Twitch/livestream setups.

Condenser mics are going to be more sensitive than dynamic ones so you’re going to get more of the room. You could try and angle the mic upwards a bit to put the machine more off axis.

Clicking the “show delivery dates link” get me a delivery date of Monday May 18th so about a month out.

Anyone finding the blackmagic 4port PCI card good? I’ve tried everything to make it reliable but the drivers are rubbish. Starting to wonder if the card might be hosed. Ended up buying another magewell card - plug it in boom works first time running 16 ports in my main rig now (well 20 if you include the blackmagic!).

Neil

I returned my black magic card. Doesn’t work at all with wireless transmitters and didn’t really work hardwired either.

2 Likes

Dang, Neil! What cpu/motherboard combo are you running that has that many PCIe-4x/16x slots?

Let me post the details over the weekend. I’ve gone xeon workstation route though. I have 13 Pinballs (14 when Rick and morty arrives) with HDMI out, 6 cameras above 6 games and a mobile rig (thanks to you :slight_smile: and Erik!) and a PTZ camera - so I need 24 ports, I tried with switches but always had some artefacts on switch that pissed me off. Been adding the magewell cards one at a time as they are pricey and the folks that sell them here in the Uk aren’t great to return stuff too!

Neil.

My 3rd revision of the wireless rig finally arrived from 8020. This latest revision is lightweight and very close to the one I was travelling across the country with last year. I added some additional counterbores for stability so the rig will no longer twist and shift as it is used. 72" tall (oops) 75" tall (before casters) and 36" max width, enough for widebodies but can be adjusted inward as preferred.

Parts list with notes for the counterbores:

8 Likes

For those looking for Cam Links:

https://plumplazas.com/?product=elgato-cam-link-4-compact-hdmi-capture-device

This website was linked directly from Best Buy and they’re $90. It seems legit so I ordered one and so did a buddy of mine. Ordered last night so I’ll post an update when it ships.

Edit: It was linked as an ad. Buy at your own risk. If it doesn’t ship in a couple of days I’m going to do a chargeback, so no big deal.

so I’m using a dell 5820 with NVME “disks” (2T) 32GB
Nvidia quadro P2000 (quadro allows many more video encoding sessions than regular video card and supports 4 outputs and cheap!
2 magewell cards 8 HDMI ports
1 blacktragic card 4 hdmi ports (will be magewell in future)
1 Thunderbolt card -> Sonnet 3 slot PCI chassis
2 magewell cards 8 ports hdmi (will add magewell card here also).

testing shows I can add another pci thunderbolt chassis but don’t think ill need it.

Did you end up getting any shipping info?

Not yet. Going to give them til Tuesday before I call the bank. I did, however, end up buying a Nix capture card because it was pretty inexpensive and the videos I saw looked good enough for the DMD cam.

has anyone made the cable to go from Stern Spike 2 Node 0 audio out into the LVDS to HDMI board? Does it work?

Nice, I just sent your spreadsheet to a Canadian 8020 retailer and they sent me back an invoice. I didn’t even need to think about it. Well other than deciding that black isn’t worth $150 and an extra 4-6 weeks for me.

2 Likes

I know I am a newbie here (TopRopePinball) however I am going to add a Sony CX405 to my set up for better playfield video. I should have started with that because of the cost of the C922/C920 but I rushed into it. Oh well, I guess I will have more cameras!!!

2 Likes

It’ll end up being fine actually. You can use the C922 for a the player cam and use a $10 webcam for the display. I did that for a long time and it looks good enough. No need to drop hundreds on cameras if you don’t stream reglarly.

Just in case anyone else was thinking about getting a Rodecaster Pro, I picked one up but it doesn’t really have Linux support. But if you’re on a Mac or PC then this thing is pretty nice. It’s pretty large though. But I’ve liked using it so far. I was able to tweak the Linux kernel and get stereo recording to work but I can’t get output yet into the mixer, so with a little work it is possible to be useful to the Linux crowd.

I’m also playing with the Rode Wireless Go as a player mic, but haven’t done much with it yet. It does sound pretty nice though and is really small. Enough to just clip on your shirt and not need a lav mic.

Anybody got any Blackbirds for sale? I can get them new but wouldn’t mind taking advantage of used-but-no-longer-needed pricing.

Found another wireless HDMI option powered by USB-C for $160:

https://www.cablematters.com/pc-856-140-wireless-hdmi-extender-wireless-hdmi-transmitter.aspx

1 Like

Same tech as blackbirds. Wouldn’t surprise me to find out if they were the same internals too. I don’t see usb-c on those, just micro usb.

I have a DVDO Air3C set I don’t use. Uses the same 60ghz tech as the blackbirds, which is why I can’t use it. Send me a message if you’re interested.

1 Like

So the issue is that you can’t have more than 2 transmitters on the 60 ghz frequency? Ideally you’d have one on 2, 5, and 60 for each cam?