
Drunk Warrior (2:13:00)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/660162137

1 Like

I got fed up fiddling with the Panasonic GX camera and its mad menu system and bought 2 Canon M6 II’s - I shoot Canon DSLR and this camera uses the same menu system which made it easy to get up and running. Not cheap but outstanding picture.

Neil.

1 Like

Yikes, not messing around. Nice.

1 Like

This is pretty fun perk of the Multimorphic P3 system. It uses standard DVI/VGA connectors, so not only can you grab a direct feed of the score, you can turn it around and use the backbox display to project the stream directly on to the backglass! No need to look off to the side to monitor the chat.

11 Likes

Looks like you can stream on Amazon now. But costs money.

anyone looking into Brime? Im going to sign up for the alpha today at 2pm Est.

1 Like

update, got onto the waitlist for the beta

1 Like

I don’t stream, however I might be borrowing a rig to stream with in the near future. I’ve heard of issues with streams getting shut down because of music and licensing issues or something along those lines.

Is this still a thing?

If yes, how do you prevent it, just mute sound?

One of the games that might be streamed is Iron Maiden.

Not an issue that I’ve ever experienced. Worst case is twitch will mute a portion of the stream automatically.

1 Like

yeah i haven’t had any agro. Youtube occasionally moan at my vods that I can’t monetise them but its no big deal.

2 Likes

What’s everyone using for 60fps streams?

I was looking for something primarily for home streams with occasional dark on-location use when the world restarts, but have been having issues figuring out what cameras and camcorders output 60FPS through HDMI.

I saw the Sony 405 and 440s stuggled in low light.

Buffalo’s & l33tsandman’s streams looked decent with the Panasonic v770, but I can’t seem to find the FPS for their HDMI outputs.

Budget is around 400-600 USD.